UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

Cornwall Railway WIP. Trains of 6 wheelers are very good for track testing after doing track levelling and realignment.

itR0wGx.jpg

Some good shots there of Riccarton Junction, as well as that last one of Saughtree Station on the Border Counties Railway. Believe it or not there is some track in place at Saughtree as it a private residence and the owner wanted some track laid. I think that there's a couple of wagons in the station.

Nice shots - glad to see you are enjoying Riccarton Junction. If you visit Saughtree, it is now a B&B, and the wagons Frank mentions don’t run, but the Waverley Route heritage centre is not far up the road at Whitrope siding ( the northern limit of the layout)
Best wishes
Ian

What a wonderfully bare and lonely landscape. Great screenshots Norm.

I thought it might be Riccarton Junction, but Frank and Ian have confirmed it so my memory is still working somewhere inside my head.

Thanks you all for your effusive praise. Yes it is indeed Riccorton Junction. I was thrashing about looking for some setting to show off my newest acquisitions from GP Locomotives and something drew my attention to this very fine route.

Suggestions for a suitable set of passenger cars to go with either Gary's BR early crest or his GWR roundel logo locomotives would be appreciated.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Last edited:
Oh wow! Excellent shots normhart! :) Riccorton Junction looks fantastic and I think your new GP locomotives are looking grand as well! :)

In regards to your question about coaches, may I suggest the GWR Collett Series that was made by Andi06? They come scripted with several different liveries to choose from and include ones for both GWR and BR Service. Being a BR enthusiast myself I tend to prefer the Blood and Custard ones since they are so unique.

lebV0pJ.jpg
[/IMG]

Also, skipper1945's Collett third and third brake are great for GWR themed routes. I'm not sure if that is useful but I hope it helps! :)

vnyfZZL.jpg
[/IMG]

Tanker46

Last edited:
Just as well you could answer Norm's question Tanker, - the only GWR coaches I know about are pre-grouping ones.

Something different, - S&DJR. The layout is SDJR Branchline from the DLS converted over to TS2012. Might even see how it looks in TS2019.

t9IRZxI.jpg

4DEpUZn.jpg

iCdgW52.jpg

t9IRZxI.jpg

Lovely consist KotangaGirl! I must admit that I'm quite excited by your Broad Gauge Cornwall Railway route, do you think it might be released someday?

Thank you Tanker46 for your suggestions. Andi06's GWR Collett Series would seem to be perfect for the GWR roundel locomotives as the 1934 livery has roundel crests.
While the crimson and cream BR livery is lovely and I shall certainly be using them, I note that they have the later crest on them so if anyone knows of earlier coaches... :)

As far as I can tell neither of these railways would have actually run through Riccorton Junction but it does make a very picturesque setting for screenies.

:D

Last edited:
I think we all understood the reason for the borrowed landscape Norm. Riccarton Junction certainly does make a great background for your screenshots.

There's still months of work to be done with my Broad Gauge Cornwall Railway route Norm, but once it's done and if I think it's good enough I'll see about uploading it to the DLS. Essentially it's Bob Cooper's 1930s Truro to Falmouth route only all I'm really making use of is the landscape since nearly everything was different in the 1880s.

Only months!?!? :D I've got that route and, given it's detail, I'm surprised we are only talking months. I'll happily wait a year or two. :D

In some ways it's a simpler proposition Norm since the landscape was much more rural and open with less tree cover and the towns were much smaller. It's the research and hunting out old photos that takes up a lot of time. Trackwork layouts were very different at the stations and Truro station and yard in particular is totally different to what was there in the 1930s. And then there are the ten Brunel timber viaducts to install; - I'm presently at seven almost completed. And so it goes. 19th century 25 inch to the mile OS maps have been absolutely invaluable to my project since they show everything that was on the ground back then, - including the trees!
It might be done by the end of the year, or it might not. Since this is my hobby and I'm doing it for fun I'm not giving myself any kind of strict timetable.

Very nice Norm. GP Loco's Prairie looks good and very much at home.

I've been known to bend history from time to time and run De Glehn Compounds into Penzance.

TF0XCP4.jpg

The Cornish shots look great from both of you. I’m assuming this is in TRS19 - I think the colour and ambience looks so much better on this lovely route in 19. I really think it was worth all the early pain to get to grips with the settings, and we’re now starting to see some benefits.
Annie, will your Broad Gauge version be in 19? I hope so.
Best wishes
Ian

Thanks Ian. With Bob Cooper's Cornish mainline route I have the sun set to almost being black and the ambient colour to a slight shade of green (yes really). Seems to work well and it certainly got rid of the sun's just gone supernova look that TS2019 tends to have.

With my WIP Broad Gauge route I'm presently building it in TS2012, but should I decide to upload it to the DLS I will do a TS2019 version as well.

Back