UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

Stunning pictures Epo. Absolutely brilliant.

From the not so stunning department here's a snap of the Eastlingwold & Great Mulling Railway's elderly goods engine at a pause in the goods yard at Barrow Hills.

SshG1yg.jpg

Great screenshots everyone!

Now for the less impressive TRS2019 lighting...

An ex-LMS Fowler 4P passing a ex-LMS 3F at one of the signal boxes...
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Post #1929 - Amazing Shots Graham! Those V2's look exceptional as they get ready for the new day's work! :)

Post #1926 & #1928 - Breathtaking as always Evilcrow! I see you pulled out the G5 for some mixed workings! Gotta say the bridge and tunnel portals have some pretty spectacular detail!

A little more MSJWR -

ZUreikp.jpg
[/IMG]

BR 7800 Class Dinmore Manor leads an short express to Savernake in the Early June Morning. A newcomer to the Branch in the Later Years of BR, the Manor Class proves to be an excellent addition to the MSJWR Roster.

WAeTJhm.jpg

Bullied West County Class 34001 Exter races through the countryside with a Pullman Train - certainly a rare occurrence for trainspotters in the area! This Pacific is on its way to Eastleigh but was diverted up the MSWJR due to trackwork on the regular mainline. Quite an exciting coincidence!

UruwwUA.jpg

A "somewhat fictional" glimpse into the last few years on the MSJWR: Steam engines once again prove their worth when a 'modern' BR Class 37 fails near Ogbourne with a train of mineral trucks and a BR Standard 9F is sent to rescue the stricken train. As they pass Savernake, one can't help but feel sad as they pass a U-Class and a S15 Class - once vital engines on this route but now rusting quietly away in a siding..

Tanker46

So many wonderful screenshots. Well done all!

The 'Tea Urn' crossing the bridge over the salt marsh on the Windweather Tramway.

XZK8Fpq.jpg

Great screenshots everybody!

Thanks for the complement evilcrow.

But I decided to re-work one of the areas in British Midlands... boy does it ever look more BR 1950's!

New station...

Pre-war cars...

View of the new station (Jayholland's wonderful SR/BR station!) from one of the coaches...

Another view of the station from the coach... (I decided to name the town "Scottishvile Port",there's still much more buildings to come!)

A view of the station and small yard... (I need to move the canopy further into the platform...)

Another look of the station and yard,I also replaced the 8-bit quality "Modern 1990's Auran city" buildings and cars. (Thanks to Jayholland for the cars,and Masontaylor for the SBS buildings.)

New viaduct. (Another thanks to Jayholland!)

And last but not least two screenshots of the Stanier 4P with one of the new TRS2019 camera options. I thank all of the authors who made the assets I used here.

Last edited:
There's been so many great screenshots here lately. Your ScR layout is certainly looking very good evilcrow.

The 'Tea Urn', as its driver dubbed it, is a very elderly engine that still finds work to do along the Windweather Tramway because its axle loading is light enough for it to safely work over the bridges on the line. It's a fun engine to drive, - especially in 'realistic' mode. Very light on her feet the 'Tea Urn' will slip readily if the regulator and reverser aren't worked together with care and her brakes are very 19th century even though her tender uses a pre-1900s 6w brake van e.spec by azervich (no brakes on the engine itself). Just as by the way all the brake vans on my layout use azervich's e.specs and they make a considerable difference when running loose coupled goods trains.

0rbHV57.jpg

Last edited:
I feel like a first year pupil in a new school when I am reading the UK threads, so much to learn before my exams (first UK route release).
I never realised how much I didn't know about UK railway history.
I am guilty of having LMS blinkers on when I was a young trainspotter and showed no interest in other companies.
Thank you all for educating this old man, your assets and routes keep me on my toes :D

Here's a link to a 155 year old Furness Rly loco, about to steam again.
https://ribblesteam.org.uk/news/britains-oldest-working-steam-engine-steams-again/

Last edited:
Thank you very much for that link Graham. I was very keen on the Furness Railway when I was younger and scratchbuilt various models in P4 and finescale 'S' scale. Nice to know there's a working survivor of that quite fascinating railway company.

Local train on the former Barrow Hills & Foxhollow Extension Railway on my 'what-if' imaginary 'hidden in a fold in the map' GER layout.

UzxTAKy.jpg

#1938 - Still looking good Evilcrow! I can't believe how many different engines can fit into the ScR Region! You come up with some pretty good combinations! :)

In celebration of edh6's new L&B Locomotives, here's a few shots of little "Exe" taking a stroll through Dearnby Industry with a rake of old L&B Coaches! :)

wncJnbA.jpg
[/IMG]
O923tes.jpg
[/IMG]
zAmpr6W.jpg
[/IMG]

Tanker46

re post #1939 Tanker46.
Thanks for the compliment Tanker46, theG5 locos would look more at home on the NER of BR, but such a good model and a touch of poetic license.

You show the L&B loco to good effect.

aKP Somewhere ScR (a WIP)

Cheers, evilcrow

Post #1940 - Thanks Evilcrow! To be honest I have never really done that much research into the L&B until Clam1952 started his project, but I can't help but to have become attached to the little buggers! :)

More Dearnby with Exe and Taw (I know the liveries aren't quite up to accuracy but bare with me here.. ;))

73fGceu.jpg
[/IMG]
5GWkMYG.jpg
[/IMG]
gLke82s.jpg
[/IMG]
pRfOB28.jpg
[/IMG]

On a side note, I wanted to ask how you managed to change your Post Processing settings to Manual for TANE SP3? I saw your screenshots a few pages back and I wanted to alter the settings a bit more, but I can't seem to find the place where I can edit the Sun Shafts and the Convolution!

Tanker46

Love that screenshot of Cawdor Bridge halt evilcrow. All that lovely weathered wood. Oh and the locomotive is very nice too.

Looks like you are having a lot of fun there Tanker. Nice screenshots too.

And from me it's a tram engine shunting the wharf at Windweather harbour.

UPdnxVW.jpg

Back