UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

What a monster of a locomotive, - that boiler is huge.
Thanks for your good wishes Tanker, I'm slowly getting there and feeling better than I was.

Thanks for your good wishes too Ken.

Hello KG - keep slogging up that recovery hill. As for the loco...... What is the engine spec it is using? The boiler is a huge one because of the steam appetite from four hungry cylinders. I expect there are more than a few LSWR firemen in the hereafter thankful that Drummond never built it. None of those guys ever needed gym membership, they shovelled tons of coal each shift.

According to Haresnape and Rowledge (Drummond Locomotives) the boiler would have been identical to the F13/E14 ones which suggests an indifferent performance.

Some more shots from me. I'm more of a Southern man myself but I have got to say - Badger Tanglefoot really sold me on making an LMS Grouping layout. The PLL Locos look so well here! :)

L70ANCf.jpg
[/IMG]
h7LsFJS.jpg
[/IMG]

And a quickie of an LNWR G2A as it races by the park. The poor photographer had to scramble back to the car after he loaded up the family so he could get his camera!

ba7Cx7l.jpg
[/IMG]

Tanker46

M&GNJR. After a being away from Trainz for too long I played trains for a while on my WIP M&GNJR layout and had a lot of fun doing it too.

fnsdnaa.png

Yard Work, LNER Style

Nice shots kotangagirl.

Here is some yard work at Shildon. TRS 2019 trying to turn my new gaming laptop into a "hairdryer" with the rate the fans are running. West end of Shildon yard on my WIP Bishop Auckland route. A G5 0-4-4T with a local passenger train passes a newly arrived Q6 0-8-0 preparing to decouple from a long rake of empty hoppers from Newport Yard on the banks of the river Tees.

Thanks Borderreiver. I am always stunned at how huge those NER yards were. Great screenshot by the way.

Excellent atmospheric screenshots Graham. I like the very early BR era too.

Leaving Melton Constable and heading for Great Yarmouth.

rcLv85E.png

A return to Middle Vale, - or at least my version of it anyway. It was slightly disconcerting to discover I'd almost forgotten how to operate this early period BR route that I'd spent months working on. Plainly I'd left it on the shelf for too long which is a major oversight on my part since this is a wonderful and completely reliable route/layout to operate (even if I do say so myself).
While I'm getting myself back on my feet again I should come and play trains here as often as I can manage it because it's a fully working route that's about as complete as any layout can be said to be and it does exactly what it says on the tin. Built completely in TS2012 and sorry I won't be uploading it to the DLS.

mqE0pk9.jpg

4FqhLeC.jpg

dZ3gLaM.jpg

7dGrw4j.jpg

vlPwmeH.jpg

67L6CmO.jpg

Annie that is a beautiful route.
I am the same when it comes to routes, I build them and shelve them. Route building and reskinning is what I like doing :)
I recently started making it my business to investigate the hundreds of old CDP files that I have on an external HDD, I am surprised at how well the old routes look in TRS19.
Mostly European, but there are some that can be converted for UK use.

Pity you aren't putting the route on the DLS though.

Pity you aren't putting the route on the DLS though.

The amount of work involved would be more than I could cope with Graham. The route has S&C and PLL assets and it may have some other payware as well. Most assets are on the DLS, but as you would know well it's the small percentage that aren't that causes all the problems. It would have to remain a TS2012 route as well since converting it to TANE or TS2019 would be a nightmare.

I do understand Annie.
As a route builder the first decision to make for a new route should be DLS or not.
If yes to DLS then it is important to record exactly where to get the 3rd party assets, as for payware then that is another pitfall.
If no to DLS then the builder has free reign to do as they please.
Me, I start so many routes that it would be a major task to keep records, so, if not on the DLS then it doesn't get included.
Take care.

Yes Graham, if I'd decided I was going to upload the route right from the start I would have approached building it very differently. I don't know if it would have been the same route that it is now though.

Middle Vale, - moving coal. And yes I do know that the ex-LMS Garratts didn't work in the border country, but I just like it and it's my railway.

ikQImG7.jpg

On5Scal.jpg

Hw5j8o7.jpg

Thanks Graham. That viaduct is a great place for taking snaps. There's only that one in Middle Vale and it crosses a fairly deep valley so it lends itself to a wide variety of angles for screenshots.

ECML Early 1960s

Deltic D9011 "the Royal Northumberland Fusiliers" with a down express passenger train from Kings Cross for Newcastle speeds past an EE Type 3 D6755 with a coal train bound for Dunston.

Back