UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

Thanks Graham. K&SER in Winter by angelah is an old favourite of mine. It was no trouble at all to transfer it over to TS2019 and all I had to change were most of the Winter trees and I also changed the ancient TS2004 track for Winter procedural track.
Where I live in the Waikato we might see the smallest dusting of snow on the highest hills, but it only lasts for barely an hour before the sun melts it. Rain and damp river mists are our usual Winter fare here.

I just tried downloading K&SER from the DLS and it seems to have loads of problems not least of which is the terrain is way lower than the assets inc the track splines, any idea what I’m doing wrong?

I did a lot of work on angelah's K&ESR layout to sort it out to look nice in TS2019. It's an old TS2004 route and I think Angela's eyesight was starting to fail when she put it together so there's a whole lot of things that need adjusting and generally tidying up. The trees and track need changing, but that wasn't so difficult. I must've worked on the layout pretty solidly for a week to get it how it is now and I certainly think it was worth it.

dvxSD5Q.jpg

A nice wintery UK scene but I doubt we'll see that here in the UK this year - too mild and wet! On further examination of your pic one must assume that there are two suns in that planetary system; shadows are being cast to both left and right! Must be due to one of the many N3V cock ups!

Good shot nevertheless.

Rob.

Last edited:
The shadow thing doesn't surprise me Rob. Nothing surprises me me anymore when it comes to TS2019. Fortunately the SP1 'update' didn't hurt any of the legacy routes I'd upgraded myself for TS2019 which was all I was worried about.

I see a shadow from the train, and one from a tree lineside.

I must be easily pleased: I hear all these non-specific, un-quantified complaints about how terrible TRS2019 is (just as with previous versions right back to 2006) and yet I'm really happy with it, but then I see only one sun.

49411629592_34f0a2e7d8_k.jpg

Last edited:

I must be easily pleased: I hear all these non-specific, un-quantified complaints about how terrible TRS2019 is (just as with previous versions right back to 2006) and yet I'm really happy with it, but then I see only one sun.

49411629592_34f0a2e7d8_k.jpg

not bad but due to confusion I must ask: is that a new version of your old Colas crane or is this an older screenshot you reposted?

I'm happy if my trainset runs nicely and looks the way I want. I actually like TS2019; - if I didn't like it I wouldn't have spent a lot of time on getting my favourite legacy routes to work and look good in TS2019. It's all the built in stuff and payware that I don't care much about. I ran TS2009 for ages so I'm still at the 'Wow! look shadows.' stage of things with TS2019. Whether they all point in the same direction or not is a very minor detail.

v1AZcUj.jpg

Last edited:

:hehe: I well remember everyone on here saying how absolutely TERRIBLE TRS2006 was, without fear of contradiction! And how TRS2004 was the best ever! (and no doubt still is for some people.) Anyway, great pic of Minehead - looks like you're still doing some work on the old WSR route then?

Paul

Driving my mid 19th century engines using the steam controls on the TS2004 Turks Castle Minehead route is always a good cheer up for me. This is my standard gauge version with minimal upgrading to run in the Classic tinware version of TS2019 SP1. I did try out procedural track on this layout, but it looked like some bad plastic trainset track from the 1980s so I went for scruffy old legacy UK Bullhead track instead which does actually look like proper steam era track.

The big (for its time) SER Crampton is superb to drive on this route and for a legacy model dating from TS2006 it does look very nice in SP1. I actually own clean versions of this engines as well, but this mucky one is my favourite. Excellent to drive using the steam controls and of course with this being the 1860's no continuous brakes so no cheating with using the train brake control.

I see the Crampton's young driver has his strange girlfriend from the future on the footplate again in defiance of company regulations, but she can shovel coal really well by all accounts so the running shed foreman turns a blind eye.

pDg0tTV.jpg

YgezBpK.jpg

VIkGbgg.jpg

Dbdv2SX.jpg

XomYuT2.jpg

DPVvDl1.jpg

aMnWKDX.jpg

Last edited:
South Pelaw Colliery Exchange Sidings

Nice tramway shot.
I have been doing further work on my NW Durham route at South Pelaw Colliery after looking at some six inches to the mile old maps held online.
The exchange sidings are expanded.

Here, an industrial 0-6-0ST of Consett Iron Company's "A" Class, built by Kitson circa 1879 is preparing to shunt the recently arrived empties.

1920 - South Pelaw Colliery - Sepia Finish

Sepia and platinum versions of the above screenshot.
Technically, sepia fell out of use during the 1890s and the expensive platinum process lasted between 1873 and 1920.

The sepia and in particular the platinum process version of your screenshot look very convincingly like old photos from a past era Frank.
The NLS on-line OS map resource is a very useful aid to researching steam era railways. The only trouble is I find I can waste hours pouring over those amazing old maps.

Very Nice Borderreiver! I never get tired of the amazing tinkering you do with your screenshot filters! I had no idea about the usage of platinum photography until you mentioned it today! And your little Kitson A Class looks as busy as ever! Paul really does some good work with locomotives! :)

Speaking of PaulzTrainz, after another look at the BR Loco Database I purchased a few more locomotives from him myself - just in time for a stroll down the GCR in TS19! :)

slS7LTP.jpg
[/IMG]

RejwDk1.jpg
[/IMG]

gy80hgY.jpg
[/IMG]

T8lB8PB.jpg
[/IMG]

FFICO2Z.jpg
[/IMG]

The GCR route is a favourite of mine too Tanker, but I'm never certain whether the bare patches are where Peter hasn't finished it yet, or if they are due to missing dependencies.

More Winter tramway in TS2009 3.3.

lAwlJFx.jpg

Back