UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

That is a very nice collection of signal boxes Tanker and certainly none of them could be called 'generic' by any measure.

In addition, I have noticed the same problem with all of Decapod's tender locos. The SECR O1 is no longer appearing. Guess I might have to commission one from Camscott now!

Well I have tried everything I can think of and repaired every warning I could that CM had thrown up for the Dean Goods. It will now show itself in the 'Preview Asset' window and it's visible in Surveyor, but is still stubbornly invisible in Driver. I thought I was onto a winner when I changed out the mesh for the one from the BR version, but all that did was make the model visible in Preview and Surveyor. I am totally stumped and I don't know what to do from here.

BVv4P6R.jpg

re post #4658 SRKing783
Hello SRk, The V2 is on the DLS and is by Trainboi1, the version in my shot is by PaulSW2 from the original by Trainboi1 https://www.jatws.org/paulsw2/paulsw2.html
There seems to be a problem with the download link at the moment.
The leading vehicle is by "mick10" BR MK1 GUV maroon (lined), the rest are by "andio6" look for LNER Gresley; all are on the DLS .
re post 4659 Dermmy
Thanks Andy. Your Dintdale perfect lighting I must say.
re posts #4660/4662 KotangaGirl
Thanks for the compliment Annie. Moxbury looking good and well done on the Dean Goods in getting it to work.
re post #4662 Tanker46
Looks like a "big thank you" is in order for the SR signal boxes.

STILL IN TANE

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Cheers, Ken

That is a very nice collection of signal boxes Tanker and certainly none of them could be called 'generic' by any measure.

Well I have tried everything I can think of and repaired every warning I could that CM had thrown up for the Dean Goods. It will now show itself in the 'Preview Asset' window and it's visible in Surveyor, but is still stubbornly invisible in Driver. I thought I was onto a winner when I changed out the mesh for the one from the BR version, but all that did was make the model visible in Preview and Surveyor. I am totally stumped and I don't know what to do from here.

BVv4P6R.jpg

Yes. I can understand that pain. I tried the same thing with the SR and BR body meshes for the O1 and the best I could do was get it in surveyor.

The O1 was one of the first locos I downloaded off the DLS. I spent dozens of hours running it back and forth on my many routes. It makes me sad to have to admit it but the O1 has finally met its match. I really don't see another way to get this one back in game so the best I can do is retire it, put it to the side and give it a standing ovation for managing to entertain my many projects for so long.

It seems Edh6 was right about Trainz moving towards PBR, nothing lasts forever.

re post #4662 Tanker46

Thank you Ken. I took a page out of the book of our Route Extraordinare Borderreiver and decided to ask Paul about getting some buildings made for the route. Not only was he super supportive, he's been cranking out one Signalbox after another since our first transaction.

Anyone else who is struggling to find specific assets, I highly recommend Paulz Trainz. His buildings are top notch and they look good in every iteration of the game thus far. My route currently is in TRS19 and they look great in it for sure!!

Last edited:
re post #4658 SRKing783
Hello SRk, The V2 is on the DLS and is by Trainboi1, the version in my shot is by PaulSW2 from the original by Trainboi1 https://www.jatws.org/paulsw2/paulsw2.html
The leading vehicle is by "mick10" BR MK1 GUV maroon (lined), the rest are by "andio6" look for LNER Gresley; all are on the DLS .
re post 4659 Dermmy
Thanks for the compliment Annie. Moxbury looking good and well done on the Dean Goods in getting it to work.
re post #4662 Tanker46

STILL IN TANE

Cheers, Ken

Don't get me wrong, I do like the shot. However, I do have to ask: how'd you get a headcode to appear on the A5? I ask this because the model didn't seem to come with headcodes when I bought it

re post #4658 SRKing783
re post 4659 Dermmy
re post #4662 Tanker46

STILL IN TANE

Cheers, Ken

All the links on paulsw2's page should be working and are for me at the moment. The web site did have some problems but these should now be resolved. You may have to refresh the page (F5) to get the correct links.

