Page 210 of 217 FirstFirst ... 110160200208209210211212 ... LastLast
Results 3,136 to 3,150 of 3244

Thread: UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

I go away for a day and I miss a discussion about GPlocomotives!? I really need to get notifications for this thread...

My opinion is more or less the same as Annie's. When I really got into Trainz in 2015 Gary's locomotives were some of the first available to me. His Jubilees always hold a special place in my collection because he went above and beyond and crafted No.45699 Galatea in her preserved BR Crimson Lake livery just because I asked. He's extremely generous!!

[IMG][/IMG]

It's been five years since then, and Gary's LMS Locos still dominate my fleet on the GCR. The Royal Scots, Jubilees and Patriots run expresses from Leicester to Sheffield, the Stanier 2Ps and 4Ps work the commuter trains out of Nottingham and the the 8Fs and Black Fives manage the heavy freights from Woodford Halse. I've never seen a need to get replacements for them because they dont need replacing. They've withstood the test of time and still look outstanding even in TRS19. They are like the Western and Southern locomotives that Chrisaw has done over the years - they are quite timeless and can be used in any era of the simulator.

I'm a bit sad that there aren't too many new locos from GP anymore. I would loved to have seen what an Ivatt Class 4 "Doodlebug" would have looked like. Regardless, the engines are and always will be a purchase well worth the money.

Thanks for all these fine locos Gary. I hope you are doing okay.
    Tanker46

Member of TCWW - Developer of the Brighton Project

I agree with Tanker46 and KotangaGirl, those GP locomotives are pretty good. Note to self, must give his Stanier 2-6-4T a SR touch, The Southern Region had a few ex LMR tanks, forced to give them back to the LMR in the end for rubbish D5xxx.

Cheers, evilcrow

Wow evilcrow. I particularly like the second screenshot in the fog.

My own humble offering. A Fowler 7F enters Bromsgrove from the south with a train of empty coal wagons.

Narcolepsy is not napping.

The Fairburns!!

That was the other LMS locomotive I was hoping he'd do! Thanks Evilcrow!!

Actually, the Southern Fairburns were never loaned to the Southern Region, they were built in-shop at Brighton Locomotive Works in two batches. Once the diesels and EMUs started taking over, they were shipped to the LM Region since it was the last region of BR to hold onto steam locomotives. The Southern Region was the second to last region to shut down steam (partially due to the popularity of steam traction on the Southwestern section of the network) and the Fairburns were extremely popular. Brighton tried to hold onto theirs as long as they could.

The only thing I didn't like about them was that they displaced the LBSCR E5s from commuter services. I'm an enormous fan of the Large Radials so its a bit sad to know that such fine engines were the death knell for the hardworking 0-6-2Ts
    Tanker46

Experiments with banking trains on Lickey.

Tanker46 - Thanks for your appreciation of Dearnby and District. Credit should also go to my patner-in-crime Lataxe Ludd, who in fact suggested the whole thing.
    Some more random images:
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Member of trainz-carriage-wagon-works

Always good to see more of Dearnby and District Neville.

Really good weathering on the locos and great lighting effects. Is this TANE or TRS19? I can't seem to get the lighting as good in the latter as I did in the former.

Paul

Paul - I'm pretty sure they're all TANE except the fourth one of the Stanier tank which is in TRS19. You can probably spot the difference. My own take is that, although you can get decent lighting in TRS19 it can't achieve the same general colour saturation of TANE. It is especially problematic looking towards the sun, where the glare kicks in in a very unbritish way.

Lickey again.

Excellent shots of Dearnby Neville! Those texture weatherings really bring out the best of Gary's locomotives!!

That's actually one of the things I like most about Dearnby to be honest. You can find tons of excuses to run GWR, LMS, and SR stock all on the same map because of how the route is set up. I might get away with running the occasional B1 or V2 though!

My current version of the route is in TRS19 and is centered on a Pre-Grouping time period with the LSWR being the primary railway running the line. The GWR is secondary with the LNWR having minor running rights. I run a Grouping Era version of the route in TANE but with Ed's new locos TRS19 only and his Drummond Coaching Stock lacking SR liveries I have to update to fit what's available!
    Tanker46

Cheers, evilcrow

Excellent shots of the Rebuilt West County Evilcrow!! Out for a parcels run eh? It's amazing how good Jayholland's 4-6-2s look after all these years!

Some actual screenshots for once! Dearnby and District in TRS19. Bear with me as I haven't finished updating the assets to Pre-Grouping era yet so it might be quite a bit inaccurate...

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    Tanker46

Ed's new LSWR coaches are looking very fine indeed Tanker. Love the screenshot of the LSWR 'Paddlebox'.

More snaps of a Fowler 4F at work on Lickey.

Thanks Tanker46, KotangaGirl - it's always fascinating to see how routes get used once they're sent out into the world.
    Beautiful screenshots evilcrow!