UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

Some images from Evilcrow's marvellous Scotland Somewhere (TRS19):

UQ8detY.jpg
[/IMG]
Fhpx4bZ.jpg
[/IMG]
fn2Rr6Q.jpg
[/IMG]

#2423 Really great screenshots there neville_hill. Evilcrow's Scotland Somewhere layout is a real classic and is brilliantly detailed.

Some snaps taken at Moxbury on my Norfolk layout. Changing the platforms at Moxbury for a pre-grouping version without the white line at the edge of the platform is a job still waiting to be done.

wh5i1V7.jpg

V0LupfO.jpg

oHOAbgE.jpg

lpYUX7W.jpg

QxwQLvT.jpg

KNyMwGu.jpg

Last edited:
Re last few posts on my route "aKP Somewhere Scotland 1948-1964 kuid2:255503:105919:2 4v5", thank you all for your kind words and the screenshots.
I have recently changed to a new computer due to support ending for Windows 7 and find that Windows 10 must be the most frustrating and vile operating system ever.
Getting an internet connection is a nightmare. I'll get there in the end.
Excellent screenshots of late, they have kept me sane, that is when I can get on the Forum.
Nice on of the cat, Annie.

Cheers, Ken (aka evilcrow)

Thanks Ken, the station cat is an important member of the staff at Moxbury.

Having just changed over to a new (ex-lease) Win 10 computer from my perfectly fine and well running Win 7 computer I can very much sympathise. I don't like Win 10 with all it's pop up garbage and apps aimed at the goldfish memory shallow minded modern generation. Things just seem harder to use and less intuitive than they were in Win 7. I've already installed Open Shell to give me back a Win 7 desktop and I'll be investigating further ways in which I can cut more junk out of it.

That certainly is an impressive screenshot at #2431 Paul.

#2432. Nice to see coaches in 'blood and custard' Neville. Reminds me that I haven't done anything with my own early BR layout for far too long.

True enough Frank. Because I like shunting all the goods yards on my layout have their quirks. None of them are impossible to shunt it's just that a bit of thinking is involved in order to deal with the shunting problem at hand. No. 04 had just brought through a train of wagons of casting sand from the Grimwold branch so there was some sorting out and running around involved as well as the usual brake van swap to the other end of the train to do before the train could be taken down the goods only branch to Cobblin.

Eastlingwold & Great Mulling Railway No.8 approaching Bluebell Woods with a south bound passenger train on my (imaginary) Norfolk layout. I've considered moving this layout over from TS2012 to either TANE or TS2019 and then ran away screaming and hid under my bed. It would be a mammoth task with all the custom bits and bobs I made for it over time, the legacy assets and assets from long gone third party websites.

MSEnCe0.jpg

I have just commissioned some N.E.R. 2 x 10 Ton Diagram D5T Twin Bolsters. Taking them out for a run on the ECML. I now have 8 Ton Diagram D1 Single Bolsters, 2 x 10 Ton Diagram D5T Twin Bolsters, and 8 Ton Diagram D1 Single Bolsters (running as three-sets and as spacer wagons) to complement the bogie bolsters I already had. There were 550 twin bolsters on the N.E.R. stock census of December 1922 and 285 of them survived to nationalisation in January 1948.

Good to see you are still publishing on this thread KotangaGirl, thanks. Peter

Thanks Peter. I'll certainly keep on posting here and perhaps later on I might think about doing the competition thing again.

#2440. Twin bolsters are a useful wagon type to have. I have twin and single GER bolster wagons by Ed Heaps on my Norfolk layout and they feature a lot in goods trains. I purchased a NER single bolster a while ago from Paul and I always wondered why he hadn't done a twin bolster as well.

Last edited:
Yes Annie, the twin bolster should be useful with a 20 Ton capacity across the two wagons. I am debating about which wagon type to commission next. The leading contenders are the N.E.R. 10 Ton Fish van and the N.E.R. 10 Ton Refrigerated van.

Back