UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

Nice looking screenshots Graham. My own early BR period layout is gathering digital dust at the moment while I'm busy with building my Broad Gauge Cornwall Railway layout.

So far all I have done with TS2019 is use it to refresh some of my favourite TS2004 routes, though I do also have my own Cairnrigg to Balessie route in TS2019. All of these are very simple routes with no fancy bits and they aren't particularly large so I haven't struck any problems with them. I do like TS2019 and my collection of mid-19th century legacy engines and rolling stock run very nicely in TS2019, but then I'm not using any of the magic fancy stuff and I use the new version exactly like it's a 64 bit version of TS2012.
When I saw that you were transfering your routes over to TS2019 Frank I immediately understood that it was going to be one heck of a project that might take you months to get done. I don't think I would dare do it with any of my own large routes such as my GER Norfolk route or Middle Vale because the work involved would be horrible.
Edit: And I don't envy what you're doing with your own routes either Graham.

Since my illness keeps me housebound the seasons don't mean that much to me, so I guess you're right Frank, - everyone is out in the Summer sunshine at the moment instead of running their layouts and taking nice screenshots.

Last edited:
Yes Annie, it will take time. I have already identified that anyone running the T:ANE version of BCR Riccarton Junction and Bellingham in TRS2019 is going to find some missing textures because between T:ANE and TRS2019 they have "passed away" from the DLS. It is on my "to do" list but my first steps there with PBR have yielded less than stellar results. I believe that is partly down to what seems to me to be a still rather limited range of PBR textures. I might have to change the missing textures in the T:ANE version, upload it to the DLS and leave it at that for the moment. In the meantime I am busy digitally glazing carriages brought over in to TRS2019.

Yes it's going to be a lot of work for you Frank. I hope it all turns out well in the end.

Perran viaduct, Cornwall Railway.

LJIeAos.jpg

Hi T46 - Just came across these pics ... and glad that they coaxed you into LMS (etc) territory. It's comments and pics like yours that make Route building so rewarding. perhaps the latest Tristyn Route/Session can tempt you into the GWR and its associated railway companies? Regards. Colin.

Say no more Colin. Your Tristyn Route sold me long ago. I just don't have enough Western Locos in Grouping liveries to post that many screenshots yet.

Your BR Era Tristyn however....

Wt7mq6f.jpg
[/IMG]

qWRPiJ8.jpg
[/IMG]

tAwh3hp.jpg
[/IMG]

szd1vp5.jpg
[/IMG]

....that's another story. ;)

Tanker46

Post #2240 - I'm still here Annie! Life with the Mrs. just seems to be busy as of late. Preparing for the baby is consuming a lot of time right now but I do manage to find time for Trainz! Just took these shots of me fumbling around on the IOW line! :) If only we had an E1 Class.....

YZGxPdV.jpg
[/IMG]

WtQLn8c.jpg
[/IMG]

8spz3zE.jpg
[/IMG]

y1xUYIu.jpg
[/IMG]

Tanker46

Ah! The Grange was made by the same person who made the SR U and N Classes that I post so often in my screenshots. Unfortunately I can't release his name as these are private models and I gave him my word to keep his identity secret. I will say that I am working on a model of the Grange Class myself for free release to the DLS. It's slow going but I plan on releasing it along with the other GWR Moguls I am working on. If you want more information then shoot me a private message later on. ;)

Tanker46

Good looking screenshots there Tanker. Nice to see something from you again. Babies and their impending arrival do tend to turn one's life upside down. Mine are in their 30's now so I don't have to worry about them so much.
Yes I looked at that Grange and was racking my brains to think who might have made it.
The IOW route looks good and I had wondered about giving it a try, but I'm doing my best not to get distracted at present while I'm busy with my Broad Gauge Cornwall Railway route.

A secret locomotive builder! Given the decline in content creators for UK content I do wish that they could be persuaded to come out of hiding and produce some stuff for Trainzers following UK content.

A weathered Thompson Diagram 328 CK, pressure ventilated type for premier expresses. Weathered for autumn, winter and spring operation when adverse weather would have great effect on carriages.
No. 1207 was built during 1948 along with Nos. 1215 1218 and 1224 for the "Junior Scotsman", the relief train for "The Flying Scotsman". Nos. 1226 & 1227 followed in 1949.

Last edited:
Excellent shots, neville_hill, - just like it used to be. I especially like the crab despite-its number beginning with a 4 and not a 6; - is it one from Gary Price?
Best wishes
Ian

Yes, I agree, the weathering on the crab in post #2253 looks excellent - gives me ideas! The water staining on the A4 firebox hasn't gone unnoticed either!

The LNER Thompson coach in post #2252, by borderreiver, in weathered livery, looks great.

Rob.

Thanks all. Below is a shot of the 8:05 a.m. from Sheffield Victoria to York passenger service passing Chaloner's Whin Junction circa 1934. It is a Saturday, as the head of the train is made up of a Gresley BCK and TK, which are through carriages for Glasgow. The 8:55 a.m. from Leeds (New) to Glasgow Queen Street is already on its way and will collect the Sheffield carriages before departing northwards at 9:38 a.m. The remainder of the train are ex-N.E.R. clerestory non-corridor carriages, a Brake Compo Lav and Third. The Gresley carriages have only recently replaced an ex-N.E.R. BCK and ex-G.C.R. TK.

Last edited:
Thanks for the comments. I much prefer modelling the actual age of steam and that means heavily weathered locos and rolling stock, exemplified by borderiever's weathered Thompson carriage. Pristine locos seem to have the feel of the preservation era. Hence I have started on the steep learning curve of reskinning. Still very hit and miss at present!
Yes Ian it is Gary Price's Crab underneath and the Stanier tank is also his. His work is still stunning even after all these years and his two weathered Fowler locos are among the best ever. I just wish he had more weathered versions on offer.

Another driving lesson for Blondie. Sometimes I like having fun with TS2019's daft collection of drivers.
An S.E.R. Crampton and this weathered one is my favourite and is a great engine to drive.

FVgaXDh.jpg

JRUH0Cx.jpg

ayrFKa5.jpg

Last edited:
Back