UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

1921 - A North Eastern Summer

The reskinned pannier tank is a good piece of work and skipper1945 certainly did some sterling work with the original.
A busy day at the station Annie.
Great shots Ken and taillight.
Here is something I am in the very early stages of working on and I wonder how fast people will work out where it is?

I believe that it is nowhere you have seen Trainz screenshots from before, well certainly not from me anyways.

Ex GCR D10 5437 Prince George with excursion to East Coast
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

The reskinned pannier tank is a good piece of work and skipper1945 certainly did some sterling work with the original.
A busy day at the station Annie.
Great shots Ken and taillight.
Here is something I am in the very early stages of working on and I wonder how fast people will work out where it is?

I believe that it is nowhere you have seen Trainz screenshots from before, well certainly not from me anyways.

I'm guessing Scarborough with the Washbeck signal gantry ?

1921 - A North Eastern Summer

Hello Lewisner - yes Scarborough. The shot of the MPD looking west-southwest. The 65ft GWR turntable by 2995Valiant stands in for the real world 60ft one. I have reproduced internally the layout of the NER roundhouse using a 48ft turntable by Paul Mace instead of the correct 44ft N.E.R. one since there appears to be none on Trainz, well not one with 18 tracks..... I have had to cobble together the building from the late Andi06's assets. The southern straight road shed is also a compromise, two LNWR four-road sheds. The splendid gantry is the work of chrisaw.

#3843. Another wonderful project to test your skills Frank. Make sure you keep us posted as to your progress.

#3844. A fine looking D10 tailight. All mine are in GCR livery, so I hadn't seen on in LNER livery before. I've always liked the LNER cream and white tourist coaches as well; - they make a good match.

#3841. The lonely signalbox makes for a great screenshot lewisner.

No.4 waits at Moxbury with the morning 'main stations only' passenger train to Foxhollow. Since joining the GER Society I've learned a lot more about GER headcodes so No.4 should benefit from what I've learned fairly soon.

RaFVaWb.jpg

And we're off.

S3rEupO.jpg

re post #3843/6 borderreiver.
Plenty of information and interesting items in your shots, and I concur that looks a splendid gantry from chrisaw. His excellent signals must populate 99% of current UK routes.
re post #3847 KotangaGirl
Looking good Annie, sorry to read of your Portal problem on the other thread.

Cheers, Ken

re post #3847 KotangaGirl
Looking good Annie, sorry to read of your Portal problem on the other thread.

Thanks very much Ken. I think the problem is that session has been written and re-written so often in TS2012 moving it across to TANE was the last straw. I am looking at replacing portals with loops wherever possible. In TS2012 I'd replaced the portals west of Bunbury with a three track loop and that worked out much better with regards to more reliable timekeeping.
I'm making a start on the portals north of Great Mulling and I picked the simplest one first. The schedule for the Mulling on the Hill branch is very much self contained with running into platform 2 at Great Mulling, running round and then heading back to the branchline as its basic scheduled route. The timetable only needs two set piece trains so a fairly basic loop was all that was needed.

I don't do hidden loops as I much prefer to disguise them in the scenery

4iJE8S8.jpg

The halt is Mulling Wood Halt, the two storage sidings represent Mulling on the Hill.

q7gryv2.jpg

Testing. I used the Great Mulling pilot engine and a rake of six wheelers from the carriage siding as the test train.

hhvkJMe.jpg

It looks like the regular crew of No.34 has picked up a supervisor along the way. This is platform 1 as I wanted to check out using either platform for the branch train.

CdocKC1.jpg

And going round the loop. Trains in the two holding sidings will be out of sight behind Mulling Wood and can't be seen from normal viewing positions along the line. Next on the list will be the main northern line which I think is going to be a pain.
Great Mulling is a junction for the Mulling on the Hill branch, two goods only branches, the main northern line and a north easterly secondary line. And it was all working so nicely in TS2012 too (sigh).

wBgSO4b.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice shots Annie & I also prefer a hidden loop rather than using portals on my routes. I like working out the timetable for a single track branch or rural by way.

KotangaGirl,
Those are really nice shots! The engine and coaches really compliment one another.

I'm sure the crew were thrilled to have a supervisor along. They would certainly have preferred to have "pant-suit girl" instead. :hehe: I haven't seen her crewing any engines lately, so I wonder if management got her an inside job more commensurate with her attire. That would be too bad, as she sure liked crewing engines.

I really like your work on the coaches. They have a very realistic feel to them.

Heinrich505

Very nice shots Annie & I also prefer a hidden loop rather than using portals on my routes. I like working out the timetable for a single track branch or rural by way.

Thanks tailight. Branchlines and rural by ways are very much my thing too. My 'big station' at Great Mulling is a tiddler really compared with some of the ones that get posted here. I enjoy working out timetables too and it's always good when things slot together nicely without any 'cornfield meets'.

KotangaGirl,
Those are really nice shots! The engine and coaches really compliment one another.

