UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

re last pics from KotangaGirl

Annie, very nice in the snow those locos, they look mighty fine indeed.

aKP Somewhere ScR (a WIP)

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Cheers, evilcrow

Speaking of 'mighty fine' you've posted three excellent screenshots yourself Ken.

This thread has been so quiet lately I was starting to get worried that everyone had been kidnapped by aliens.

I've been busy route building, and it's nearly ready for launch :)

As usual this thread has some mighty fine shots in it to provide inspiration.

Annie, 2 weeks ago my little bungalow was surrounded by the white stuff and it was very, very cold, all very pretty until it thaws and makes a mess.
Didn't bother me though, being a hermit with a PC :)

Here's a taster of my little route with masontaylor's wee BnB cottages..
No PBR or TFX used.

New-Route..soon.jpg

Very nice indeed Graham. I love all the detailing around the houses.

More from 'A Kentish Winter'. Trains passing at Northiam station.

l9dCRdA.jpg

'Northiam' (the engine of that name) heads towards Robertsbridge.

ySVeBKt.jpg

Last edited:
Nice shots Annie :)

I've been busy making a Mill and Factory unit out of masontaylor's factory kit parts.

A little Holden tank shoving some BR vans around to the loading bay..

Mawford-Mill-and-Factory.jpg

The imposing fascade of the Mill..

The-Fascade-of-Mawford-Mill-and-Factory.jpg

Mill and worker's houses..

Mill-and-workers-houses.jpg

Last edited:
2019-02-16010042pikhi.jpg

Epo

Thanks for using it!

Again I'm wondering if it's looking just a bit dark for a rural setting: I was really thinking of heavily smoke-ridden Scottish Central Belt industrial areas when I was preparing that particular texture.

Not a problem though - once I've fought my way through another set of configs, I'll make a (slightly) lighter set in the same stone.

Cheers,

m

masontaylor, thank you for those (slightly) lighter Old Factory Kit 5 :),

and very nice Pictures all.

Greetings

Epo:)

Last edited:
Masontaylor's factory kits are a great gift to the Trainz community. I'm using the old factory kit in a beta brick version at Windweather Harbour (Norfolk) and the buildings are just plain amazing.

That is one huge mill complex Graham. A real touch of the 'Dark Satanic' going on there.

And the 'old' series of kit buildings look great in your rural location Epo.

I love the 'unperturbed passing of giants' vibe you have going on in your latest screenshot Ken.

A little bit of a fictional layout of mine I started on after getting an inspiration from KotangaGirl's fictional wagon line. The line is a sleepy village route in former LBSCR Territory.

cY5v7Rv.jpg
[/IMG]
m1TyvvE.jpg
[/IMG]
oIaND3q.jpg
[/IMG]
K9cxbfN.jpg
[/IMG]

Tanker46

All good fun Tanker. Fictional railways are fun, but once a proper history and reason for their existence is sorted out they can be just as demanding to do properly as a real world prototype line. I don't recognise the Southern 0-6-2 tank engine, - who made that one?

[Image omitted]
masontaylor, thank you for those (slightly) lighter Old Factory Kit 5 :),

and very nice Pictures all.

Greetings

Epo:)

Its my pleasure, Epo. Thanks for showing off the new version, which looks much happier in those beautifully crafted surroundings than the original did.

At some point there'll be at least one more (totally different) stone texture, though I need to admit that I need to be in exactly the right frame of mind before facing the all day marathon required to set up the epic config. and new sets of descriptions and thumbnails, and there's still another brick version to deal with before that, too.

Cheers,

m

All good fun Tanker. Fictional railways are fun, but once a proper history and reason for their existence is sorted out they can be just as demanding to do properly as a real world prototype line. I don't recognise the Southern 0-6-2 tank engine, - who made that one?

Oh yes! I totally agree with that. I only had one non-fictional route on the go and that is the railways around Warszaw, including Zachodnia to Wschodnia. It became so frustrating because of my inabilty to find/create the correct buildings. It's in my archives for now as a track only route and will resurface (eventually) as a different project in TRS19. It could even end up as a huge fictional UK route, too many hours spent on it to bin it.
Every other route I am making/have made is from my over-active imagination.
I now rely on the talents of asset creators to enable me to improve my route workflow.

Meanwhile, here's a teaser of my small UK route that is near completion..
There are no PBR textures used, just high quality 'normal' ones.

Goods-yard.jpg

Thanks Anne! I've never done something fictional like this do it's good to know that it's getting along well.

The 0-6-2T is a SR E1R Class made by Knucklesnvector. I'm pretty sure it's on the DLS in SR and BR liveries. It's a small line so the lonely E1R operates the line on it's own, but the workloads are getting heavier so the "management" has put in a request to the SR for another locomotive - let's hope it goes through! ;)

R3JfJgp.jpg
[/IMG]
cWJfXBW.jpg
[/IMG]
PmI7U7G.jpg
[/IMG]
9aQuEN9.jpg
[/IMG]
7TmFAzP.jpg
[/IMG]
n88AAh9.jpg
[/IMG]

Tanker46

Last edited:
That's a very nice goods yard Graham. It looks busy with lots of interesting details too.

Thanks Tanker, - I didn't know knucklesnvector made an E1R, but then I've not had a lot to do with SR routes except for angelah's Hayling island and mrfibbles's Bodiam and Wadebridge (North Cornwall).

If I may offer some advice Anne - If you are running mrfibbles's Cornwall Route, then the E1R would be perfect for it. Richard Maunsell rebuilt them from LBSCR E1s for the sole purpose of operating in the regions of North Devon and Cornwall that needed some decent locomotives to handle the operations there.

New photographs - Although the SR has been pressed for locomotive allocations lately, Dover Marine was able to spare one of their SECR P Class's to help with the freight work along the route. The traffic is still increasing due to a new extension from Fellham to the SR mainline, but the SR has guaranteed another locomotive for them by the end of the year.

lbpqI4s.jpg
[/IMG]
Uei9iNU.jpg
[/IMG]
DNj82IJ.jpg
[/IMG]

Tanker46

Excellent Run of a Maunsell V Class, Ardaeshir. It know its a little out of place, but that Schools Class looks splendid pulling those Stanier Carriages! :)

Tanker46

Mason Taylor's latest factory creations...

Not as imposing as my previous mill fascade, but still grandiose.

Mawford-Mill-1.jpg

Mawford-Mill-3.jpg

I just love nooks and crannies....

Mawford-Mill-4.jpg

Back