Page 159 of 163 FirstFirst ... 59109149157158159160161 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,385 of 2433

Thread: UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

Quote Originally Posted by 2995Valliant View Post
    I see a shadow from the train, and one from a tree lineside.

I must be easily pleased: I hear all these non-specific, un-quantified complaints about how terrible TRS2019 is (just as with previous versions right back to 2006) and yet I'm really happy with it, but then I see only one sun.
    I'm happy if my trainset runs nicely and looks the way I want. I actually like TS2019; - if I didn't like it I wouldn't have spent a lot of time on getting my favourite legacy routes to work and look good in TS2019. It's all the built in stuff and payware that I don't care much about. I ran TS2009 for ages so I'm still at the 'Wow! look shadows.' stage of things with TS2019. Whether they all point in the same direction or not is a very minor detail.

Last edited by KotangaGirl; January 20th, 2020 at 04:37 AM. Reason: added a picture
    Narcolepsy is not napping.

I must be easily pleased: I hear all these non-specific, un-quantified complaints about how terrible TRS2019 is (just as with previous versions right back to 2006) and yet I'm really happy with it, but then I see only one sun.
    I well remember everyone on here saying how absolutely TERRIBLE TRS2006 was, without fear of contradiction! And how TRS2004 was the best ever! (and no doubt still is for some people.) Anyway, great pic of Minehead - looks like you're still doing some work on the old WSR route then?

Paul

Hawthorne 0-6-0 in charge of a mineral train on the Eastlingwold & Great Mulling on my Norfolk layout.

Driving my mid 19th century engines using the steam controls on the TS2004 Turks Castle Minehead route is always a good cheer up for me. This is my standard gauge version with minimal upgrading to run in the Classic tinware version of TS2019 SP1. I did try out procedural track on this layout, but it looked like some bad plastic trainset track from the 1980s so I went for scruffy old legacy UK Bullhead track instead which does actually look like proper steam era track.

The big (for its time) SER Crampton is superb to drive on this route and for a legacy model dating from TS2006 it does look very nice in SP1. I actually own clean versions of this engines as well, but this mucky one is my favourite. Excellent to drive using the steam controls and of course with this being the 1860's no continuous brakes so no cheating with using the train brake control.

I see the Crampton's young driver has his strange girlfriend from the future on the footplate again in defiance of company regulations, but she can shovel coal really well by all accounts so the running shed foreman turns a blind eye.

Last edited by KotangaGirl; January 25th, 2020 at 11:49 AM. Reason: spelling

Absolutely charming!

And the route/loco/coaches are quite nice too
    Graham,

A member of TCWW

Thanks Graham. Test run in TS2009 3.3. I dug out my old TS2009 install that I'd archived away.

Default South Pelaw Colliery Exchange Sidings

Nice tramway shot.
    I have been doing further work on my NW Durham route at South Pelaw Colliery after looking at some six inches to the mile old maps held online.
    The exchange sidings are expanded.

Here, an industrial 0-6-0ST of Consett Iron Company's "A" Class, built by Kitson circa 1879 is preparing to shunt the recently arrived empties.

Default 1920 - South Pelaw Colliery - Sepia Finish

Sepia and platinum versions of the above screenshot.
    Technically, sepia fell out of use during the 1890s and the expensive platinum process lasted between 1873 and 1920.

The sepia and in particular the platinum process version of your screenshot look very convincingly like old photos from a past era Frank.
    The NLS on-line OS map resource is a very useful aid to researching steam era railways. The only trouble is I find I can waste hours pouring over those amazing old maps.

Hello Annie, I am also no stranger to time flying by when poring over the National Library of Scotland online maps.

Very Nice Borderreiver! I never get tired of the amazing tinkering you do with your screenshot filters! I had no idea about the usage of platinum photography until you mentioned it today! And your little Kitson A Class looks as busy as ever! Paul really does some good work with locomotives!

Speaking of PaulzTrainz, after another look at the BR Loco Database I purchased a few more locomotives from him myself - just in time for a stroll down the GCR in TS19!

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    Tanker46

Member of TCWW

The GCR route is a favourite of mine too Tanker, but I'm never certain whether the bare patches are where Peter hasn't finished it yet, or if they are due to missing dependencies.

More Winter tramway in TS2009 3.3.

Thanks Annie! I am not sure myself! I know that GCR V15 has well over 2000 dependencies and my poor laptop has to download them in small amounts!

It's hard to believe that your Winter Tramway is in 2009! I haven't touched my own copy of that game for such a long time.. Might need to fire it up and see if there is anything interesting I left on there!

Speaking of your routes, you displayed screenshots of your Valleyfields Route a while ago and it recently inspired me to purchase one of these fine Lancashire boys!

[IMG][/IMG]

Since there were numerous Ex-LMS engines allocated to sheds along the GCR Mainline during the Mid-BR Era, it's not a far stretch to say that one of these fine 28s found its way to Rugby Shed for a short while!

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    Tanker46

Member of TCWW

The L&Y class 28's are a nice engine and very much one of my favourites. Paul also does it in original L&Y livery too. As is usual my own BR class '28's' are a bit fettled with LMS rebuild date plates and other odd bits and pieces. Mostly the class 28's stayed on their own patch most of their working lives, but one or two were known to have strayed.

It had been a very long time since I last ran TS2009, but I was curious to see if it would run on my little Dell notebook; - and it does and very nicely too. There will no doubt be cries of protest, but after running TS2009 for a while I found myself wondering why I was bothering with the train wreck that's TS2019 when I could be having fun in TS2009.

I see a shadow from the train, and one from a tree lineside.

as much as I hate to comment on an old screenshot I’m still wondering about the crane in the shot, like if it's a recently-created model or if I’m missing something,