UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

A J72 hauls a pair of ex NBR Holmes coaches bound for Easingwold past Crankley level crossing. This is a troublesome place as the M&GN gates I am using don't have a 45 degree variety so I may replace them with "Yard Gate" eventually. The line only had level crossings and the cottages at both have survived although much extended. Sadly for me, as I like my signals, the line had no signals and it had the one intermediate siding at Crankley presumably for clay as the area was extensively mined for brick clay.

J72 at Crankley Crossing Easingwold 14.8.22 by A1 Northeastern, on Flickr

Very nice to remember long closed stations along the ECML & the DMU service failed to halt the station closures. Pilmoor with its East West branches & also South of York which were on the old ECML between York & Selby but I think had closed before new line opened which avoided Selby & the open cast mining.

Very nice to remember long closed stations along the ECML & the DMU service failed to halt the station closures. Pilmoor with its East West branches & also South of York which were on the old ECML between York & Selby but I think had closed before new line opened which avoided Selby & the open cast mining.

All the stations between York and Darlington except Tollerton and Croft Spa closed in 1958 and when Tollerton closed in 1965 it only had one train a day stopping ! I have most of Pilmoor and the beginnings of it's branches done but sadly there is nothing like the standard LNER buildings on the DLS so I am having to make do and mend.I'm altering the ECML to its 1958 configuration with some sections reduced to three tracks and some of the long closed loops reinstated.

I agree it can be quite a challenge route building & I sadly have not mastered modelling skills mainly due to not being very good at colour co-ordination. Going East from Pilmoor & the two branches splitting at Gilling but then going East side by side till the Helmsley one turned North.

I agree it can be quite a challenge route building & I sadly have not mastered modelling skills mainly due to not being very good at colour co-ordination. Going East from Pilmoor & the two branches splitting at Gilling but then going East side by side till the Helmsley one turned North.

It's been a week now and progress is slow but steady. Here is a Holden F3 heading past Crankley Crossing heading towards Alne and thence York.

Holden F3 Crankley Crossing 15.8.22 by A1 Northeastern, on Flickr

Superb- excellent blending of splines and terrain. Are the two stag-headed trees (the one in front of the barn and the one behind the third coach) on the DLS?

R3

The tree isn't on the DLS unfortunately - it was one of McGuirels payware series : <kuid2:72938:44008:1> M: Forest01_PartialDeadBroadleaf02_33m_2475p (Payware)

Haven't visited this thread in a while - some excellent screenshots, everyone!

Chiming in with two of a Black 5 running a passenger service (I know it has no headcodes, so sorry about that, but I think the screenshots themselves more than make up for it.)

qgum1A6.jpg

cmgBjwq.jpg

Enjoy!

Back