Page 266 of 275 FirstFirst ... 166216256264265266267268 ... LastLast
Results 3,976 to 3,990 of 4114

Thread: UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

Thanks all for the previous responses on carriages. Being more of a disiesel fan, this is unknown territory for me.

Another couple from Trecoll Bay.

Hello Annie,

Thanks for the comment.
    Riddles Standard Class 4 tender type came in two wheel arrangements, a 2-6-0 (Nos. 76000 - 76114) and 4-6-0 (Nos. 75000 - 75079).
    Of the former, they do seem to have avoided allocations to WR sheds but it does not mean that they never ventured there.
    For example No. 76053 went to Salisbury shed in May 1960 and it is possible that some workings took it westwards towards yeovil or Northwest towards Frome.
    Of the latter, several were initially allocated to the WR and others were allocated there later in their careers.
    Snapshots -

No. 75000 started at Swindon in May 1951, to Shrewsbury in Sept 1951 through Dec 53, then going back to Swindon. After a period on the MR from Sept 59 through Feb 61 it was back to the WR at Oxford. She was withdrawn from Worcester.
    No. 75001 worked at Shrewsbury, Swindon, Oxford, Bristol Barrow Road and Yeovil Town.
    No. 75002 worked at Shrewsbury, Swindon, Oswestry, Gloucester Barnwood, Templecombe S&D, Bristol Barrow Road, Machynlleth, Croes Newydd and Stoke.

More details can be found on BRDatabase.info
    Last edited by borderreiver; May 14th, 2021 at 02:41 PM.

2975pfx Very nice pictures & that viaduct looks really nice also. Re carriages O think the main cull was on non corridor coaches used on branch lines which were replaced by the DMU's. However quite a number survived for some time on suburban services. Also the corridor coaches going back to pre grouping were around for quite some time though later often used on excursions & Summer holiday through services. I Fen 1964 I recollect going on excursion to London from local station the train all Gresley coaches hailed by a B1.

Quote Originally Posted by borderreiver View Post
    Hello Annie,

Thanks for the comment.
    Riddles Standard Class 4 tender type came in two wheel arrangements, a 2-6-0 (Nos. 76000 - 76114) and 4-6-0 (Nos. 75000 - 75079).
    Of the former, they do seem to have avoided allocations to WR sheds but it does not mean that they never ventured there.
    For example No. 76053 went to Salisbury shed in May 1960 and it is possible that some workings took it westwards towards yeovil or Northwest towards Frome.
    Of the latter, several were initially allocated to the WR and others were allocated there later in their careers.
    Snapshots -

No. 75000 started at Swindon in May 1951, to Shrewsbury in Sept 1951 through Dec 53, then going back to Swindon. After a period on the MR from Sept 59 through Feb 61 it was back to the WR at Oxford. She was withdrawn from Worcester.
    No. 75001 worked at Shrewsbury, Swindon, Oxford, Bristol Barrow Road and Yeovil Town.
    No. 75002 worked at Shrewsbury, Swindon, Oswestry, Gloucester Barnwood, Templecombe S&D, Bristol Barrow Road, Machynlleth, Croes Newydd and Stoke.

More details can be found on BRDatabase.info
    Thanks very much for that information Frank. I knew i was on solid ground with the green liveried 3MT's since I knew for certain that they'd worked on the Western Region and it was reasonably straight forward to find the details for the trio that are now on Dearnby. The Western Region in 1960 is a whole new ball game for me so I'm finding myself having learn what is second nature to me in other time periods. Up until now I've never given the standard classes a second thought as as for running 'Warships' on a layout that's something I never would have contemplated before.
    More than likely I'll just have the two standard class 4 engines on Dearnby as I don't want to jam my session full of engines and rolling stock despite Dearnby's capacity to absorb far more than I could ever manage.

Narcolepsy is not napping.

Quote Originally Posted by pfx View Post
    Thanks all for the previous responses on carriages. Being more of a disiesel fan, this is unknown territory for me.

Another couple from Trecoll Bay.

<pictures snipped>
    Impressive screenshots pfx. Very much the kind of countryside I like.

Quote Originally Posted by KotangaGirl View Post
    Impressive screenshots pfx. Very much the kind of countryside I like.
    Very bucolic, where sheep may safely graze springs to mind! I agree with KotangaGirl, nice shots.

Rob.

Thanks both of you. The steam era, in Trainz at least, is all new to me.

Is anyone aware of the existence of signal pulleys? I've found some excellent point rodding and cranks but so far, no pulleys though I have fairly acceptable signal wires.

LBSCR in TANE

Cheers, evilcrow

United States of America, Texas, Dickinson

Beautiful shots, Ken. Both are simply amazing! The lit lamp lights in the second shot make the scene magical.

Regards,
    Gary

Quote Originally Posted by pfx View Post
    Thanks both of you. The steam era, in Trainz at least, is all new to me.

Is anyone aware of the existence of signal pulleys? I've found some excellent point rodding and cranks but so far, no pulleys though I have fairly acceptable signal wires.
    Recently someone else on the forum was looking for signal pulleys and had no joy. As far as I know there's only the signal wires made by a German creator on the DLS and nothing else available.

#3984. Brilliant Winter screenshots Ken. Possibly not quite so appealing for me at the moment since we've been having black frosts here lately.

Thanks for the kind comments. Shots are from a vaguely CJ Freezer "Minories" inspired route, built in the 'model railway' style, partly because it's appropriate to the design, and partly because there's half a chance it might get 'finished'....

That Urie is a seriously nice bit o' gear

Pls ignore the signals - placeholders!!

#3987. Your model railway style layout is very nice indeed clekev.

#3988. Wow. I really like your latest screenshot pfx.

I had no real luck with Dearnby & District as I find it too confusing to try and operate. Nothing at all wrong with the layout which is magnificent as ever it was, it's just me and my silly sleepy brain.
    So what I did is download Restormel Castle into TANE and I'm going to work on that and see what I can do with it. A much more suitable choice for this country girl. Still early days yet so it's track repairs and fixing the strangely creative signalling.

We're definitely glad to have you pfx! Your screenshots are superb as always!

But hey, if you're more comfortable with 'disiesels' here's some shots I know you'll like!

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Post #3970 - That Remembrance Tank looks grand Annie. I didn't know decapod ever made one. I remember his old site and that he made an Ilfracombe Goods, but the link to that was lost long before I ever got there. It must have been your toughest reskin challenge yet but you made it look six years younger with your texturing magic!
    Tanker46

Member of TCWW - Developer of the Brighton Project