UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

Still in TANE

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Cheers. evilcrow

#3862. I really do like that screenshot Frank. The camera person will need to scaddle quickly off the track though. Washbeck box is magnificent, but I bet the signalmen became a little weary walking up and down the length of it all day.

#3863. A great sparrowcam screenshot of Belmont Junction station Lewisner. I don't know what it is with the 9F's either; - with my interests is rare that I would want one, but whenever I've tried to download one the hunt the dependencies game gets old really fast.

#3864. Beautiful light and shadow effects Ken. 'City of Truro' looks like it must be out on an enthusiasts' special.

re post #3856 KotangaGirl
Looks like summer is here, Annie.

It's always Summertime on my Norfolk layout.

3uvyYTG.jpg

1921 - N.E.R. Summer

Basic tracklaying out to Seamer accomplished. Here a Worsdell R1 Class 4-4-0, later superheated by Raven hauls the summer Kings Cross - Scarborough through train between Seamer Junction and Scarborough Gasworks. One day the set was provided by the G.N.R. and on the other the set was provided by the N.E.R. and is presumed to be one of the two N.E.R. sets normally deployed on the Newcastle - Liverpool service.

re post #3865 KotangaGirl
Hello Annie, City of Truro did work normal service trains whilst at Didcot 81D.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GWR_3700_Class_3440_City_of_Truro

<image snipped>

Cheers, Ken

Wow for an elderly engine it certainly did get about the place and have adventures during the BR era. I knew it did see some use, but not as much as that much! Thanks for posting the link to the Wiki page Ken.

A really nice screenshot at #3867 too.

A fairly usual kind of day at Hopewood on Sea.

lYcx1M7.jpg

Still in TANE

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Cheers. evilcrow

Post #3864 and 3867 These are amazing screenshots Ken! Excellent job with the famous City of Truro! Didcot should hire you for some promotional campaigns! :D

Post # 3856 and 3865 - Always a pleasure to see your Norfolk layout coming into focus again Annie! Looks like you have your hands full with the busy summer season starting on the line! :hehe:

Late Spring 1929 - Early Morning Operations out of Dearnby for the GWR!

idACg2C.jpg
[/IMG]

XVXZsUb.jpg
[/IMG]

2cdllhw.jpg
[/IMG]

yKr4bbQ.jpg
[/IMG]

cHA9Zz8.jpg
[/IMG]

Very nice early morning screenshots at Dearnby Tanker.

No.8 starts away from the small station at Tenpenny Beach on the Windweather Loop with an interesting collection of elderly coaches.

0NYCSt7.jpg

I've not posted many screenshots of Windweather Harbour. No.8 crosses the swing bridge across the entry to the harbour. There's a second swing bridge at the other end of the harbour basin. The harbour at Windweather is a tidal harbour with lock gates even though I've been told that such a thing would be seriously unusual on the Norfolk coast.

VjwYLIA.jpg

Fantastic shots all, keep up the great work!

@Tanker, RE post #3873, what an unusual GWR brakevan. It looks like an 8 wheeler Toad?

And is that autocoach in the last shot a new model or an updated Andi06 asset? It looks different; smaller windows and additional detailing on the body not to mention a lovely new underframe and bogies.

Cheers,

PLP

Nice screenshots Annie & a swing bridge like that is still in use not far away in Lincolnshire as the line crosses the tidal River Haven to enter Boston Docks & is still in use complete with ex GNR signals. The docks used to ne worked by ex GER J67 or J69 0-6-0T engines. Some nice coverage on Youtube of shunters crossing the bridge & also the bridge swinging into position.

Nice screenshots Annie & a swing bridge like that is still in use not far away in Lincolnshire as the line crosses the tidal River Haven to enter Boston Docks & is still in use complete with ex GNR signals. The docks used to ne worked by ex GER J67 or J69 0-6-0T engines. Some nice coverage on Youtube of shunters crossing the bridge & also the bridge swinging into position.

