UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

And this is the last of the tricky trackwork that needed to be done at Camborne. There is a properly sited catchpoint in amongst it as well, - which you'll most probably curse me for when you forget about it. Just a little more to do and then I'll take a look at the Roskear Branch and fix that up a bit.

uYqQgQw.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks both for the compliments; your Brighton line is also looking better every day Tanker! I'm very much looking forward to the release of the U, my thanks again for commissioning it.

@KotangaGirl, some great screenshots there too - looks like a frustrating task! There's something about complex trackwork like that that I can stare at for ages, I don't know what it is but it fascinates me!

Cheers,

PLP

@KotangaGirl, some great screenshots there too - looks like a frustrating task! There's something about complex trackwork like that that I can stare at for ages, I don't know what it is but it fascinates me!

Cheers,

PLP

Thanks very much PLP. I think it must've been because Camborne station was built on a restricted for space site to start with that meant that the permanent way engineer had to get really creative to fit everything in as traffic increased on the line and more siding space was needed. They do seem to have liked their double and single slips on the old West Cornwall line though and I think I'll be just about an expert with laying them out using procedural track by the time I'm done.

It seems while 31874 was busy hard at work during Swanage's busy season, 31625 decided to play hooky and gallivant around the Brighton Line (naughty naughty U Class :hehe:). This time making it past Burgess Hill and into the Sussex suburban maze that covers the towns south of London.

After a few miles 31625 rolls through Keymer Junction where the Brighton Main Line meets the Plumpton Branch that connects Lewes with Wivelsfield. I'll have to remember to finish connecting the two locations one of these days....

31625 begins to reduce speed as it passes through the newest of the Brighton Route's stations - Wivelsfield! It doesn't look exactly like the prototype but its that best that can be done given the available materials. I do seem to like it though. :)

On the opposite track stands LBSCR I3 Class 32091, one of the Marsh Atlantic Tanks that worked the Wivelsfield to Lewes with a return working via the branch. 31625 rolls past it to it's penultimate stop on it's journey - Hayward Heath!

Somehow I missed seeing your post Tanker; - and I see that you are as much of a station building bodger as I am :hehe:
Always good to see how things are proceeding with the Brighton Line.

Thanks both for the compliments; your Brighton line is also looking better every day Tanker! I'm very much looking forward to the release of the U, my thanks again for commissioning it.

Cheers,

PLP

Thank you Parker! Things are progressing at a steady pace and I am glad you like how its turning out! I'm going to have to learn how to model in detail the way you do one day! :hehe:

The U Should be showing up on Camscott's Freeware Page soon enough! I'm also having the Bulleid Black Livery done for WW2 era routes so keep an eye out!

Somehow I missed seeing your post Tanker; - and I see that you are as much of a station building bodger as I am
Always good to see how things are proceeding with the Brighton Line.

Thanks Annie! I think your the second person I have heard the term bodger from! The first being my grandad's old friend!

When I asked what it meant he just smiled and said:

"A bodger got no liscence and just takes cash my boy. Best Remember that."

Now I know what it means but that brought up a good old memory. Thank You for that.

Wivelsfield was by far the hardest station I have had to model thus far. I was only able to find two photos of it - one from 1890 and one from the 1950s. To top it off I couldn't even find street photos for the surrounding town so I had to improvise the whole thing.

Haywards Heath will be a bit easier than Wivelsfield for sure. I'm going to take my sweet time with it before moving on to Balcombe and Three Bridges. Things are only going to get crazier after that! :D

Last edited:
Thanks Annie! I think your the second person I have heard the term bodger from! The first being my grandad's old friend!

When I asked what it meant he just smiled and said:

"A bodger got no licence and just takes cash my boy. Best Remember that."

Now I know what it means but that brought up a good old memory. Thank You for that.

I have my Mum's elderly relatives to thank for my command of English turns of phrase Tanker, though as time goes on I think they'll become ancient history that no one remembers any more unfortunately.

Wivelsfield was by far the hardest station I have had to model thus far. I was only able to find two photos of it - one from 1890 and one from the 1950s. To top it off I couldn't even find street photos for the surrounding town so I had to improvise the whole thing.

I think sometimes it's better not to know what a town looked like. I've just found a set of aerial photos of Camborne taken in the 1950s and what I've got on the Cornish route surrounding the station is nothing like what's in the photos. What I've seen I can't unsee so I guess I'm just going to have to demolish what's there and fix it.

D66C5A3A-7834-48C8-B33C-89EEAC701F62.png.c3bc05b1d0314ef5e060d06efd9ccac2.png
a0047b65-4436-4d22-b3b7-a06b95758916

Hello everyone!

Revisiting an old project of mine, a GWR Driver_Col Route converted to Broad Gauge, recently imported from Trainz 12 to 2019! :)

A Firefly Class poses by the new Churchyard I’ve set up! :D

A lot of route building going on over the last few pages and all looks to be progressing well.
Thank you Tanker46 for putting the U in the freeware domain, we all owe you a massive thank you for this and previous locos.
This might be of interest to you Annie, "Cornwall Transition from Steam" by R. C. Riley,

https://ttpublishing.co.uk/product/cornwall-transition-from-steam-rc-riley-archive-vol-6/

Cheers, Ken

And thank you very much Ken, - I've just now ordered a copy.

