UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

Re post #4473 KotangaGirl
Goodly track work, Annie and great improvement on the original route.

Thanks very much Ken. Another good looking atmospheric screenshot from you as well.

Chrisaw's 'County of Berks' testing out the mainline on 'Ashington'. The Mk1 coaches are older models by Paulz Trainz and it looks like the restaurant car is cooking up a storm

HzPAJwa.jpg

rSinhIq.jpg

Last edited:
On a bright, early morning (actually, very bright despite efforts to tone it down...:confused:) at Drummond Station, train schedules are kicking in as several passenger trains charge away from their platforms. The "Spam Can" is blasting mighty clouds of steam as she starts to accelerate. The sky is threatening to the west. Rain is forcast.

Southern 1610 is working a special today, and will be leaving shortly, minutes after the morning rush has departed. The Station Master was hard pressed to find Southern Corridors for the run, so he apologized to the driver for the non-matching colors.

[Editor's Note - any suggestions on closer matching colors would be appreciated...:))

Regards,
Gary

cWZoMIKB_o.jpg

re post #4482 borderreiver
Nice shot and info, Frank. 1914 ominous !!
re posts #4483/84 KotangaGirl.
Good to see Chrisaw's locos on the move.
re post #4485 Heinrich505
Hello Gary, you could try "SR (ex-LSWR)" coaches by edh6.

Still in TANE

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Cheers, Ken

Another great shot, Ken! :cool: You have that gritty steam-era look down pat. Very cool shot!

Thanks for the suggestion on the coaches. I will check them out.

Regards,
Gary

re post #4482 borderreiver
Nice shot and info, Frank. 1914 ominous !!
re posts #4483/84 KotangaGirl.
Good to see Chrisaw's locos on the move.
re post #4485 Heinrich505
Hello Gary, you could try "SR (ex-LSWR)" coaches by edh6.

Still in TANE

*Image removed*

Cheers, Ken

Very nice shot. The L1 reskin breathes life into the asset.

Thanks, Jack

I'm not entirely convinced by the 'model railway' approach to Trainz, but in it's favour it cuts massively down on the amount of scenery that needs to be placed, concetrating attention back to the trains and right-of-way, which is, after all, what it's all supposedly about anyway...

Screenshot is from what started out as a quick-and-dirty play with the 'Minories' classic, but just keeps growing....

Andy ;)

Last edited:
That is a wonderful shot, Andy. The detail really makes the scene pop! I concur wholeheartedly with the direction of your "growth" for the route.

Re: post #4488 Annie, is that TRS19 for the Ashington shot? The lighting is just right. Might I inquire as to your environment settings?

Regards,
Gary

re post #4489 LNERlover5
Thanks for the compliment Jack. Your locos are a joy to behold, it's a pity you've stopped making anymore.
re post #4490 Dermmy
Good shot Andy and plenty of detail packed into one board or two. Your Southern Pacific RR shots show what can be acheived with minimal baseboards.

Still inTANE (LNERlover5's Ivatt tank)

Cheers, Ken

Re: post #4488 Annie, is that TRS19 for the Ashington shot? The lighting is just right. Might I inquire as to your environment settings?

Regards,
Gary
I'm still hunting for the perfect Summer's day in TRS19 Gary. And yes my Ashington rebuild is in TRS19 SP3. It might be my aging video card, but I find that the light seems to vary a bit from session to session even when I've made no adjustments at all.
Basically what I'm doing is always having the blue dial turned back about an eighth to a quarter of a turn from the red and green dial's settings. This helps to cut back the hard edge TRS19 tends to have with its environmental lighting. I have the sun's colour set to being a darkish charcoal, but not outright black. Ambient lighting is a lightish beige with just a hint of green. This works well with the rural types of lines I like to build. Fog is switched off.
I've been doing my best to keep the sky blue and not going for the about to rain soon look that I was using before. The sky is 'Custom Sky 10' <KUID2:56732:20104:1> made originally for TS2004 and its creator comments that it was based on a clear December sky in Toronto back in 2007.

Thanks for the suggestions. I will give them a whirl.

I'm sure the Holy Grail of environmental settings is out there...somewhere...just a matter of accidentally discovering them. :confused:

Special 1610 SR U Class Maunsell 2-6-0 rolls over the Urie River and into Billinton for its scheduled stop. Then it is off to Drummond for the final stop on this run.

CvLwIB3D_o.jpg

I like the idea i find I can actually complete Railways/Roads. Done 4 or 5 now, another good thing if your like me you can go made with details and little scenes that just look good

Tom

I'm not entirely convinced by the 'model railway' approach to Trainz, but in it's favour it cuts massively down on the amount of scenery that needs to be placed, concetrating attention back to the trains and right-of-way, which is, after all, what it's all supposedly about anyway...

Screenshot is from what started out as a quick-and-dirty play with the 'Minories' classic, but just keeps growing....

[screenshot deleted as per forum rules]

Andy ;)

Thanks for the suggestions. I will give them a whirl.

I'm sure the Holy Grail of environmental settings is out there...somewhere...just a matter of accidentally discovering them. :confused:

When it's all running nice it can be lovely Gary, but it's been a frustrating learning experience at times.

vDa1OIX.jpg

WxPDzlZ.jpg

re post #4489 LNERlover5
Thanks for the compliment Jack. Your locos are a joy to behold, it's a pity you've stopped making anymore.
re post #4490 Dermmy
Good shot Andy and plenty of detail packed into one board or two. Your Southern Pacific RR shots show what can be acheived with minimal baseboards.

*Image removed*

Cheers, Ken

Life took over I'm afraid. Wound up doing a CS degree and became a software developer. Since then I've just not had the time to pick it back up and my skills have degraded to the point that I don't remember how to use Blender...

I browse the forums from time to time still. I do appreciate seeing my old assets still in use 6 years later.

Thanks, Jack

re post #4489 LNERlover5
re post #4490 Dermmy

<picture snipped>

Cheers, Ken

I finally found some time to fix the mess that TRS19 had made of LNERlover5's Ivatt tank. I'll roster it into the timetable and put it through its paces on Ashington over the next couple of days.

I browse the forums from time to time still. I do appreciate seeing my old assets still in use 6 years later.

Thanks, Jack

Well I do hope you approve of me doing some repairs on your Ivatt 2MT tank Jack. It's certainly looking a lot better now.

Annie

y8RZE4j.jpg

Life took over I'm afraid. Wound up doing a CS degree and became a software developer. Since then I've just not had the time to pick it back up and my skills have degraded to the point that I don't remember how to use Blender...

Thanks, Jack

Good to hear from you Jack. Your assets are still very much appreciated!

Paul

Andy ;)
Great stuff Andy. I was wondering what that tank engine was lurking in the background?

Paul

re post # 4499 KotangaGirl
Best of luck with the Ivatt tank in TRS2019 Annie. I might have a rare visit to TRS2019 and see what I can come up with on Jack's Ivatt 2-6-0 loco.

Still in TANE.

Cheers, Ken

Back