UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

Tanker you're right about the N15x, I nearly used one.

These screenshots started off as an experiment on the Dearnby route 4 track section, trying to suggest the LSWR low pressure automatic signals between Woking and Basingstoke. At the same time testing how the bumpenv material looks on my on/off standard 5 build, and also the old Lord Nelson in TRS2019.
view_media_post

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

I think the LN looks ok for its age, but I can't see the view details tab in the driver rules to set the lamps and headboards. Has that been dropped from 2019?
Chris.

Good shots Annie, Chris and tanker.

I have been doing a bit of work on bufferbeam numbers for N.E.R. locos as a consequence of a query by another trainz member.
this has stepped up the accuracy somewhat, so thanks to them for their query.
Here are the results on Paul's 901 Class 2-4-0.

These screenshots started off as an experiment on the Dearnby route 4 track section, trying to suggest the LSWR low pressure automatic signals between Woking and Basingstoke. At the same time testing how the bumpenv material looks on my on/off standard 5 build, and also the old Lord Nelson in TRS2019.
view_media_post

I think the LN looks ok for its age, but I can't see the view details tab in the driver rules to set the lamps and headboards. Has that been dropped from 2019?
Chris.

I couldn't tell that your Standard 5 was an older model. It looks marvelous in TRS2019. I'm

I think that the bumpenv is working well. The 5MT is giving off a PBR-like shine and the Lord Nelson is getting texture enhancement in all the right places. :DI am not sure about the tabs to change headcodes for the Lord Nelson. I downloaded the one off of the DLS and it doesn't offer the option to do so. Neither do any of your other locomotives I have in my collection.

I am excited to hear about your low pressure signal experimentation. I adore your LSWR and LBSCR signals and I hope you will continue to make them in the future. I am still working on my Brighton Route and the Woking area would definitely benefit from such signals.

EI80Ynv.jpg
[/IMG]

<pictures snipped>

Chris.
The 'View Details' tab is still working here on my old engines in TRS19 SP3 Chris. Nice screenshots by the way.

TJ7tZ85.jpg

Last edited:
[FONT=&quot]Good shots Annie, Chris and tanker.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I have been doing a bit of work on bufferbeam numbers for N.E.R. locos as a consequence of a query by another trainz member.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]this has stepped up the accuracy somewhat, so thanks to them for their query.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Here are the results on Paul's 901 Class 2-4-0.[/FONT]

Looks good Frank. Nothing says pre-grouping era like buffer beam numbers do. They can sometimes be a pain to do, but I think it's worth it.

Re post #4023 chrisaw
Hello Chris, right click on the loco in driver mode and it brings up the HTML screen for the headboards and discs as per screenshot. If you have the F5 keyboard button pressed it will not show, therefore press F5 again.
Excellent screenshots everybody, I wish I could get to grips with TRS19, it's blurryness cheeses me off.

Cheers, evilcrow

Excellent screenshots everybody, I wish I could get to grips with TRS19, it's blurryness cheeses me off.

It's a tricky balance Ken. Get rid of the harsh 'supernova' light in favour of a more natural colour balance and everything gets a softer edge and starts to look blurry. I had to change the Summer sky I was using in TS2012 for a more cloudy one in TRS19 to help balance out the light. I keep fog to a minimum and have the shader effects on a low setting which looks nice enough in Driver, but it's definitely a lot trickier to take a decent looking screenshot. I'm not running a top of the range graphics card because I'd have upgrade my power supply as well as the graphics card and I don't want to do that at the moment.

MHPG2so.jpg

Thanks for the info Ken,
It took a while to get a screenshot as I had to make my own route disc.

I like the screenshot Tanker, but I see a mis-match between the gantry and dolls. I thought I had made LSWR signals with that configuration for the cantilever gantry.
I'm pretty sure I removed scripts from my other locos, but the attachment points are probably still in the mesh.

Chris.

re post #4031 chrisaw
LSWR sigs (and other ones) from you are always welcome. That BR Standard 5 looks pretty good.

re post #4029 KotangaGirl
Thanks for the tip Annie.
re post #4030 clekev
Top notch screenshot, you seem to have mastered TRS19.

Learning curve TRS19

Cheers, Ken

re post #4030 clekev
Top notch screenshot, you seem to have mastered TRS19.
Cheers, Ken

Thanks Ken, not sure about 'mastered' though! If I have any talent at all it lies simply in arranging excellent content made by others in a photogenic manner! TS19's lighting is much better than earlier versions, and part of the secret seems to lie in selecting a sky that brings out the best in other assets. Trees in this version, as in other recent versions, are a huge problem. Close up, they are pretty good, but as distance from the camera increases most dissolve into two-tone green blots, which is a shame. If we could get something as simple but impressive as Trunda's old 'billboard' trees with TS19 lighting, things would be greatly on the up! Otherwise, on my low-ish spec computer at least, keeping a 'minimalist' approach to detail, and the view short (hence the hills) seems to help....
Yes, I do remember this is a screenshot thread, so...