I have my Mum's elderly relatives to thank for my command of English turns of phrase Tanker, though as time goes on I think they'll become ancient history that no one remembers any more unfortunately.

I think sometimes it's better not to know what a town looked like. I've just found a set of aerial photos of Camborne taken in the 1950s and what I've got on the Cornish route surrounding the station is nothing like what's in the photos. What I've seen I can't unsee so I guess I'm just going to have to demolish what's there and fix it.

I think I can understand your approach Annie. Sometimes it is better not to know what the town looks like in case it results in more work.

I thought Haywards Heath would be easy. I was wrong. Oh so very, very wrong.

Haywards Heath was built atop an embankment and the town and the station building itself sits far below with the other houses. Unlike Hassocks, this underpass is held up by Two LBSCR Plate Girdler Bridges so I can't just dighole my way through like I did before.

On top of that I discovered that Haywards Heath had a goods yard right outside the mouth of the tunnel - and a big one at that. The thing had a gantry crane, a coal staithe and was covered in goods yard platforms. Abd of course the town itself is carved around the station so there's no getting around modeling most of it.

But the biggest thing that caused my heart to leap into my throat was one small thing I overlooked - I had been reading the maps wrong.

I misunderstood the legend and mistook Embankments for cuttings!! I'm going to have to backtrack to Preston Park and fix this once I make it to Three Bridges.

You're advice has been sobering Annie. I opened Pandora's Box and I can't reseal it.

A lot of route building going on over the last few pages and all looks to be progressing well.
Thank you Tanker46 for putting the U in the freeware domain, we all owe you a massive thank you for this and previous locos.
This might be of interest to you Annie, "Cornwall Transition from Steam" by R. C. Riley,

https://ttpublishing.co.uk/product/cornwall-transition-from-steam-rc-riley-archive-vol-6/

Cheers, Ken

No thanks needed Ken! I myself wanted to see these SR Locos in Trainz so I decided to put that Amtrak money to use!

If the models are enjoyed by everyone then that's what matters. I am glad you all get so much fun out of then the way I have!

They'll be many more SR Locos in the near future! SR Standards, SECR Locos, LSWR Locos, more LBSCR Locos - the future is full of prizes for the Southern Region. If Camscott is acceptin I'll be comission'n!! :hehe:

Well this is the best message I've ever read, the SR seems to have been overlooked historically in favour of LMS, LNER and GWR so it's good to see this is being rectified.

Not to mention your own standard 4 tank too...

Cheers,

PLP

Some from me of a run I did last night; BR Standard class 7 70000 Britannia visits Swanage - seen here hauling the demonstration freight from Harmans Cross sidings to Norden ready for a run to Swanage:
SNmxWkP.jpg

ki39aUP.jpg

WTzjzj6.jpg

C8TILty.jpg

Cheers,

PLP

Some from me of a run I did last night; BR Standard class 7 70000 Britannia visits Swanage - seen here hauling the demonstration freight from Harmans Cross sidings to Norden ready for a run to Swanage:
SNmxWkP.jpg

ki39aUP.jpg

WTzjzj6.jpg

C8TILty.jpg

Cheers,

PLP

Excellent Screenshots Parker! Loving the visiting standard to Swanage! I think Oliver Cromwell visited several times in the past but I would have to double check.

In regards to my 4MT. I can't really take credit for it as the bulk of the mesh (and by bulk I mean 99% of it) was built by the creator of our wonderful Standard Fours and I am simply doing the finishing work needed to get it in game!

Gotta find some time to finish it up though! :hehe:

Excellent screenshots PLP. Your Swanage route always gives me the feeling that I'd love to be able to wander around in it for a while.

#4396 And another good looking atmospheric screenshot from you Ken.

This one's in TANE.
I moved my Lickey Bank route over to TRS19 and the track got completely trashed, - so now it's living very happily in TANE SP4.
I don't think L&Y class 27's were ever seen on Lickey, but I wanted to test out my new Class 27 from Camscott and I also wanted to test the route to make sure it was all working properly, - so two birds with one stone and all that.
I will get back to working in Cornwall again soon; - I had my anti-COVID jab on Friday and I'm still feeling a bit off colour.

TnPoxwp.jpg

2ltg2jl.jpg

gbmvbt2.jpg

XAXdEOm.jpg

Last edited:
re post#4397 borderreiver
Thank you Frank, I wonder how much if any, the present railway hauls?.
re post #4399 KotanaGirl
Thank you Annie, nice shots of the Class 27. Good luck with the "jab", only takes a few seconds and don't forget the second one.

Still in TANE

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Cheers, Ken

According to the DfT, Coal lifting in the UK has stabilised in the range of 1.4 - 1.6 million tonnes per quarter (5.6 - 6.4 million tonnes per annum). This is down substantially on volumes pre-2014 but not quite as low as might have been expected. Other freight has fallen during 2020 due to the pandemic, but appears to be 12.7 million tonnes. So, even now coal amounts to roughly thirty percent of freight tonnages.

Thanks for that Frank, lack of steam coal in UK for Heritage railways is going to be problem.

Still in TANE

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Cheers, Ken

Back