UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

Yes the engine crews must've been a tough lot back then Frank. Later on the E&GR Beyer-Peacock singles were rebuilt with cabs by the NBR, but the rebuilds took a great deal away from their elegance lines even if it did extend their usefulness into the immediate pre-WW1 era. None made it to 1920 though. They were a very successful design by all accounts.

Hi Kotangagirl - I see No.1 merely has a weatherplate for protection rather than a cab. I recall a story relating to the Stainmore route across the wild pennines during the 1850s/1860s that the Chief Engineer at the time proposed to replace the weatherplates with roofed cabs on engines working over this exposed moorland line, where conditions could be atrocious, even in summer. The footplate crew would have "no truck" with such assaults upon their manliness, an insinuation that they required such "coddling"!!! As a consequence the company did not revisit the issue for something like over twenty years! What such rugged fellows would have thought of their great-great grandchildren accepting the LNER fitting tender cabs to some Stainmore engines for running tender first would possibly be unprintable!!

Even today there are those of that sort of opinion. On the Ffestiniog quarry Hunslet Blanche was fitted with a tender cab in the '60s. Sister Linda was not and has no protection when running in reverse. It is said this is because its regular driver (the general manager) was a staunch believer in the "stout macintosh" method of surviving the Welsh weather. It now has a removable tender cab but it is rarely used and is actively removed by many drivers independent of the prevailing weather conditions.

Great screenshots recently everyone.

But boy,does the telephoto mode ever make Trainz look more realistic!

Late afternoon passenger run.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

The lighting isn't as good as the lighting in evilcrow's screenshots,but that's the best I can get manage...

Re post #1905 RailFan500CA

Keep up the good work and try the various lighting options such as adjusting the Environment settings and Post Processing Settings.
The choice of sky, time of day and use of fog all can have an effect.

aKP Somewhere in ScR (a WIP)

Cheers, evilcrow

Barney at the Mill

Some really nice shots as usual :)

Here's a couple of an LMS Barney pulling up the short but steep incline out of the Tweed Mill at Carrachmuir.

LMS-Barney-pulling-out-of-the-Tweed-Mill.jpg

LMS-Barney-pulling-out-of-the-Tweed-Mill-at-Carrachmuir.jpg

So many great screenshots! Keep them coming as they always put a smile on my face.

I took this snap while leaning dangerously off the side of the footplate of the aged Beyer-Peacock that was taking a train through to Windweather station.

kHmgrlV.jpg

The fireman's view from an Austerity 2-8-0 "flying bedstead" looking back to the end of the Simpasture branch observing the train as the engine brings its trailing load of 45 empty steel 20 Ton hoppers off the simpasture branch down line.

The view from the signal gantry.

The view from the trackside.

Last edited:
Re post #1907 IanHOoseason
Riccarton Jct the perfect reason to purchase TRS19.
Thanks for the compliment BTW.

Lots of good stuff on this thread of late.

Cheers , evilcrow

Last edited:
Another great screenshot evilcrow.

Work continues on the M&GNJR section of my GCR-GER-M&GNJR layout. The M&GNJR section is a slice taken out of a layout from the DLS that placed an essentially 1910 version of the M&GNJR into a BR Blue era landscape. All that BR Blue could not be suffered to live of course so that was cast into the void and what remained was merged with my GCR-GER layout. It has taken one heck of a lot of work though to get the M&GNJR section as downloaded into actually being a workable representation of the prototype as the trackwork was utterly terrible and completely wrong in places and the scenic work was pure TS2004 despite it having been a part of a TS2012 layout.

Anyway some snaps. This is TS2012 by the way so no lighting magic.

9MucxnP.jpg

VO1QDPb.jpg

kdvvcI7.jpg

mzpaTtu.jpg

t86Os7q.jpg

Nice screenshots everyone!

Thanks for the tip evilcrow,I did mess around with the sky's lighting (And changed the sky.),and slight tweaking to the mid-day lighting,and it looks better than before.

I'm not sure if the coaches are BR-era or LMS era (I can't really tell since nether LMS or BR shows on the side of the coaches...) but anyways.

An ex-LMS Stanier 4P pulls an early morning run while passing an ex-GWR 2251 class locomotive getting prepared to pull the freight train in the siding.

(Yes,I know I should replace those BR blue era signals...)

A lot of the screenshots on here are getting better than the original period photos. Some random progress shots from Dearnby & District v2:
Jkte6tM.jpg
[/IMG]
fAmpqnR.jpg
[/IMG]
vRP89Pa.jpg
[/IMG]
lwM4QdF.jpg
[/IMG]

Love that engine shed at #1916 evilcrow.

Excellent screenshots Neville. Dearnby & District v2 looks like it's going to be a classic.

On the GER section on my huge rambling GCR-GER-M&GNJR layout.

Q88VqZ1.jpg

It's the way that you've assembled the shed scene with so much attention to real world details that really makes it evilcrow.

Back