UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

Purbeck Steam:
qy7Ai1Z.jpg

n1HxcMX.jpg

5fnXRF6.jpg

Cheers,

PLP

I seriously can't wait for this to hit the DLS Ken. A BR Garratt would be perfect running on the 2ft lines in Dearnby and District! Thank you and thank Ed for allowing this reskin!

Slowly getting back into Trainz still. Decided on working the Ulfsweir Route I started to get me back in the rythym of route building again. Mostly adding more pre-grouping scenery but running some locos and rolling stock too.

YaWnuX1.jpg
[/IMG]

6YsNYzk.jpg
[/IMG]

nv6XkbE.jpg
[/IMG]

Gwn0hkO.jpg
[/IMG]

LaC0kME.jpg
[/IMG]

u1pXIDT.jpg
[/IMG]

ciWi0Gn.jpg
[/IMG]

I also decided to line every roadway with an invisible spline to accomodate Graham's fantastic Steam Traction Engines that he put on the DLS. I may do the same to the lake to allow for boat traffic too.. Time will have to tell, I guess!

eaCQM2f.jpg
[/IMG]

So grabbed a 1st class ticket and downloaded all the new SBS buildings as they're just what I'm looking for on Glen Brae. Which of course got me back into Trainz. Picking up where I left off so here's some WIP shots;

2D4C479428B9D5A3F948ECB57D4B6B3BB5C7B9DF

7F8831CAB6B5FEB3348F2836FF1E43D40555FEB8

FEE103D1570C4A13222525BEF4F34223D6A1D253

Auchnacree reservoir under construction now with some water in it

#5788. Off for a spot of trip working by the look of it Tailight.

#5785. That GER D81 caught my eye as well Tanker. It's outside my modelling time period, but a new GER engine is still going to catch my interest. Nice to see you blowing the dust off the Ulfsweir Route again.

#5786. Glen Brae is looking good Jimmy. Masontaylor's new buildings are really something else and I'll be taking a closer look at them myself for my rebuilt version of 'Cairnrigg to Balessie'.

#5784. Whenever I see pictures of that amazing layout of yours PLP I wish I could be shrunk down smaller so I could walk about and explore it.

I knew you were going to be the one to notice it Annie! It's an excellent loco I picked up from a guy who I follow on discord. I don't know if you remember me posting those Furness G5 0-6-0T pictures a while back, but that was one of his works too. It only comes in GER Black but I hope he decides to do LNER and BR Black one day!

I do have a rather deep fondness for the D81 - or J20 depending on your preference - as it's an incrediblely interesting 0-6-0 locomotive. Before the dawn of the famous Bulleid Q1, the D81 held the title of being the strongest 0-6-0 in Britain followed closely by the LBSCR C2x Class. With the 180psi boilers of the Holden B12s and a total Tractive Effort of 29,044 lbf (129.19 kN), these locos were capable of incredible freight haulage while remaining within the confines of the GERs loading gauge. Honestly, the SECR and MR should have taken some pointers from this remarkable design! The J16 and J17 - locos that do exsist within your time period I believe - were actually used as testbeds to push the utilitarian function of the GER's 0-6-0s to its absolute limit, resulting in the greatest GER six coupled goods engine of them all.

Ulfsweir will undoubtedly be worked on more in the future as it's small size and variety of things I can do with it provides a creative outlet when working on the South London Route just makes me want to scream. :hehe: I will never have the level of wonder and amazement that your GER layouts have, but it's enjoyable for me and I think that is enough.

Last edited:
It is interesting you mention the ex GER/LNER J20 Tanker as it is a class that gets overlooked & as you say a very powerful 0-6-0 in fact Power Class6F. The J20 is up there almost the same power as the SR S15 4-6-0.

Annie. Yes, my pic of the tank& brake was on test trip working on my WIP route.
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Last edited:
I will never have the level of wonder and amazement that your GER layouts have, but it's enjoyable for me and I think that is enough.

Gosh Tanker now you've gone and made me blush.

Now that I'm starting to feel more motivated to work on my projects again it was well time for me carry on with doing some repairs and maintenance along the Hopewood Tramway. My alternative history TS2012 Norfolk layout has properly settled into being installed in TANE as there's been far less problems with getting everything to work as it should as compared with TRS19/TRS22.

Some snaps taken while I was setting up the tramway passenger service schedule.

s1BSNVS.jpg

FE4pEQX.jpg

xh4Zl7s.jpg

FktLmv8.jpg

k367c4S.jpg

Be careful running the Garratt on the Dearnby & District narrow gauge line Tanker - I used one in the original sessions for Dearnby and was grateful to be advised that it would in practice be too big for the tight curves and gradients. The Ng line was made a bit more gentle in D & District but I'd take it carefully if I were you so as not to end up in the river!

Little garratt like the ex TGR WHR ones more suitable then, would even make gowie& FR mallet too big as well?

Tom

Be careful running the Garratt on the Dearnby & District narrow gauge line Tanker - I used one in the original sessions for Dearnby and was grateful to be advised that it would in practice be too big for the tight curves and gradients. The Ng line was made a bit more gentle in D & District but I'd take it carefully if I were you so as not to end up in the river!

I knew you were going to be the one to notice it Annie! It's an excellent loco I picked up from a guy who I follow on discord. I don't know if you remember me posting those Furness G5 0-6-0T pictures a while back, but that was one of his works too. It only comes in GER Black but I hope he decides to do LNER and BR Black one day!

I do have a rather deep fondness for the D81 - or J20 depending on your preference - as it's an incrediblely interesting 0-6-0 locomotive. Before the dawn of the famous Bulleid Q1, the D81 held the title of being the strongest 0-6-0 in Britain followed closely by the LBSCR C2x Class. With the 180psi boilers of the Holden B12s and a total Tractive Effort of 29,044 lbf (129.19 kN), these locos were capable of incredible freight haulage while remaining within the confines of the GERs loading gauge. Honestly, the SECR and MR should have taken some pointers from this remarkable design! The J16 and J17 - locos that do exsist within your time period I believe - were actually used as testbeds to push the utilitarian function of the GER's 0-6-0s to its absolute limit, resulting in the greatest GER six coupled goods engine of them all.

Ulfsweir will undoubtedly be worked on more in the future as it's small size and variety of things I can do with it provides a creative outlet when working on the South London Route just makes me want to scream. :hehe: I will never have the level of wonder and amazement that your GER layouts have, but it's enjoyable for me and I think that is enough.

It looks great, though I suspect will look better with a round top firebox!

Paul

All looking good Annie. I hope you are over the worst of the Covid.

Keep up the good work Tanker.

North Devon and Cornwall NG. WIP

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Cheers, Ken

IT'S TOO LATE NEVILLE! :hehe:
HPguQAc.jpg
[/IMG]

ArC1HI1.jpg
[/IMG]

Looks like a new engineer got a little zealous and tried to take the curve at 16MPH. The police and the railway board are surveying the scene while the workmen move the crane with Ffae to pull this behemoth of a loco back onto dry land. No doubt he'll be getting the sack. On the other end, ex WD locos now owned by the mill have volunteered to haul the train back to Dearnby Junction Transfer Yards. Looks like no trains to the harbor until we sort this out!

uXw3CXa.jpg
[/IMG]

But in all seriousness, these are remarkable locos. I managed to get quite a few good shots off of them. Well done Ken, and thank you!!

1tOB2rN.jpg
[/IMG]

N3kHewY.jpg
[/IMG]

vx9bntF.jpg
[/IMG]

NJppslk.jpg
[/IMG]

nyG7Ln5.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
Back