UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

Nice shots Ken. The sharp of eye might notice a 2' gauge line above Lewisner's Lime Kilns (thanks again for the inspiration ;) ), apologies in advance to all NG fans, but it's a visual prop only, it simply disappears into the trees. A second length of track in the quarry below suggests it might loop round and down, but it doesn't.....

Andy ;)

I popped in for a couple of minutes, after Re Painting our house, Doors and all the Trim. It was truly relaxing seeing some very natural looking Pictures shown in the last few days.......:sleep:

This is the best medicine for Blue..........What a wonderful collection of Artistry here......:p

Wishing all Peace and good health ahead of Memorial Holiday Weekend for those who fought so valiantly for our Freedoms we have today.:)

A2 class 60534 Irish Elegance works a lengthy excursion train north past Lime Cottages at North Grimston Quarry. One of the two cottages was inhabited by John Staples the quarry foreman and later by wife until she died in 1950 after which it presumably became uninhabited.

Irish Elegance at North Grimston Quarry 27.5.22 by A1 Northeastern, on Flickr

By the time I visited the cottage in 1978 it was in a sorry state and is now a complete ruin.

North Grimston Quarry Cottage 20.5.78 by A1 Northeastern, on Flickr

Last edited:
More great shots Malc, but that long shot over the water - wow!!

In the third from last - is that a case of procedural track with the wobblies, or am I missing something??

Andy ;)

What absolutely amazing screenshots Malc. Your L&B project is really something.

Three snaps I took on Andy's seriously good Dintdale Road route.
Pecketts on test at Ravenscraig mine. I haven't fixed the steam and smoke animations as yet, but it's on the list.

ierOy7m.jpg

gywJHS7.jpg

OguVbit.jpg

More great shots Malc, but that long shot over the water - wow!!

In the third from last - is that a case of procedural track with the wobblies, or am I missing something??

Andy ;)

Annoying TRS19 bug when taking screenshots with print screen key in fact all the splines vanish when the screenshot is taken then reappear, doesn't happen in TRS22 plus, however if you paste it from the clipboard into a graphics app the screenshot is fine, very odd!

Last edited:
Annoying TRS19 bug when taking screenshots with print screen key in fact all the splines vanish when the screenshot is taken then reappear, doesn't happen in TRS22 plus, however if you paste it from the clipboard into a graphics app the screenshot is fine, very odd!

When I use PrtScn on Windows 10 a lot of stuff disappears briefly when I press the key but still shows on the screenshot. I wondered why the point blades were missing on your (lovely) photos.

I've noticed several types of level crossings here and I thought this tip may be useful. In my search for the best looking level crossing I found " QR NG Gate Crossing Dual Track 90 " which looks superb but it is a) Narrow Gauge and b) has a bilious orange concrete surface. To my surprise I found that if I attach standard gauge track to it, the outer rails define the spacing so it has the correct spacing in the "six foot" between the tracks. But there was still the problem of the road surface so I laid strips of "SAM Wooden Path 04" over it to simulate the road surface. But now the rails were invisible so I laid two sections of Rails Only over the real track, higher but not attached to it, then clipped check rails to the rails to finish it off. It's a bit fiddly but I think the effect is worth it ?

Driffield Level Crossing by A1 Northeastern, on Flickr

Last edited:
re post #5551 clam1952
Pin sharp phots, superb looking route.
re post #5553 KotangaGirl
Good to see the Peckets, Annie.
re post #5556 Lewisner.
Thanks for the tip, must have a look at that.

Dintdale Road

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Cheers, Ken

Nice work with that level crossing lewisner.

'Dintdale Road' is going to be a classic route and a popular download. Just my completely unbiased opinion.
That's a fine looking screenshot Ken.

Me being me I'm all over the branchlines on 'Dintdale Road' with my smokey and steamy Pecketts and a wide variety of ex-NER 0-6-0s.
oIATJxt.jpg

Excellent shots as always all!

One from me; Furzebrook, as seen from the road. Wareham is down the line to our left, and Swanage to the right.
Ul56C54.jpg

Cheers,

PLP

A lot of goodly stuff of late on this thread.

WIP aKP (Appalachian Right of Way) BR ScR

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Cheers, evilcrow.

Ken played around with the signal box, reskinned it, added seasonal and converted it to Mesh table in 4.6 from lm.txt. The original uses an alpha channel for the windows however what works in TANE doesn't work as well in TS19 or TS22. It needed a different alpha channel. The screenshot above shows the more opaque windows that TS22 gives with the original alpha channel.

I played using lots of input from Ken and the original NER Type 3 3A signal box V2 Seasonal V2 enhanced scenery 4v6 or kuid2:86627:100278:2 should be available within 24 hours. Ken's version with the later name plates should be available shortly.

This is the first time I've used mesh-table. Before TS22 you didn't have a lot of control on when it shifted LODs. If you have time please take a look at it and give any relevant feedback.

I should mention getting snow to appear on the roof involves environment settings and setting the snow line. Possibly not for the faint hearted.

Thanks John

Nicely done, Mr. Clam. I've never been there, but I imagine you captured the atmosphere pretty well. Love the old buildings scenes with the hills in the background.

Back