Page 186 of 194 FirstFirst ... 86136176184185186187188 ... LastLast
Results 2,776 to 2,790 of 2908

Thread: UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

Attempt no. 1 of point rodding, i'll leave it to the pros to tell me if its a yay or nay lol

Surveyor took a back seat tonight for me to enjoy the WIP route...

Engine sheds busy sorting locos out for workings

Local service nearly at Dacre

Couple of shots while taking the coal up to Fellbeck Quarry

Stone train crossing the Wath Viaduct

Waiting just down from the quarry for the local to pass. If you're not careful here you can very easily get a runaway down the 2.5%. 400 tons of stone does not stop easily

Local passing Wath halt.

EDIT; the 3f is the banker that is sometimes needed for the coal train to reach the quarry. Not always but it can be handy for those not experienced on the route. Can confirm that another player can bank a train while uncoupled which will give some great gameplay for this route
    Last edited by HotshotJimmy; July 2nd, 2020 at 06:59 PM.

Excellent screenshots Hotshot. As to the point rodding it looks very neatly done. I tried laying point rodding on my own routes and it was a frustrating disaster so now I don't do it anymore.
    Narcolepsy is not napping.

Much appreciated Kotanga. If the wiring existed for the signals I'd be doing that but I can't find any on the DLS.

A couple of shots from my WIP Malton & Driffield route. First , Wharram station looking south with the quarry and chalk silo in the distance.

Wharram Station Trainz2019 2020.07.03 by , on Flickr

The chalk silo. It has/an external staircase but I have only found 2 suitable staircases on the DLS and they are not suitable so the search goes on.

Wharram Chalk Silo Trainz2019 2020.07.03 on Flickr

The silo still exists , submerged in vegetation. https://neolithicsea.co.uk/wharramquarry/index.html
    MSI Gaming 9 ACK mobo-Intel i7 5960X-Samsung 970 Evo Pro 240GB M2 SSD-Nvidia RTX 2070 GPU-32GB G.Skill Ripjaws 2133Mhz DDR4 RAM

Quote Originally Posted by HotshotJimmy View Post
    Much appreciated Kotanga. If the wiring existed for the signals I'd be doing that but I can't find any on the DLS.
    <kuid2:72730:24381:2> Stelldraht 1x

<kuid2:72730:24382:2> Stelldraht 2x

<kuid2:72730:24383:2> Stelldraht 3x all by gerd.

I don't know how useful they might be, but they are the only signal wires I know of on the DLS.

Edit: Searching on the DLS for 'Stelldraht' turned up all kinds of signal wire hardware, but I don't know if they will be what you are looking for.
    Last edited by KotangaGirl; July 3rd, 2020 at 06:09 AM. Reason: more to say
    Narcolepsy is not napping.

Didn't even consider european stuff. Right i'll fire up the PC and take a look. Point rodding going to and from signals just bugs me so it needs work me thinks. Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by Tanker46 View Post
    Just a few pics of the Umneth Dockyards on the Welney & Umneth Tramway.
    Is that the updated version of the Route Tanker....or the original?

lewisner, HotshotJimmy: nice screenshots of Nidd Valley and Malton / Driffield. Those routes are looking very promising.
    Point rodding and cabling is a fiddle to add but I think, even if it's not 100 per cent accurately detailed it all adds greatly to the lineside realism. When it comes to the multifarious connections going into signal boxes you can save a lot of time by concealing them in strategically placed barrow crossings (as was often the case in reality).
    Member of trainz-carriage-wagon-works

Quote Originally Posted by neville_hill View Post
    lewisner, HotshotJimmy: nice screenshots of Nidd Valley and Malton / Driffield. Those routes are looking very promising.
    Point rodding and cabling is a fiddle to add but I think, even if it's not 100 per cent accurately detailed it all adds greatly to the lineside realism. When it comes to the multifarious connections going into signal boxes you can save a lot of time by concealing them in strategically placed barrow crossings (as was often the case in reality).
    I finally found a staircase for the silo by luck as I remembered I used a staircase spline called "Stairs-Flex" at one of my stations and it worked a treat ! For some it isn't on the DLS any more - I downloaded it about 10 years ago.

Wharram Chalk Silo (2) Trainz 2019 2020.07.03 by A1 Northeastern, on Flickr
    MSI Gaming 9 ACK mobo-Intel i7 5960X-Samsung 970 Evo Pro 240GB M2 SSD-Nvidia RTX 2070 GPU-32GB G.Skill Ripjaws 2133Mhz DDR4 RAM

Hi Claud!

As far as I know this is the version that was uploaded to the DLS. If there was an update I wasn't aware of it.

I tweaked it a bit to remove the GWR stock and replace it with Ex-GER/Ex-LNER stock to better fit the route. Most of it is Payware or other older content but the roster is pretty simple:

LNER Y3 Class

LNER Y7 Class

LNER Y8 Class

LNER J69 Class

LNER J70 Class

Really Paulhobbs and Cmburgess's content is a godsend for this route..

I was working on a model of the LNER Z5 Class but it has a lot of bugs I need to work through. Luckily Camscott has been giving me some pointers for when I finally get around to working on it. Don't know when since I am working on the Brighton Route Project though!
    Tanker46

Member of TCWW - Developer of the Brighton Project

Cheers Neville. This isn't actually Nidd Valley, this is my route I made up called the Wathdale and Fellbeck railway. Not real at all. Until I learn more about TransDEM the Nidd ones on hold. I have some books ordered for later this year that'll come to help with that but for now this route is my first proper T:ANE route. The rest have been modified 2004 ones.

Back story for the route is its an old Victorian railway that began with the single line from the quarry to the town. The L&Y worked it and from there the LMS built on it to what we see in about 1930s.

So quick question before some more screenies tonight. Do I;

A. Continue with the current point rodding AND using it to attach to signals
    B. Change it to only being attached to points
    C. Use Kotanga's find for signal wiring although i'm not really liking the fact its nothing like the stock of the period.

3 shots of A3 Trigo working a return excursion from Bridlington to Edinburgh via the Malton and Driffield in 1957.
    1) Passing Burdale station

A3 Trigo at Burdale Station 2020.07.03 by A1 Northeastern, on Flickr

2) Leaving the north portal of Burdale Tunnel.

A3 Trigo at Burdale Tunnel North Portal 2020.07.03 by A1 Northeastern, on Flickr

3) Passing Wharram station.

A3 Trigo at Wharram Station 2020.07.03 by A1 Northeastern, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Tanker46 View Post
    Hi Claud!

As far as I know this is the version that was uploaded to the DLS. If there was an update I wasn't aware of it.

I tweaked it a bit to remove the GWR stock and replace it with Ex-GER/Ex-LNER stock to better fit the route. Most of it is Payware or other older content but the roster is pretty simple:
    The original route wasn't uploaded with GWR stock. I gave permission for an updated version to be uploaded so I guess this was it.

Quote Originally Posted by lewisner View Post
    I finally found a staircase for the silo.....
    Nice looking route Lewisner. Do you have a name/KUID for that Silo by any chance please?

It would be useful on a number of my current routes.