UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

Blame it on that creative writing course I did a few years ago Rob
erwBbdb.png

Evilcrow, your shots never cease to amaze.
A bit of reworking has prompted me to take a V2 for a spin. I chose a famous one.
EC4AAB559DCBD78D5075B748CCA79D8AD1484F85

re posts #1505 KotangaGirl and #1506 trainboi1
Thank you both for the compliments.
Thank you also trainboi1, for the V2 and K3 and other models.

UK.........trainboi1 V2 60873.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Cheers, evilcrow

Thanks Kotangagirl. The line maximum, 940 tons. The T2 was built around that large boiler to haul 1000 ton coal trains at 25 mph on the level.

I purchased that self same T2 from Cam some time ago for my NER line. Now that I'm bringing my NER line back from the dead and converting it over to TS2012 I should really blow the digital dust off it and give it a run. A really superb model like all the locomotives Cam makes.

The model is good, but then the original was a well designed tool for the job required. The class was simple and had relatively little work done to it apart from boiler swaps, though many of the self-trimming tenders paired with the examples built from 1917 were plundered for use elsewhere, such as the Class C7. They were found on coal haulage work right up to the end of steam on the BR NE Region during 1967. I think Ken Hoole described them as "being ubiquitous" on coal haulage within the Durham coalfield (The J27 reigned supreme in the Northumberland coal field north of the Tyne).

I'm going to come over here and post my screenshots. Pictures of dismals and modern error toothpaste tube trains keep turning up on the other thread and I'm tired of having to take my eyeballs out and wash them.

Paul's ex-L&Y class 27 0-6-0's are older models, but still a lot of fun. Mine have engine specs by Paul Hobbs and LNWR steam and whistle sound files by knucklesnvector which has improved them greatly. Here are the pair of them at work on Middlevales.

iB05IWb.jpg

The 0-6-0 in charge of a trainload of sawn timber is one of Cam's Caley 812's. Another nice and very useful engine to have on Middlevales.

qwXbBj0.jpg

And both my ex-L&Y engines have received a little present courtesy of my collection of builder's plate photos (A different plate was used for each of them, - no cheating here).

NQYFkyo.jpg

An old 'sparky' with teak coaches in 'blood and custard', - very nice. :)

I like the saddle tank contrasted with the electric locomotive, - excellent composition there. And that moody sky. Another great screenshot evilcrow.

Thanks :) It might be possible to get permission to upload it, but I've still got quite a way to go yet before I'd consider the layout to be in a finished enough state to offer it to the Trainz community.

Re Post #1516 KotangaGirl

Thanks for the compliment KotangaGirl, by the way, please may I ask, what's that loco? in your #1517.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Cheers, evilcrow

It's a Hudswell Clarke Manchester Ship Canal 0-6-0 that comes bundled with the Potteries loop Line. A very nice little engine for use on any imaginary light railway or tramway apart from its official duties on PLL.

Back