Cheerio John

Thank you Ken. I took a page out of our Route Extraordinare Borderreiver and decided to ask Paul about getting some buildings made for the route. Not only was he super supportive, he's been cranking out one Signalbox after another since our first transaction.

Anyone else who is struggling to find specific assets, I highly recommend Paulz Trainz. His buildings are top notch and they look good in every iteration of the game thus far. My route currently is in TRS19 and they look great in it for sure!!

Now there's a thought. I have drawings for an assortment of 19th century GWR and associated companies goods sheds that I would really like to see on the DLS.

Yes. I can understand that pain. I tried the same thing with the SR and BR body meshes for the O1 and the best I could do was get it in surveyor.

The O1 was one of the first locos I downloaded off the DLS. I spent dozens of hours running it back and forth on my many routes. It makes me sad to have to admit it but the O1 has finally met its match. I really don't see another way to get this one back in game so the best I can do is retire it, put it to the side and give it a standing ovation for managing to entertain my many projects for so long.

Tanker, I have been able to fix the Dean Goods and get it working properly in TRS19. If you like I'll have a look at the O1 and see what can be done with it.

Thanks Ken. I had to consult with some of the wise ones on the forum and they were able to give me some clues as to where the problems might lie. Definitely one of this forum's strengths is the knowledgeable members who are always willing to share what they know.

And now the proof of the pudding.

Moxbury has connections into the mysterious West so engines from a number of different companies are often seen in the yards.

Dean Goods No. 2576 prepares to leave Moxbury's goods yard in charge of a mixed train of wagons.

t2wIpji.jpg

And now we're off. The engine spec I used might be just a bit too much of a good thing, but that should be an easy fix.

agLOVps.jpg

Out into the open countryside and easy running all the way to the hidden return loops about two and a half miles away.

84iThn2.jpg

re post #4667 hholdenaz

The A5 needs a lamp script and config additions to make the lamp/headcodes appear, Luckily the attachment points are already entered on the loco.
You need to copy the script from one of skipper1945's locos, heres one you can try <kuid2:116296:82232:3>
I would suggest working on a clone of the A5; open up the loco and place the script, it does not need any special folder.
Next carry out the config alterations/additions as per screenshot, when done commit.
If you get problems have a look at the skipper1945 loco config for an idea (it may differ slightly).
You may also want to add coal and water, interior and a shadow mesh.

Cheers, evilcrow

On how many other Camscott engines will this work? I wanted to put headcodes on his older engines, but I wasn't sure if I had to add new attachments myself.

It seems Edh6 was right about Trainz moving towards PBR, nothing lasts forever.

Tanker, here is decapod.'s SE&CR O1 in TRS19 SP3. I had to do much the same fixes as I did for the Dean Goods. I'll have a look at the SR and BR versions and see if I can bring them back from the dead as well.

h6XtIPL.jpg

Last edited:
Tanker, here is decapod.'s SE&CR O1 in TRS19 SP3. I had to do much the same fixes as I did for the Dean Goods. I'll have a look at the SR and BR versions and see if I can bring them back from the dead as well.

h6XtIPL.jpg

Looks excellent Annie! Thank you for going through the trouble of reviving them! :D

Looks like I'll have to add "Asset Conjuration" to your long list of impressive Trainz skills! :hehe:

Looks excellent Annie! Thank you for going through the trouble of reviving them! :D

Looks like I'll have to add "Asset Conjuration" to your long list of impressive Trainz skills! :hehe:

Thanks Tanker, you're far too kind. The main problem was that the engine spec for both the Dean Goods and the O1 was completely broken in TRS19 SP3, though that was a fairly easy fix as there are several perfectly good engine specs that are excellent replacements. The other faults involved a bit more work with the errors in the LM file not exactly being blindingly obvious.
Paul from the Repair Group has added the O1 to their list so hopefully it won't be too long before officially fixed versions are available on the DLS.

pic deleted

Looks good Annie, who needs PBR!

Rob.

Thanks Rob. I have a number of older locomotive models for trains that look very nice indeed in TRS19 SP3 so I often find myself asking that exact same question.

Back