Page 256 of 256 FirstFirst ... 156206246254255256
Results 3,826 to 3,831 of 3831

Thread: UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

Hello Lewisner,

According to the NERA signal cabin register, Shincliffe Bank Top signal box, situated at 4 miles 71 chains and 16 links from Ferryhill No.3 box had a short working life, opening in 1904 and closing in 1911. It had 20 levers.
    Looking at the NLS 25 inch map for 1895 my guess is the closure came about with the abolition of the two refuge setback sidings provided at the location, one on the down and one on the up line.
    With a mile and a quarter 1 in 177 climb to the box in the down direction and a mile and a third 1 in 198 climb in the up direction these do not look like grades to me which normally required banking assistance.

Quote Originally Posted by borderreiver View Post
    Hello Lewisner,

According to the NERA signal cabin register, Shincliffe Bank Top signal box, situated at 4 miles 71 chains and 16 links from Ferryhill No.3 box had a short working life, opening in 1904 and closing in 1911. It had 20 levers.
    Looking at the NLS 25 inch map for 1895 my guess is the closure came about with the abolition of the two refuge setback sidings provided at the location, one on the down and one on the up line.
    With a mile and a quarter 1 in 177 climb to the box in the down direction and a mile and a third 1 in 198 climb in the up direction these do not look like grades to me which normally required banking assistance.
    Well your logic is sound but presumably there was a reason for the Bank Top suffix ?
    The box name has been duly amended and here is Flying Scotsman passing on an express.

Flying Scotsman at Shincliffe Bank Top 16.4.2021 by A1 Northeastern, on Flickr
    MSI Gaming 9 ACK mobo-Intel i7 5960X-Samsung 970 Evo Pro 240GB M2 SSD-Nvidia RTX 2070 GPU-32GB G.Skill Ripjaws 2133Mhz DDR4 RAM

Test run following update & all is OK so far in fact steam effects look much better.

Still in TANE

Cheers. evilcrow

So many good screenshots, - well done all of you.

I'm now in TANE as well Ken. It's taken me a good while to do it, but finally today I had my main large Norfolk layout and its sessions fully installed into TANE SP3 with no missing dependencies. Now it's all the small fixing and adjustment jobs left to do, but there doesn't seem to be too many of those.

Narcolepsy is not napping.

Quote Originally Posted by evilcrow View Post

Further locos to consider for "off" region in BR days; BR WR pannier tanks 1646 and 1649, transferred to Helmsdale 60C. to work the Dornoch branch.

Cheers, evilcrow
    Ah! The Hawksworth 1600s! Excellent example Ken!

Shame that those little pannier tanks barely got a chance to work anything before BR hauled them off to Cashmoores and Barry Island. They were extremely useful at Cornish sheds though.

Interestingly enough, I just bought the new 1649 model from Rapido Trains to add to my layout. That pannier started at St.Phillips Marsh before being sent to St.Blazey where it worked until 1959. From there it was sent to Helmsdale where it spent the last of its days.

It was also one of the only 1600s painted in unlined green during the early years of BR. Quite an interesting little loco!
    Tanker46

Member of TCWW - Developer of the Brighton Project