Page 258 of 262 FirstFirst ... 158208248256257258259260 ... LastLast
Results 3,856 to 3,870 of 3920

Thread: UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

One of the Eastlingwold's Hicks 0-6-0s with a train of empty coal wagons heads towards the goods yard at Great Mulling.

Narcolepsy is not napping.

3854 Lewinser
    Very nice shot & my goodness that bucket line brought back memories of sometimes passing a quarry that had one of those. Had forgot all about them & nice you managed to re-create in your Leamside route. Also nice to see a J94 in action. I expect these days health & Safety issues would not allow the bucket lines over the tracks or roads.
    Last edited by tailight98; April 22nd, 2021 at 04:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tailight98 View Post
    3854 Lewinser
    Very nice shot & my goodness that bucket line brought back memories of sometimes passing a quarry that had one of those. Had forgot all about them & nice you managed to re-create in your Leamside route. Also nice to see a J94 in action. I expect these days health & Safety issues would not allow the bucket lines over the tracks or roads.
    Cheers, it dismays me that all the time I lived in the north east I never bothered to explore the remaining colliery lines and photograph them. There's still one aerial ropeway in use, at Claughton in Lancashire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgpBwpCguEc&t=586s
    MSI Gaming 9 ACK mobo-Intel i7 5960X-Samsung 970 Evo Pro 240GB M2 SSD-Nvidia RTX 2070 GPU-32GB G.Skill Ripjaws 2133Mhz DDR4 RAM

Hi Lewisner, re post #3854 - The payware route The Potteries Loop Line has some. One example is <kuid2:84609:28685:2> the Ropeway_Protector_Bridge by kemplen. There are also long and skewed versions as well as ropeway track, pylons, transfer and unloader houses. The route and sessions work in TS12 and the route can be taken over to T:ANE and TRS2019 but the shedmaster sessions are a bust. I suggest that if you buy the route then download all the updates and extra content from the PLL site. The site is http://www.potteriesloopline.co.uk/ and the clicking the Buy PLL link says that it is £19.99.

Quote Originally Posted by borderreiver View Post
    Hi Lewisner, re post #3854 - The payware route The Potteries Loop Line has some. One example is <kuid2:84609:28685:2> the Ropeway_Protector_Bridge by kemplen. There are also long and skewed versions as well as ropeway track, pylons, transfer and unloader houses. The route and sessions work in TS12 and the route can be taken over to T:ANE and TRS2019 but the shedmaster sessions are a bust. I suggest that if you buy the route then download all the updates and extra content from the PLL site. The site is http://www.potteriesloopline.co.uk/ and the clicking the Buy PLL link says that it is £19.99.
    Thanks for that borderreiver, I will definitely have a look at that route but at this point I don't want to introduce payware to my route as I wish to put it on the DLS at some point.
    Here is a WD heading south past Adventure Pit, just north of Leamside station with a coal train. The mine itself is my not too good reskin of the late great Bendorseys "South_Hutton_Colliery".

WD at Adventure Pit Leamside 22.4.2021 by A1 Northeastern, on Flickr
    MSI Gaming 9 ACK mobo-Intel i7 5960X-Samsung 970 Evo Pro 240GB M2 SSD-Nvidia RTX 2070 GPU-32GB G.Skill Ripjaws 2133Mhz DDR4 RAM

re post #3849 Railwoodman
    Thanks for the compliment Matt. Your PRR route is ls looking top notch, double headed K4 pacifics nice !!
    re post #3856 KotangaGirl
    Looks like summer is here, Annie.
    re post #3860 Lewisner.
    The late BenDorsey's Tram spline <kuid2:210518:5095:1> might be of use to you as another rope way.

Cheers, Ken

Default 1921 - NER Summer at Scarborough

Hello Lewisner, yes, payware would be a problem if you put the route up on the DLS so good luck on putting it together using the range of stuff on the DLS.

A N.E.R. Worsdell O Class 0-4-4T bringing a rake of 49ft arc-roof stock past Washbeck box on its way in to Scarborough with a local train. A 32ft luggage van is at the head of the train behind the loco.

This is a work in progress.

The various 9Fs have never worked in my game as they always have 55 million missing dependencies and faults but tonight Evening Star bucked the trend so I gave her a run on a short coal train and here she is passing Belmont Junction station which closed in 1857. She's a beautiful loco and I intend to use her a lot in future.

Evening Star at Belmont Junction 22.4.2021 by A1 Northeastern, on Flickr

Still in TANE

Cheers. evilcrow

#3862. I really do like that screenshot Frank. The camera person will need to scaddle quickly off the track though. Washbeck box is magnificent, but I bet the signalmen became a little weary walking up and down the length of it all day.

#3863. A great sparrowcam screenshot of Belmont Junction station Lewisner. I don't know what it is with the 9F's either; - with my interests is rare that I would want one, but whenever I've tried to download one the hunt the dependencies game gets old really fast.

#3864. Beautiful light and shadow effects Ken. 'City of Truro' looks like it must be out on an enthusiasts' special.

re post #3856 KotangaGirl
    Looks like summer is here, Annie.
    It's always Summertime on my Norfolk layout.

EX GC N5 0-6-2T Lincolnshire branch lines WIP

re post #3865 KotangaGirl
    Hello Annie, City of Truro did work normal service trains whilst at Didcot 81D.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GWR_37..._City_of_Truro

Cheers, Ken

Default 1921 - N.E.R. Summer

Basic tracklaying out to Seamer accomplished. Here a Worsdell R1 Class 4-4-0, later superheated by Raven hauls the summer Kings Cross - Scarborough through train between Seamer Junction and Scarborough Gasworks. One day the set was provided by the G.N.R. and on the other the set was provided by the N.E.R. and is presumed to be one of the two N.E.R. sets normally deployed on the Newcastle - Liverpool service.

Still in TANE

Cheers. evilcrow

Quote Originally Posted by evilcrow View Post
    re post #3865 KotangaGirl
    Hello Annie, City of Truro did work normal service trains whilst at Didcot 81D.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GWR_37..._City_of_Truro

<image snipped>

Cheers, Ken
    Wow for an elderly engine it certainly did get about the place and have adventures during the BR era. I knew it did see some use, but not as much as that much! Thanks for posting the link to the Wiki page Ken.

A really nice screenshot at #3867 too.

A fairly usual kind of day at Hopewood on Sea.