I'm sure the crew were thrilled to have a supervisor along. They would certainly have preferred to have "pant-suit girl" instead. :hehe: I haven't seen her crewing any engines lately, so I wonder if management got her an inside job more commensurate with her attire. That would be too bad, as she sure liked crewing engines.

I really like your work on the coaches. They have a very realistic feel to them.

Heinrich505

Thanks Heinrich. The strange cross-eyed pant-suit girls are a feature of TS2019 ; - in TANE they still have women on the footplate, but they are dressed properly as an engine driver should be. I very much approve of that.

The 0-4-2 well tank is a Hurst built in 1857 and is a part of Paulz Trainz mid-19th century collection. The teak coaches are Paulz Trainz N.E.R. six wheelers that I've modded a bit to become Eastlingwold & Great Mulling Railway coaches. I'm sure Frank could tell you more about their proper origins instead of my imaginary backstory which might be interesting, but certainly isn't true. They are very nice coaches though. The E&GR tends to collect interesting elderly engines and hold on to them, but their regular passengers are glad that the coaches are a bit more modern.

Last edited:
One of the most challenging aspects of my Leamside route is that there were coal mines - lots of them, and branches to serve them. Bowburn Colliery had an Aerial Conveyor to dump waste in the nearby fields :eek: and it was quite a struggle to recreate it based on no info and no photos ! Eventually I found the parts by searching for "Gondola" and finally "Lanark Mine Bucket" completed it. Here it is being passed by a J94 on southbound empties. There should be a safety net underneath it but I can't find one on the DLS.

J94 at Bowburn 21.4.2021 by A1 Northeastern, on Flickr

There were aerial conveyors like those here in the Waikato (NZ) that I can remember very well from when I was a teenager. When I was last out that way about 15 years ago they were still there, but not in operation anymore. I supposed by now they've been demolished and gone for scrap.

3854 Lewinser
Very nice shot & my goodness that bucket line brought back memories of sometimes passing a quarry that had one of those. Had forgot all about them & nice you managed to re-create in your Leamside route. Also nice to see a J94 in action. I expect these days health & Safety issues would not allow the bucket lines over the tracks or roads.

Last edited:
3854 Lewinser
Very nice shot & my goodness that bucket line brought back memories of sometimes passing a quarry that had one of those. Had forgot all about them & nice you managed to re-create in your Leamside route. Also nice to see a J94 in action. I expect these days health & Safety issues would not allow the bucket lines over the tracks or roads.

Cheers, it dismays me that all the time I lived in the north east I never bothered to explore the remaining colliery lines and photograph them. There's still one aerial ropeway in use, at Claughton in Lancashire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgpBwpCguEc&t=586s

Hi Lewisner, re post #3854 - The payware route The Potteries Loop Line has some. One example is <kuid2:84609:28685:2> the Ropeway_Protector_Bridge by kemplen. There are also long and skewed versions as well as ropeway track, pylons, transfer and unloader houses. The route and sessions work in TS12 and the route can be taken over to T:ANE and TRS2019 but the shedmaster sessions are a bust. I suggest that if you buy the route then download all the updates and extra content from the PLL site. The site is http://www.potteriesloopline.co.uk/ and the clicking the Buy PLL link says that it is £19.99.

Hi Lewisner, re post #3854 - The payware route The Potteries Loop Line has some. One example is <kuid2:84609:28685:2> the Ropeway_Protector_Bridge by kemplen. There are also long and skewed versions as well as ropeway track, pylons, transfer and unloader houses. The route and sessions work in TS12 and the route can be taken over to T:ANE and TRS2019 but the shedmaster sessions are a bust. I suggest that if you buy the route then download all the updates and extra content from the PLL site. The site is http://www.potteriesloopline.co.uk/ and the clicking the Buy PLL link says that it is £19.99.

Thanks for that borderreiver, I will definitely have a look at that route but at this point I don't want to introduce payware to my route as I wish to put it on the DLS at some point.
Here is a WD heading south past Adventure Pit, just north of Leamside station with a coal train. The mine itself is my not too good reskin of the late great Bendorseys "South_Hutton_Colliery".

WD at Adventure Pit Leamside 22.4.2021 by A1 Northeastern, on Flickr

re post #3849 Railwoodman
Thanks for the compliment Matt. Your PRR route is ls looking top notch, double headed K4 pacifics nice !!
re post #3856 KotangaGirl
Looks like summer is here, Annie.
re post #3860 Lewisner.
The late BenDorsey's Tram spline <kuid2:210518:5095:1> might be of use to you as another rope way.

Cheers, Ken

1921 - NER Summer at Scarborough

Hello Lewisner, yes, payware would be a problem if you put the route up on the DLS so good luck on putting it together using the range of stuff on the DLS.

A N.E.R. Worsdell O Class 0-4-4T bringing a rake of 49ft arc-roof stock past Washbeck box on its way in to Scarborough with a local train. A 32ft luggage van is at the head of the train behind the loco.

This is a work in progress.

Back