UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

Very nice, John! I'll have to check them out soon! Would be nice to have a better variety of wagons in my install, so thanks.

Very nice, John! I'll have to check them out soon! Would be nice to have a better variety of wagons in my install, so thanks.

This is a new batch made with a slightly different technique. Look for PO wagons uploaded after October 20th 2022. Someone complained about the coal texture on a ten year old wagon of mine that was a reskin so I decided to add in a few more.

Cheerio John

Don't know what there is to complain about John - these wagons are excellent!!

They'll fit in quite nicely in Dearnby! Took them for a spin behind the Armstrong Goods!

Wyg15JE.jpg
[/IMG]

haqFxVK.jpg
[/IMG]

lIuNAWE.jpg
[/IMG]

qj9jT5p.jpg
[/IMG]

Qrs3REJ.jpg
[/IMG]

gLZmDrD.jpg
[/IMG]

Excellent shots SRKing! You made the 4MT look even more fantastic!!

I've been doing some tweaking with Dearnby after finding some track that could accommodate the Tallylyn Railway rolling stock and I think it looks pretty good. What do you guys think? I really want to hear your opinions!

hjC2TpH.jpg
[/IMG]

eBgKmXN.jpg
[/IMG]

Q7GJM7w.jpg
[/IMG]

wYOXFbD.jpg
[/IMG]

DJwDVeR.jpg
[/IMG]

ARzesD7.jpg
[/IMG]

VEuhtfX.jpg
[/IMG]

7eedWea.jpg
[/IMG]

BDltVCO.jpg
[/IMG]

tulyPaW.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
And it looks much more than decent!

Some from me, Flying Scotsman on a railtour out of King's Cross in the early morning... crazy to think it's 100 years old!

txUis69.png

bVY3yaR.png

sIysUzw.png

vUiuNQg.jpg

FKhA6lR.png

4lNjkqU.jpg

xsYDQkD.png

w8MZF9J.jpg

Enjoy!

I appreciate it! I've been experimenting with different types of Narrow-Gauge railway stock to see which ones are compatible with the route.

The Talyllyn Railway stock turned out exceptionally well in my personal opinion. Flo is an excellent modeler, and his content is impeccable in both detail and functionality. Ed's L&B Content is still my favorite pick for Dearnby but thanks to Ed, Steve and Flo there is a great selection of NG Equipment to experiment with.

T45503z.jpg
[/IMG]

YGxl0IW.jpg
[/IMG]

Honestly, I think one of the best NG Companies to field in Dearnby would be locomotives and rolling stock from the Glynn Valley Tramway. The close proximity to public areas and quayside terminals would definitely be in character for the line's rolling stock and heritage. In addition, the reverse running GVT locos were known for would be extremely useful in close quarters such as at Dearne on Sea or the various mills in the southwest end of the route. Alas there are no GVT locos made for Trainz yet so that is beyond my reach at the moment. My experimentation with the Talyllyn Railway stock was also to determine the spacing needed to fit the GVT's gauge which is only an inch wider than the TR's gauge.

bB0hMKa.png
[/IMG]

0aboWiD.png
[/IMG]

pYxT82g.jpg
[/IMG]

Outside of the L&B and GVT, I think that the Vale of Rheidol locos and stock would also be extremely compatible with Dearnby. Given where I decided to set up my own Dearnby universe, the VoR might be a little more appropriate to the region. One of the biggest appeals of the VoR to me is that they lasted all the way into BR Blue which allows for NG Locos with BR Early and Late Liveries. I really enjoy the BR Early Crest Livery that was applied to the FR's L&B New Build - Lyd, and I would have loved for the original L& B locos to have survived long enough to receive the same treatment the VoR's locos received.

LDUFdck.jpg
[/IMG]

6m4zL9X.jpg
[/IMG]

dzRnWJU.jpg
[/IMG]

However, at the end of the day I do enjoy just running whatever 2ft Gauge equipment I currently possess. With the recent release of 8686's L&B WW2 Liveries I have no doubt that he'll decide to do BR Early/Late Liveries at some point and that will fill out the Dearnby Roster from the 1900's to the 1960s which will be excellent as well. Right now I'm experimenting with NWNGR Locos as most of them disappeared by the end of WW1. Ed's model of Gowrie is by far one of my most favorite NG Locos he has ever done. Although it is assumed to have been scrapped in North Yorkshire in 1918, there are no concrete evidence with regards to it's fate. That means if it somehow happened to "wander" down south into the hands of a certain wealthy entrepreneur residing in Dearnby Town, well then it wouldn't be too far off the realm of believability, right?

vbCSxNd.jpg
[/IMG]

I can't help but ponder over it - Welsh Narrow Gauge Railways are so much fun!!

AvUJr96.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
Very nice screenshots, and thank you for the info, Alex! Never had a huge interest in narrow gauge, but maybe I should start looking into it...

In the meantime, something more "modern" (or as modern as a Class 40 is):

XliYEtZ.png

kzIX98x.jpg

xkKkz0p.jpg

aP6gWCp.jpg

Wg4ZS5e.jpg

Still really love the S&C, but I feel like it may look a bit better in TANE... time for a reinstall? Or maybe we get an update? (I'm not pushing it though, I still love the package as it is... by the way, are the RailSim UK sites down for anyone else?)

Enjoy the screenshots!

Thank you Camscott - not least for making the Eastern Region a viable possibility - and good luck in the future!
ec7yn8U.jpg
[/IMG]
MbaPzwK.jpg
[/IMG]
7cq1j4O.jpg
[/IMG]
wqtQeoW.jpg
[/IMG]

Very nice screenshots, and thank you for the info, Alex! Never had a huge interest in narrow gauge, but maybe I should start looking into it...

In the meantime, something more "modern" (or as modern as a Class 40 is):

XliYEtZ.png

kzIX98x.jpg

xkKkz0p.jpg

aP6gWCp.jpg

Wg4ZS5e.jpg

Still really love the S&C, but I feel like it may look a bit better in TANE... time for a reinstall? Or maybe we get an update? (I'm not pushing it though, I still love the package as it is... by the way, are the RailSim UK sites down for anyone else?)

Enjoy the screenshots!

Hi SRKing783,

Where did you get that class40? Is it included in the grass British model railway? Or its a part of the S&C?

Thanks

Ed Heaps's ex-LSWR Class C8 is seen in the bay at Harwood on Driver_Col's Milbourne James (TANE)

o5E1hpM.jpg

Last edited:
Back