Page 314 of 321 FirstFirst ... 214264304312313314315316 ... LastLast
Results 4,696 to 4,710 of 4810

Thread: UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

Here's a series of edited photos I did using my B13 model; it is travelling down the ECML (improvised using a different route)

Thanks,
    Connor

Quote Originally Posted by tdstead View Post
    Great update Annie ... well anything is possible after Nationalization there is the GWR Pannier that ended up working the SR Branch

Tom
    Thanks Tom, it's certainly a sweet running engine now. I suppose a request might have gone out to the Southern Region to borrow a few engines and No.31065 was amongst the ones they sent. I don't know what the WR might have thought about that though.

Well done to all involved here.
    Keep on providing us with the visuals and info

Cheers,

Graham

As they say Graham, - come on in the water's fine.

Here's a series of edited photos I did using my B13 model; it is travelling down the ECML (improvised using a different route)

Thanks,
    Connor

Very nicely done Connor.

Narcolepsy is not napping.

Wow Tanker Paul has done you proud alright. Southern enthusiasts will be wanting to put up a statue to you after these new assets hit the DLS. With 75B Redhill Junction and 75E Three Bridges MPDs ticked off your list your Brighton Project is going to be unstoppable.
    Awww Annie you're going to make me pass out from how hard I'm blushing! Moxbury and that O1 are looking fantastic as well!!

[IMG][/IMG]

I am just glad that people are enjoying this, I think it's becoming an obsession at this point! Between Camscott's locos and Paul's buildings it's grown to such a size that I couldn't stop it even if I wanted to! It's one thing to have a dream like that but a totally different thing to see it come to life! I can't wait for the entire LBSCR Region is done so I can release it for you all to enjoy Phase 1 of the SR Project!

Lovely shots tanker, but where did you get the buffer stop from?
    Ah! Nice eye Parker! I'd forgot to mention those actually!

They're from Pilotwoo. He made them for his SVR Route he's working on for TRS19, but he lent them to me for use on the Brighton Route. I have em everywhere!

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

They'll be put on the DLS eventually, but I might release the route without them until they do. Barney definitely does excellent work though!
    Last edited by Tanker46; September 21st, 2021 at 02:36 PM.
    Tanker46

Member of TCWW - Developer of the Brighton Project

Tanker46 you just like making us happy don't you ... great work ... thanks

Tom
    Acer Predator Helios 300 16gb ram, GTX1060 graphics on windows home 10
    TANE build 94916 TRS19 build 114800

Quote Originally Posted by tdstead View Post
    Tanker46 you just like making us happy don't you ... great work ... thanks

Tom
    Thanks Tom! It's almost in the beta stage! I'm already up to South Coulsdon so I should make it to London Victoria by Christmas! I am amazed how quickly the third phase is to cover! I'm 2/3rds done with the run to East Croydon!

Just started setting up Merstham Tunnel! his area is a very difficult setup to build with no photos and only the maps to go off of, so I can't guarantee it will be accurate as the prototype.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

On a side note, I was digging into the history of Redhill and Merstham and I discovered quite the surprise! Did you guys know that Redhill Standard Brick Company owned a little 2ft Narrow Gauge Railway around Helmensthorpe Yards? The company bought one WD Hudson designed 0-6-2T that was built for dock shunting during WW1 - a model that our beloved Steveflanders has made including a variant that replicates the original Redhill loco! Talk about lucky!!

[IMG][/IMG]

I need to do quite a bit more research regarding this little line but it looks like the line might have fallen out of use after WW2. Even so, I decided to include it on the BR Route as the viaduct was still in place over the Quarry Line Tunnel during the 50s and 60s. It should provide a wonderful little bit of industrial scenery to blend in with the mainline. I hope to do so with the Volk's Electric Railway along the Brighton Coast someday as well if I can find diagrams of the cars and miscellaneous assets in the near future!

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Once I finish Merstham, it will be on to Coulsdon and Purely!
    Tanker46

The Redhill Standard Brick Company was a good find Tanker and being able to find exactly the right engine for the narrow gauge line on Steve Flander's website was an added bonus. If you're having problems finding photos of a particular area check out the University of Cambridge's 'Britain from the Air' archive https://cudl.lib.cam.ac.uk/collectio...apehistories/1 Their search engine can be a bit annoying to use though.
    Or failing that try the Britain from Above website. https://www.britainfromabove.org.uk/...gland&year=all

I've been helped out more than once by old aerial photos when I couldn't find anything else in the way of photos.
    Last edited by KotangaGirl; September 22nd, 2021 at 02:57 PM. Reason: formatting

United States of America, Texas, Dickinson

Tanker46,
    Great news on your progress. It's all very exciting to see the screenshots and hear how quickly your route seems to be falling into place. You are closing fast on London, Victoria. The miles are melting away. I'm following with great interest. Pace yourself though.

