UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

Thanks Graham. I find myself being more drawn to the classic look these days even though I own a copy of TS2019 with all its magic lighting effects.

rMNSt6B.jpg

Thanks Graham. The Push-Pull sets handle nearly all of the local passenger services on Middle Vale which gives me an excuse to have the 5ft 3in ex-LNWR 2-4-2T's on the line since that was very much their job in their final years. Four coaches would normally only be used on high market days as two or three coaches is the more usual thing in the Vale.
The push-pull coaches are older models, but I like them.

That is one word for it! So far I have expended something like eighty hours on importing assets and tweaking them. I was quite surprised at how many assets were missing when I brought stuff over. Some of them have been replaced, others have been culled. Some "features" to be sorted too. Still wrestling with environmental settings, particularly on my NW Durham route. On Ullapool I am trying to figure out how there seems to be a massive "cloud" or at least a shadow over wherever I try to edit.

Getting the lighting effects right can certainly be a struggle. I had the sun almost coloured black when I took this screenshot on the Cornish Mainline and yet I've imported some old routes and the lighting has been fine without doing anything at all. It's certainly a mystery alright.

NtrFjtu.jpg

That is one word for it! So far I have expended something like eighty hours on importing assets and tweaking them. I was quite surprised at how many assets were missing when I brought stuff over. Some of them have been replaced, others have been culled. Some "features" to be sorted too. Still wrestling with environmental settings, particularly on my NW Durham route. On Ullapool I am trying to figure out how there seems to be a massive "cloud" or at least a shadow over wherever I try to edit.

The shadow might be this problem?

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?153814-A-big-cloud-hanging-over-the-scene!

Thanks for the heads-up euromodeller.
A grubby and neglected J27 with a short bogie bolster consist heading north for Low Fell mid-1950s.

I was looking at your point rodding in your second screenshot Frank and having a 'Wow!' moment. I could never get any point rodding on any of my layouts to look like that.

Middle Vale again. I really like this route because the railway doesn't dominate the landscape.

n6G0guS.jpg

FbZhTYW.jpg

[FONT=&quot]On my version of the 1890's Minehead Branch converted to SG. Climbing the incredibly steep hill up to Crowcombe. Cramptons can't climb hills for toffee.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Thanks Graham. I always run that layout using the 'realistic' steam controls and it came home to me very quickly that I was well out of practice. The Crampton is a tricky engine to drive at the best of times and even with a Manning Wardle 0-6-0 well tank acting as banker I only just made it into Crowcombe.

There are some fascinating historical screenshots on here of late. Some not-so-historical ones from Dearnby& District v2 and session below. The one of the rescued diesel is one for Annie as I know how much she loves them.

SWrwLWR.jpg
[/IMG]
fUDaK1T.jpg
[/IMG]
FEYb4UK.jpg
[/IMG]
Z96baOh.jpg
[/IMG]
u5dy1kJ.jpg
[/IMG]
VRiYZ3H.jpg
[/IMG]

Lovely shots, specially that nice Class 117 DMU :p

Showing great atmosphere and busy action, a gem of a route/session!

Great improvements over an already excellent route.

Well done!

Excellent screenshots Neville. The Dearnby & District routes are real classics and a true lesson in how to build a Uk layout.
Yes I had a good smile at the screenshot of the rescued diesel. It's important for diesels to know their place
:hehe:

Post #2155 - Excellent Screenshots KotangaGirl! It's so good to see you up and about again! :) I hope you're feeling better!

Post #2158 - Dearnby looks fantastic Neville! :) I really look forward to reopening it and running operations again on it. I am almost finished with the new B4s, the E2s and the USA Tanks, so the Docks at Dearnby on Sea might have some new shunters to occupy it! ;)

Been a while since I posted on here. My wife and I just discovered we are expecting our first child next May so I have been a bit occupied. I did want to share a few screenshots of a route I was working on set towards the end of steam.

kwKjbZ5.jpg
[/IMG]

August 4th, 1961 - Operations on the Wolfmeadow Branch have slowly started grinding to a halt. The Beeching Axe hangs dangerously over the branch line and the number of the long distance trains are being gradually cut back. SR U Class No.31800 is departing with the morning run to Bournemouth and has been given the right of way while BR Standard 4 No. 76055 waits with a long rake of mineral wagons bound for the same location.

vD7e4KI.jpg
[/IMG]

As the morning train departs the dock station, it passes the iron ore field where ex-LSWR G6 Class No. 30277 is filling up some mineral wagons in transit for the docks. The stalwart little tank engine has been employed by the branch since the war years, but as the end of steam draws closer - its fate remains uncertain. As No. 30277 manages a van train around the yard later on, it passes an Ex-SECR R1 Class that has been left derelict on a siding echoing a fate that may soon befall it....

3G4xH72.jpg
[/IMG]

Tanker46

Nice to see you back too Tanker. Your G6 is looking very nice and has come along very well from the beta model you gave to me some time ago.

Back