Thanks for that tailight. Youtube's search engine was being dead brained, but I did manage to find a video about the swing bridges.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYFUPfYTtcs

Fantastic shots all, keep up the great work!

@Tanker, RE post #3873, what an unusual GWR brakevan. It looks like an 8 wheeler Toad?

And is that autocoach in the last shot a new model or an updated Andi06 asset? It looks different; smaller windows and additional detailing on the body not to mention a lovely new underframe and bogies.

Cheers,

PLP

I figured you would be one to notice Parker! :hehe:

The brake van in question is a semi fictional 25T Brake that has been dubbed the "Octo Toad".

Although they were never produced in real life, the design was drawn up by Collett for use on heavy goods trains in Plymouth and Lickey. They were designed using the GNR 8 Wheeler as a base I believe. But in my little "universe" they are Dearnby Brakes used for heavy fish and market trains.

The Autocoach is not Andi06's - but it's script sure is! It's a new build that I happen to be beta testing at the moment. They also have BR Crimson and Cream and Maroon Liveries as well!

Both are made by my buddy Welshman from discord. He made those BR Mk1s a while back and now he's trying his hand at some new equipment! It's really amazing and I'll ask if I can share the links when I get back to my computer tonight!

The last new item I forgot to mention is the GWR Hall Class that's shown up in every screenshot. Pilotwoo is letting me run the kinks out of it so hopefully it will be ready for public use soon in the future! :D

Last edited:
Basic tracklaying out to Seamer accomplished. Here a Worsdell R1 Class 4-4-0, later superheated by Raven hauls the summer Kings Cross - Scarborough through train between Seamer Junction and Scarborough Gasworks. One day the set was provided by the G.N.R. and on the other the set was provided by the N.E.R. and is presumed to be one of the two N.E.R. sets normally deployed on the Newcastle - Liverpool service.

How far down the line to York are you planning to go ? I'd be happy to send you my Malton & Driffield route which I think is OK height and orientation wise at Malton.

1946 - Handling vans on a Misty Morning

Tanker46, Kotangagirl, taillight98 and evilcrow, great shots.
Lewisner, thanks for the offer but at the moment the plan is to stop about a mile past Seamer on the York line. Unsure whether or not to go as far as Filey Holiday Camp on the Bridlington line. The idea is to produce a route which involves managing Scarborough as a terminus or rather as a triple terminus in effect with the distant Whitby bay platform by Falsgrave box and the excursion station at Londesborough Road. I have my doubts as to whether the AI can handle the sheer number of summer Saturday trains within the headways required. Londesborough probably had to have had at least two pilot locos rostered to haul the excursion trains out and take the empty stock to the carriage sidings between the gasworks and mere gate. The train loco can then be released to Scarborough shed for servicing and stabling. using the carriage sidings at Washbeck does not seem to be an easy move from Londesborough Road station as it involves gaining the up main and then running down by the gasworks before backing in to the carriage sidings at Washbeck. This would possibly have caused uproar with the potential for delays. There may have been no alternative though once the eight roads at the down sidings were full.

Today I have been trainzing at Newcastle. At the west end of the station on a misty morning during the early post-war period, a J72 0-6-0T shunts a pair of elderly ex-ECJS 56ft6in BGs.

In their youth these BGs would have been part of the consists on anglo-scottish main line passenger expresses. However, as their status has declined both BGs have suffered the indignity during WWII of being turned out of works in flat brown paint. Many pre-grouping carriages received this livery as a wartime economy due to the shortage of skilled labour. For most it would persist in to the nationalisation era and their ultimate withdrawal.

Last edited:
Great screenies everybody !
Here is a Clayton Class 17 hauling coal southbound past Newbottle Lane level crossing as an NCB J94 takes empties to Moorsley on the parallel NCB tracks. The row of railway houses here is still a prominent feature so I did a bit more detailing than normal. I've never found a photo of the signalbox despite it surviving into the 60s.

Trainz at Newbottle lane 25.4.2021 by A1 Northeastern, on Flickr

Back