Regards,
    Gary

Quote Originally Posted by KotangaGirl View Post
    The Redhill Standard Brick Company was a good find Tanker and being able to find exactly the right engine for the narrow gauge line on Steve Flander's website was an added bonus. If you're having problems finding photos of a particular area check out the University of Cambridge's 'Britain from the Air' archive https://cudl.lib.cam.ac.uk/collectio...apehistories/1 Their search engine can be a bit annoying to use though.
    Or failing that try the Britain from Above website. https://www.britainfromabove.org.uk/...gland&year=all

I've been helped out more than once by old aerial photos when I couldn't find anything else in the way of photos.
    Thanks Annie! "Britain From Above" is a very good friend of mine indeed. How else would I have gotten Haywards Heath finished without it? I also have an excellent aerial shot of London Victoria tucked away for when I finally make it that far in the project - I know exactly where Battersea Power Station goes thanks to that!

I think this is going to be one of those "little lost railways" my grandpa always used to talk about. You know, the ones that were local, tiny lines that never really stood out when in operation. As he once told me, They came and went like the wind Alex, known only to the people that lived near them. I'm just happy to have discovered the line in the first place! Surrey is the last place I expected to see 2ft Gauge Lines!

Did a little bit more looking and while it looks like the Company itself was in Redhill, the sand pits and brickworks were in Helmensthorpe. That tri-branch yard formation was actually built for their locomotives use instead of being a goods yard for Merstham. Makes sense in a way. I also found a lead on this mystery line..

[IMG][/IMG]

Imma buy me that book.

Tanker46,
    Great news on your progress. It's all very exciting to see the screenshots and hear how quickly your route seems to be falling into place. You are closing fast on London, Victoria. The miles are melting away. I'm following with great interest. Pace yourself though.
    Thanks for the concern Gary. I will make sure to keep at an even pace.

Honestly, I'm following the same style as Pflindey's GCR Mainline - my main priority is laying the track, road and landscaping before I set down towns and scenery. Of course there are crucial lineside scenics that need to be put in so I don't lose my train of thought! London is going to force me to take a good long while to finish. So many houses...

Brighton, Haywards Heath, Three Bridges and Redhill are the four main areas I've practically finished - and there are several revisions I will end up doing once I get feedback from the beta. A lot of work to do before I start extending the route to Kent!
    Last edited by Tanker46; September 22nd, 2021 at 09:47 PM.
    Tanker46

That looks like an interesting book Tanker. Having purchased a few books on 'lost little railways' just recently I'm going to have to put the brakes on buying more until I've had a chance to read what I've got already.

I'm still having problems with being more sleepy than usual so I'm sticking to working on my Norfolk layout for the present time. After reading about the Axholme Joint Railway and its connection to the GNR-GER Joint line I decided to have a L&Y passenger service making a connection to one of the major stations on my layout. The schedule and the final details are a still up in the air at the moment, but it gave me a chance to play trains with my new Camscott L&Y class 5 tank engine.

Last edited by KotangaGirl; September 23rd, 2021 at 12:34 PM. Reason: spelling

I love that L&Y Tank Annie. Camscott's models are such a treat to operate but his L&Y Locos are something else. I've taken a real deep interest in that railway and I might pursue a project in it once I free up my schedule some.

I'm really wanting to see more of the Norfolk Route you are doing.
    Tanker46

Quote Originally Posted by Tanker46 View Post
    I love that L&Y Tank Annie. Camscott's models are such a treat to operate but his L&Y Locos are something else. I've taken a real deep interest in that railway and I might pursue a project in it once I free up my schedule some.

I'm really wanting to see more of the Norfolk Route you are doing.

True enough, - Camscott seems to have gone to the next level with these newest L&Y engines.

If you want to start an L&Y project sometime in the future it might be worthwhile getting a copy of the book I posted, 'The Axholme Joint Railway'. It was very much a rural railway with nothing too complex to deal with in the way of infrastructure. It could be a good way to dip your toe in the water without committing yourself to a big project.

I'm still doing a fair bit of scenic updating work after transferring my Norfolk layout from TR2012, but by and large it's still a working layout. My present project is getting rid of all the portals and replacing them with storage loops which makes for much better schedule management.

A snap I took of No.8 in charge of the local passenger train at Windweather Harbour.

Ah! My favorite Tramway has returned - and in TRS19 no less! And there is the Single Driver again! I am quite fond of that little tank. Those coaches are quite a favorite of mine as well! Did Paul make those for you Annie?

