UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

Great screenshots everyone,but indeed was that event dreadful in NZ,but for screenshots (I was playing around with the new TRS2019 camera options.) I will leave it at three since the weather where I am is bad making my internet slow...
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

I also have managed to get a lighting setup that satisfies me to...

re all recent posts, a lot of good work from all displayed here.

Terrible news from NZ today, I hope you are OK KotangaGirl.

evilcrow

Yes I'm Ok Ken, - thanks for asking. Everyone here is really shocked though because this is the first time anything like this has happened in New Zealand.

re posts #1887 IanOHoseason and #1888 amigacooke.

Thank you gentlemen for your kind words.

I look forward to your route Ian, great stuff.

Amigacooke, it's an era I wish I could return to.

aKP Somewhere ScR (a WIP)

Cheers, evilcrow

Great shot. Looks like the shed fitters may need to do some gland tightening. I can almost smell the aromas of hot oil, coal smoke and wet steam.

Re post #1890 borderreiver

Thank you for the compliment borderreiver , no steam leaks from 60100 in the next shot.

Cheers, evilcrow

Awesome shots of the N5 and A3 Ken! I can almost feel the smoke coming off these locomotives!

More from the MSWJR: I haven't gotten to your level yet, but the telephoto shots are becoming a serious interest to me!

RHB4wjC.jpg
[/IMG]
Az4gEdF.jpg
[/IMG]
5axpKWl.jpg
[/IMG]
Zs5EYSM.jpg
[/IMG]

Tanker46

re post #1895 Tanker46

Thank you for the compliment, Tanker46. Using the zoom makes a difference. I was told about it by one of the USA Trainzers, I forget whom.
Try also the 'Post-Processing Settings' in Developer.

Of interest to you will be the March issue of the UK railway magazine 'BackTrack', a digital copy is available upon payment.

Here's the link............... https://pocketmags.com/backtrack-magazine#popup1

Cheers, evilcrow.

The March issue of "Backtrack" also has a fine article by Bob Essery regarding his model of a Midland Railway era goods yard in scale 7 at the fictional location of Dewsbury High. The article includes good shots of a model shire horse in harness (with chains) and handler shunting wagons, a capstan and wagon turntables, with a busy domestic coal yard. There is also an excellent shot of an open goods wagon model fitted with a detailed MR tarpaulin sheet with lashings shown. Horse shunting, goods yard capstans and detailed tarpaulins are all valid paths for some R&D in Trainz.

Thanks Ken! The article was very interesting! To be honest the only engine that frequented the MSWJR that I dont have rostered is the Maunsell Q Class. I am working on a model of one but its hit a snag as I cant model the firebox shape properly. Maybe one day though! :)

Tanker46

Last edited:
A lovely screenshot evilcrow. So much attention to detail in the modelled landscape.

And from the less amazing department. I gave Edinburgh & Glasgow No.1 a dust off and gave it a run about on the Lynn to Hunstanton line.

Q5RiBtL.jpg

utqx2WZ.jpg

Hi Kotangagirl - I see No.1 merely has a weatherplate for protection rather than a cab. I recall a story relating to the Stainmore route across the wild pennines during the 1850s/1860s that the Chief Engineer at the time proposed to replace the weatherplates with roofed cabs on engines working over this exposed moorland line, where conditions could be atrocious, even in summer. The footplate crew would have "no truck" with such assaults upon their manliness, an insinuation that they required such "coddling"!!! As a consequence the company did not revisit the issue for something like over twenty years! What such rugged fellows would have thought of their great-great grandchildren accepting the LNER fitting tender cabs to some Stainmore engines for running tender first would possibly be unprintable!!

Back