Page 207 of 215 FirstFirst ... 107157197205206207208209 ... LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,105 of 3218

Thread: UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

re post # 3089 borderreiver
    Thompson coaches I must say, look very, very nice.

Cheers, evilcrow

Snow! That's a great screenshot evilcrow. I have weakness for Winter routes with snow, - which is strange since where I live we don't get snow in Winter except for an occasional very light dusting on the highest hills.
    Narcolepsy is not napping.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanker46 View Post
    Impressive locomotive Annie! I don't think I've ever seen a UK engine like that! Also nice choice on the name - it's the same as mine!
    Since it was the first Uk 4-4-0 I'm sure people in the 1860s found the Bouch 4-4-0s a bit unusual too Tanker.
    They are really nice engines, but with my interests lying in the south with the GER and GWR, - and the LSWR, - I don't really get much of a chance to run them.

Re post #3092 KotangaGirl
    Thanks for the compliment Annie and snow does seem to be a thing of the past I'm afraid.

Cheers, evilcrow

Cheers, evilcrow

#3095, - another winner evilcrow. Trains in lonely landscapes is evocative enough, but in Winter as well, - priceless.

Lickney Incline by TLBlade for TC3. A really nice older route with the trackwork and station layouts done as closely as the route creator could manage to the prototype. The two miles of Lickey bank is modelled in all its glory along with Bromsgrove and Blackwell stations. All I've done is change the track, as well as some trees and hedges.
    The route has loops at each end as well as portal tracks and one of the uphill loops has a coal unloader and one of the downhill loops has a coal loader so much fun with working coal trains up and down Lickey can be experienced.

As far as I know the ex-LMS Garratts never worked over Lickey, but since I own several I used one on the first test run. Forty five wagons and a brake van formed the test train which is about the same as the coal train length I use as standard on Middle Vales.

Blog Entries

No, but the ex-LNER Garratt was tried out as a banker but it was found that the long distance from cab to front made closing up on the train a risky business so it was abandoned in favour of a gaggle of ex-GWR panniers.
    John,
    (A bear of little brain)

Thanks Annie for the compliment.
    Your Lickey Incline mod is looking good. You could try a modding a 9f with a suitable headlamp to give 92079 as a banker.

Cheers, evilcrow

No, but the ex-LNER Garratt was tried out as a banker but it was found that the long distance from cab to front made closing up on the train a risky business so it was abandoned in favour of a gaggle of ex-GWR panniers.
    I have been resisting buying a LNER Garratt John. As it is with the four LMS Garratts that I've got I end up running them in places where they never worked so I don't really want another huge orphan engine on the books. The problem is they sound so wonderful when they're working coal trains I end up using them when I shouldn't.
    I can see how it would have been a problem though when using a Garratt as a banker with it being such a long distance from the cab to the front buffer beam. It would have been difficult for a driver to judge how close he was to the rear of the train he was supposed to be banking so he could close up the distance safely.
    Last edited by KotangaGirl; September 21st, 2020 at 06:35 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by evilcrow View Post
    Thanks Annie for the compliment.
    Your Lickey Incline mod is looking good. You could try a modding a 9f with a suitable headlamp to give 92079 as a banker.

Cheers, evilcrow
    More lovely snow screenshots!

Believe me when I say my Garratts don't need any further encouragement from a banker since they are a bit more overpowered than they should be to start with.
    The LMS Garratts never worked on Lickey and never strayed any further west than Birmingham so I was being naughty playing with one on Lickey bank. Once I've finished doing the final fix ups on the layout I'll be assigning some historically legitimate engines to work it and the Garratt can go back into my digital trainset box. My interest is in the early BR period so sorry no 9F's I'm afraid. More than likely a scruffy collection of 'Jinties' instead.

The Fowler 0-10-0 Lickey banker ("Big Bertha") is on the DLS by pcas1986.

hth,

Anthony
    Last edited by 2995Valliant; September 22nd, 2020 at 02:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 2995Valliant View Post
    The Fowler 0-10-0 Lickey banker ("Big Bertha") is on the DLS by pcas1986.

hth,

Anthony
    You are not helping my addiction with driving big steam locomotives up steep gradients Anthony; - but thank you kindly all the same

Quote Originally Posted by KotangaGirl View Post
    You are not helping my addiction with driving big steam locomotives up steep gradients Anthony; - but thank you kindly all the same
    It's a great model, totally worth using it!
    Please consider joining the British Train Sim Discord

https://discord.gg/7tDJHpw

Indeed it is Jimmy. Available in Midland, LMS and BR versions. The Midland version is going to be a bit lonely though since the only decent Midland engine available in Trainz is a late pre-grouping Compound. The Midland is worse off than the L&Y and that's saying something.

'Jinties'! I dug out my Gary Price 'Jinties' to run on the Lickey bank layout.

After talking with some of the Midland and LMS enthusiasts on RMweb I discovered that Garratts did run on Lickey (oh joy unbridled!), but the other gem of information was that loaded coal trains in general ran down Lickey bank and empties ran up (apart from some anthracite trains) ; - and not how the original layout builder had set things up. Of course it makes for a much more exciting driving experience with things the other way around which is most probably why the layout was originally built that way.

So now my LMS Garratts have a layout to call their own and I can move them all out of Middle Vales and let the Super D's have their railway back.