UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

RE Post #1122 wilts747

Thank you Peter, for the compliment. Here is another shot to stir your memories of EM and Tramway Avenue. Those were happy times when you could roam around London without fear or hindrance on
a 2/6 penny Red Bus Rover. Lucky to say I visited all the Nth London depots before they were converted, just missed out on East London though. Happy days.

UK.........BR/ER..(LTE)

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Cheers, Ken

Thanks a lot 'Evilcrow'. My family lived in Tramway Ave, five houses from the depot from 1947 the year after I was born until 1981 when my mother unfortunately died. Originally there was tram lines which were removed in the early 50's and of cause the overhead cables went when the trolley buses were eventually replaced by Routmasters, dirty and noisy. We would 'borrow' the bamboo poles they use to put the poles up onto the wires with, and cut them in half to make props for the washing lines and the hook end to catch eels from the River Lee. The depot was eventually pulled down some years after it closed and replaced by housing but the road itself has changed little.

At weekend during the early 50's we would take an old wreck of a silver cross baby pram to either Ponders End or Angle Road railway siding to collect coal from the track money was very scarce. As long as you didn't touch the wagons nobody said anything and the steam locos moved that much slower. If pickings were a little thin we would release the catches on the odd coal wagons and return the next day after they had been shunted and spilt some more coal. We also used Red Rover Tickets to explore London, when not on the roof of Heathrow watching the aircraft or visiting the museums around Exhibition Rd, all free in those days, it was train spotting at either Liverpool St, Kings Cross, St Pancras or Marylebone Stations. For some reason we seldom went south of the river but always went home covered in soot and a bonus if you could talk a driver into letting you onto the footplate for a few seconds. Small world, great times. Peter

re post #1125 wilts747

Happy days indeed, Peter. Went to the East Anglian Transport Museum near Lowestoft a couple of years ago, 4 or was it 5 ex LTE trolleybuses working plus a double-deck LTE tram. That did bring back the memories, well worth a visit.
Ken.

UK................BR/SR

I wonder how many steam enthusiasts realise that in many parts of London, and likely other cities, the gauge of railways and trams were the same and that prior to he demise of the tram in the late 40's early 50's, and the scrapping of the rails, railway goods wagons were also used on the tram lines to deliver to local business in the early hours of the morning when tram services were not running. Where I lived a single box wagon would be towed by the likes of a British Rail Scammell Scarab from the good yard (long gone) at Edmonton Green Station along Hertford Rd and/or Fore St to deliver to businesses as a truck would today. The three wheel Scarab which could turn on a sixpence would then change ends and tow the wagon back to the yard before the first trams ran in the mornings. Peter

That is very interesting, it would make for a nice scene in Trainz. Are there any UK (mini) layouts that have tram connection to the main rail line?

Re post #1128 EverTrainz

Sorry Ron, I don't know of any routes, but as Peter writes it's worth investigating.

UK..........BR/ER.........

Cheers, evilcrow

re post #1136 johnwhelan

Hello John, the locos and carriages seen are; BR (LNER) A3 by "edh6"and BR (LNER) N2 by "lielestosbrat" as is the BR 9F (previous shot). The BR (LNER) coaches (includes various skins) are by "andi06" and the coaches behind the N2 are by "kengreen".

Cheers, Ken

re post #1136 johnwhelan

Hello John, the locos and carriages seen are; BR (LNER) A3 by "edh6"and BR (LNER) N2 by "lielestosbrat" as is the BR 9F (previous shot). The BR (LNER) coaches (includes various skins) are by "andi06" and the coaches behind the N2 are by "kengreen".

Cheers, Ken

Thanks John

re post #1136 johnwhelan

Hello John, BR (LNER) V2 by "trainboi1" in the first/second screenshots below and available on the DLS.

UK.........BR/ER..

Cheers, Ken

UK......BR/ER...........BR Y7 from paulhobbs now on the DLS. Many thanks for this loco, very very nice.

Cheers, evilcrow

Back