Andy
[Edit: Bl**dy lamps - oops]

Last edited:

Trees are a big problem in TRS19 as so many that were fine in earlier versions just don't look any good any more or are else trashed completely. The handful that are left that render properly are vey small. I'm having a horrible job sorting out the trees on my Norfolk layout due to the range of useable trees being so poor; - and nobody makes a poplar tree that can survive being installed into SP3 without having its textures fried out or else turned into badly painted cardboard. The official Speedtree poplars look like the strangest poplars I've ever seen despite being TRS19 proof, - and where I live here in the rural countryside we have hundreds if not thousands of poplar trees so I know what a poplar should look like.

Yours is more shiny than mine!
Chris.

Shiny isn't everything Chris. In TRS19 'shiny' is a big problem that's hard to keep under control due to on-going problems with environmental lighting. In SP3 it's getting better, but it's got a way to go yet.

Last edited:
Re post # 4034 clekev
Hello Andy another 'master shot' , as for trees try those by clam1952, he has some TANE versions as well.
re post # 4033 chrisaw
Hello Chris,
I used IMEditor to experiment with the colour settings and changed the textures from 'onetex' to 'reflect' and added the env_metal texture to the mix.

BR Class 22 DH by tmz06003 now on the DLS.
Many thanks, shown here in TANE

Cheers, Ken

Lots of great screenshots lately. I particularly like some of Clekev's with the hilly landscape.

I used IMEditor to experiment with the colour settings and changed the textures from 'onetex' to 'reflect' and added the env_metal texture to the mix.

Onetex always looks rubbish for locos in TS19 as it loses any semblance of shine it had in previous versions - you can just about get away with it for carriages, wagons and scenery as they aren't generally as shiny in real life. Reflect is better, but if you want a legacy material type that looks good in TS19 you're best off using one with a normal map. tbumptex looks ok but tbumpenv will give the best results. Theoretically tbumpgloss is an option, but I've heard that there are problems with using it in TS19. Of course if you really want to take advantage of TS19 the only real solution is to use PBR materials, but this can't be achieved using im meshes.

As for trees, I like the RMM series of speed trees.

One problem I struck with some old models that used 'Reflect' Ed was they ended up with a strange shiny sheen full of white outs and moiré effects in TRS19. I've got them setup with 'onetex' at the moment and for my oldest locos from TS2004 they are looking reasonably good, but some of the others are looking a bit too dull. I'll give 'thumptex' a go when I have a spare moment and see if that improves things.
'Thumpgloss' is a disaster in TRS19 and makes locos look like they are made out of melting jelly and are about to leave puddles behind them everywhere they go.

I like the rmm series of trees too, but the lighter green ones seem to have some odd things going on with their lod where they fade out the closer you approach them.

EDIT: It wasn't the RMM trees fading out it was the pofig ones that were doing that. So far the RMM series of trees have done pretty much what I want and have been really great.

Last edited:
Re post # 4034 clekev
Hello Andy another 'master shot' , as for trees try those by clam1952, he has some TANE versions as well.
re post # 4033 chrisaw
Hello Chris,

BR Class 22 DH by tmz06003 now on the DLS.
Many thanks, shown here in TANE

<picture snipped>

Cheers, Ken

A 'Baby Warship', - nice. I shall have to go and have a look at that. Looks like it's a proper green one too.

Trees are a big problem in TRS19 as so many that were fine in earlier versions just don't look any good any more or are else trashed completely. The handful that are left that render properly are vey small. I'm having a horrible job sorting out the trees on my Norfolk layout due to the range of useable trees being so poor; - and nobody makes a poplar tree that can survive being installed into SP3 without having its textures fried out or else turned into badly painted cardboard. The official Speedtree poplars look like the strangest poplars I've ever seen despite being TRS19 proof, - and where I live here in the rural countryside we have hundreds if not thousands of poplar trees so I know what a poplar should look like.

Shiny isn't everything Chris. In TRS19 'shiny' is a big problem that's hard to keep under control due to on-going problems with environmental lighting. In SP3 it's getting better, but it's got a way to go yet.

I see you all guys/girls delivering good quality when fixing older contents with newer m.tbumpenv (etc.) textures. Are there any tutorials somewhere how to do it? And maybe easier with gmax compared to IM Editor? I have still stuck to gmax while creating some trains, due to the lack of time and big archive of exchangeable components.

I haven't found any yet... keep up the good work!

Kind regards,
Rutger

Back