I will make a mental note of that book. Building smaller routes is definitely appealing to me as it allows for far greater detail. To be honest, I've actually considered creating a separate release of the Folkstone Harbor Branch as an independent route once I get to the southeast coast. We have all the SECR Locos needed to run it thanks to Paulhobbs! Would be nice to build an L&Y Branch Route in a similar fashion.

It's definitely a good place to start. Honestly I think the SR Project is going to be the one and only large scale project I put out. By the time I finish it, the kids will be about 7-8 years old and I am sure I will have far less time to dedicate to public Trainz projects. Outside of tweaking and updating the SR Project of course!
    Tanker46

Ah! My favorite Tramway has returned - and in TRS19 no less! And there is the Single Driver again! I am quite fond of that little tank. Those coaches are quite a favorite of mine as well! Did Paul make those for you Annie?
    Transfering my Norfolk layout to TRS19 was surprisingly painless with most of the work needing to be done being updating trees and ground textures. My main reason for doing the transfer was that TS2012 was really struggling to render and operate the layout which was preventing me from continuing to develop it. And yes the single driver tanks also survived the transfer and they've had some further rebuilding work done as well.
    The coaches are from Paul's website and are Barry Railway and North Staffordshire Railway 4 wheelers that I've reskinned and modified for use on my layout. It pays to have a good poke around on Paul's website as he has all kinds of things hiding away in odd corners.

I'm finding that I'm having to give up on larger sized layout projects these days, - mostly due to this illness I've got. Pottering around on my Norfolk layout is fine, but I know very well that if I was starting to build it now I couldn't do it. So yes smaller routes are good for me as well, - like the update I recently did on the Ashington Branch and also the work I'm doing on my Broad Gauge Minehead branch.

I've actually considered creating a separate release of the Folkstone Harbor Branch as an independent route once I get to the southeast coast.

I think that would be a really good idea Tanker and I'm sure that it would be popular.
    Last edited by KotangaGirl; September 24th, 2021 at 08:00 AM. Reason: more to say

Transfering my Norfolk layout to TRS19 was surprisingly painless with most of the work needing to be done being updating trees and ground textures. My main reason for doing the transfer was that TS2012 was really struggling to render and operate the layout which was preventing me from continuing to develop it. And yes the single driver tanks also survived the transfer and they've had some further rebuilding work done as well.
    Indeed! That rendering issue with TS12 was the major factor in making the switch over to TANE. When it takes an hour to load a line side screenshot of the GCR Mainline, then you have a bit of a problem. That's also why porting the SR Project to TRS19 was inevitable. Once it reached a certain size in TANE it began glitching out for some reason. I have no problems with it in TRS19 now!

The coaches are from Paul's website and are Barry Railway and North Staffordshire Railway 4 wheelers that I've reskinned and modified for use on my layout. It pays to have a good poke around on Paul's website as he has all kinds of things hiding away in odd corners.
    I thought a couple of those were NSR Reskins! You sure do know your stuff Annie!

Paul has had an excellent selection as long as I have been involved in Trainz. My North Blythe TMR Route almost exclusively uses LNER Stock from his website. I'm the biggest fan of his buildings though!

The Folkstone Harbor Branch has been something I have been sitting on since my days in TS12. I made several attempts to model it in the past but I lacked the resources I have now. The SECR H, SER R1 and SECR C Class are all in game now so the rolling stock roster is set too! Gary Price even has some 57xx Class in case they want to model the later years on the branch.

BRDatabase's Depot Listing has solved most all my problems with looking for maps as it contains a comprehensive map of all of England during the 1950s (provided by NLS of course). This has made any prototypical project I want to do completely possible. I fully intend to extend the project to Dover one day so its definitely going to happen. It's only a matter of time before this comes to fruition!
    Tanker46

I thought a couple of those were NSR Reskins! You sure do know your stuff Annie!

Paul has had an excellent selection as long as I have been involved in Trainz. My North Blythe TMR Route almost exclusively uses LNER Stock from his website. I'm the biggest fan of his buildings though!
    The good thing about Paul's NSR 4 wheelers is that they are a close match for the 1870's coaches owned by several other railways and are reasonably easy to reskin; - or they are so long as you don't try doing one in varnished teak as that experiment proved to be a wee bit harder to do.

I have some of Paul's GWR buildings as well as his collection of Beamish engine sheds. They are older models from his website, but they can be made to look very nice indeed.

The Folkstone Harbor Branch has been something I have been sitting on since my days in TS12. I made several attempts to model it in the past but I lacked the resources I have now. The SECR H, SER R1 and SECR C Class are all in game now so the rolling stock roster is set too! Gary Price even has some 57xx Class in case they want to model the later years on the branch.

No pressure, but I'll be certainly looking forward to seeing screenshots of your Folkstone Harbour Branch once you start work on it.

And because this is a screenshot thread here's a snap of No.8 crossing the salt marsh with a local passenger train.