UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

Excellent screenshots Tanker and PLP. I've spent the past couple of days trying to fix the mess SP4 made of my TRS19 install. In the end I had to delete it all and go back to SP3. Fortunately due to being obsessive about doing back ups I didn't lose anything.

I'm still working on the Foden geared locos and I've nearly got the sound files how I want them to be. It's certainly been an interesting experience making a sound file for a single cylinder geared locomotive.

b6gs7CY.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for letting me know about SP4 btw. Now I know to wait until they fix all the kinks out of it before updating!

That soundfile creation seems like a project in and of itself Annie.

I've never messed around with Soundfiles or Engine Specs to be honest. It's something really interesting to me but I don't have the time to delve into it.

Either way, the Foden loco is going to be a fine addition to the tramway. It will certainly turn the heads of the residents living there!! :hehe:

I think SP4 might be Ok if it's done as a clean new install Tanker, but if you've got routes or assets that are a WIP and you're still working on it's best to stay with SP3. Once they get dropped into SP4 and worked on there you can't take them back to SP3 if anything goes wrong. I also had a lot of assets suddenly become faulty when they were fine before in SP3. Even DLC routes aren't immune to this happening so after spending a day trying to fix things and getting very frustrated I deleted it all and went back to SP3.

There's some things about sound files that none of the available documentation tells you about so it was a bit of an adventure into the unknown. I ended up with a kind of cut and paste assembly of odd sound clips, but it all seems to work Ok. The engine spec is now telling the boiler to make good steam, but the tricky bit has been sorting out the Foden's brakes to find the realistic sweet spot somewhere between a sports car crash stop or taking several hundred yards to come to a stand.

At Hopewood on Sea.

WS7znHA.jpg

Note to self, show more steam!

And in that spirit, here we see a steam special to Swanage waiting at Wareham.

A standard 4 tank you say? No! An Ivatt 2MT, 41312 which used to frequent the Swanage branch in BR days - until a 4MT makes an appearance this is as close as we can get! Still a good little loco to drive:
rr9XdpL.jpg

Seen from the disused 'up' bay platform that the SR will hopefully one day reclaim:
3IFE8uH.jpg

9xKQcVn.jpg

Cheers,

PLP

1918 - A NER P3 with Coal Train Approaching Ferryhill

A shot from TRS2019 SP4 with a NER P3 0-6-0 hauling coal towards Ferryhill.

By 1918 the process of altering the P3 Class (LNER J27) to shaped windows, as fitted to the T2 (LNER Q6) had begun. Although almost all had been changed by the grouping it would be down to the LNER to complete it and even then it would take until WWII to finally happen.

Annie know what you mean the french routes that come with everything now have symbols in them in the menu to check them ... what a pain

Love that cab view just fantastic

Tom

#4808. Wow Frank you have SP4 up and running properly, - how did you manage that?

#4807. I am continually amazed at how realistic Swanage appears to be PLP.

#4809. Thanks Tom. The Foden is lots of fun to drive and the view from the footplate is a big part of that.
The only thing that bugged me about TRS19 SP3 was the rubber string asset height tool controls using the Shift and Ctrl keys. The portals not working properly was a pain as well, but I've done away with all those now. Patching to SP3 from SP1 was surprisingly painless with hardly anything needing to be fixed. I wish I could say the same for SP4.

Hi all,

Recently I have taken a keen interest into the events leading up to 11 August 1968, and with a Stanier Black Five in the waiting list to be released on my site (alongside an LSWR T1, but who really cares about that haha) which includes the numbers of the Black Fives involved with the 15 Guinea Special (Nos. 45110, 44781 and 44871).

In anticipation for this, here is a shot of Britannia No. 70013 "Oliver Cromwell" on its leg of the railtour, over the Settle & Carlisle line.

Thanks,
Connor.

unknown.png

Spending too much time asleep lately, but I did manage to spend some time running trains at Foxhollow on my alternative Norfolk layout.

MGjX3cN.jpg

MPRcw6k.jpg

Indeed, Ken. Wish I was good at taking screenshots… ah, but trying is far better than just doing nothing, now isn’t it?

Nice shot Annie, the angle is just right. a proper lineside shot.

Cheers, Ken

Thanks Ken. When out hunting for good screenshots with my virtual Box Brownie my rule of thumb is to try as much as possible to aim the camera at the eye level height of a Trainz person. I particularly like doing over the fence or over the hedge lineside snaps since it feels like I'm really there taking the picture.

More Foden geared locomotive snaps. The Foden now has an official H.T.Co. number and I also sorted out attachment points for the GER lamp code for single line working; - and yes that is a red lamp to the front. After the grouping and the formation of the LNER that lot up north fell about in shock over GER lamp codes, but to my mind red over white to the front makes a lot of sense for single line working.
I still have to do some handrails and footsteps for the Foden, but not today as I'm sleepy.

ENCywUu.jpg

pVdTwAh.jpg

Very nice indeed. I do quite like the shaders that you’ve used for that route. Far better than the “everything has fifty lightbulbs shining on it” thing that TS19 has going on with its sky. (I still don’t own the game, I’m going off others’s screenshots.)

coming along nicely Annie

Tom

Thanks Tom. I've since done the footsteps/footboards to help the crew to get into the cab and now I need to figure out how to do the handrails.

Very nice indeed. I do quite like the shaders that you’ve used for that route. Far better than the “everything has fifty lightbulbs shining on it” thing that TS19 has going on with its sky. (I still don’t own the game, I’m going off others’s screenshots.)

Thanks, it's been a real learning curve with teaching myself how to adjust the environmental lighting settings to stop or reduce that 'sun gone supernova' appearance that TS2019 tends to have. SP3 is a little better in that regard than the earlier versions of TS2019, but it's still an annoyance having to deal with it.

Hi all,

Recently I have taken a keen interest into the events leading up to 11 August 1968, and with a Stanier Black Five in the waiting list to be released on my site (alongside an LSWR T1, but who really cares about that haha) which includes the numbers of the Black Fives involved with the 15 Guinea Special (Nos. 45110, 44781 and 44871).

In anticipation for this, here is a shot of Britannia No. 70013 "Oliver Cromwell" on its leg of the railtour, over the Settle & Carlisle line.

Thanks,
Connor.

Interesting picture - assuming the Britannia is the SnC version, I'm wondering about the Mk1s behind the loco.

Paul

EX SECR C No592
This loco is working today with pre grouping coaches & can be seen on the Bluebell Railway webcams. I know there is some interest on this thread as it sometimes appears on Sctreenshots/

Interesting picture - assuming the Britannia is the SnC version, I'm wondering about the Mk1s behind the loco.

Paul

I can answer that for you Paul. They are the same ones my friend John made that I posted a while back. Excellent models that go well with locos from any region of BR.

That said, I definitely cate about your T1 Connor. I have the beta version you put out and it's made a nice little home for itself on my Pre-Grouping version of Dearnby and District.

Back