Page 170 of 177 FirstFirst ... 70120160168169170171172 ... LastLast
Results 2,536 to 2,550 of 2649

Thread: UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

Quote Originally Posted by euromodeller View Post
    BTW, this route is unique, I don't think anyone has made one like it before, I'll show some more shots next week as work progresses.
    To see why this route is unique, have a look at this thread..

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/show...44#post1803744
    Graham.

Quote Originally Posted by borderreiver View Post
    Good stuff Annie. I have the digital PW gangs out laying track and you have the digital S&T fellows out on the line. Ah the arcane mysteries of calling on arms, repeating distants and split distants..........
    Fortunately (touch wood) I now have all the trackwork laid on my Norfolk layout Frank so it's now doing all the fine tuning with getting the train services to run properly which involves fettling signals so that various essential movements can occur without ending up with engines facing each other off buffer to buffer. After that there is lots of scenic work that's only basically sketched out at the moment that needs finishing properly.

You seem to be having a good run with finishing things off as well which is perhaps one benefit of having to stay home during the present crisis.
    Narcolepsy is not napping.

Great track-side visuals Annie! Looks like TS12 really works for you.

Thanks Colin. I often find myself wondering why I even bother with the later versions of Trainz since TS2012 does all that I want. My copy of TS2019 has all DLC and payware assets disabled and I only use assets made up to build 3.7 so I run it like it's 64 bit TS2012, but even then I still prefer the original.

Default ECML 1913 - The train in the landscape

A shot of a North Eastern Railway Wilson Worsdell P2 Class 0-6-0 doing the job it was designed to do, hauling coal across the company's network in the north east of England. Here, pre-WWI with the company in its seventh decade, it is at the height of its powers.

Yes you have very much captured 'the train in the landscape' look Frank. All the scenic work you've being doing lately is coming together very nicely.

A return to my M&GNJR layout after ignoring it for too long. Trains can run, but there's still a lot of scenic and detailing work to do.
    The M&GNJR sheeted wagons are beta version ones that I haven't uploaded to the DLS yet because I'm not completely happy with them.

I'm seeing if I can make a proper transition to TS2019. These screenshots are from angelah's TS2004 K&SER layout which I've been gradually converting over to TS2019. I did quite a bit of work a while ago then stopped when TS2019 started have all kinds of problems after the SP1 update. Now I've gone back to working on layouts in TS2019 again in an effort to learn how to use the new tools and see what can be done with them.
    Lighting has been set up with the sun and ambient light coloured dark charcoal grey and the brightness slider just above the centre position.

Lovely scenes Annie.

What a coincidence, today I put my very first TANE route into TRS19 SP1, just to try things out..

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/show...80#post1804680

I must admit, despite not having the top menu tools, I am quite impressed so far.
    Graham.

Thanks Graham. It's a bit annoying having to play menu roulette to access what used to be handily placed on the menu bar, but otherwise it all seems to be working out fine. Your German layout is certainly looking good in TS2019.
    Setting up lighting is still the thing a lot of Trainz folk seem to struggle with and I would prefer it if there was a version of TS2019 with all the tools and features, but minimal content, but despite that I think I can make TS2019 do what I want.

Carrachmuir Port on the MAC line (fictional)

All buildings and ships are by Mason Taylor.
    On the DLS as masontaylor.

Last edited by euromodeller; April 5th, 2020 at 02:00 AM.
    Graham.

Masontaylor, - master builder for Trainz. Mason's ship models are excellent pieces of work.
    I have to say I really do like that wharf you've built Graham.

Yes, Mason has made some wonderful contributions to Trainz, but to those not in the know his asset titles are a bit odd. (they are in secret code)
    the codebreaker thread is here...

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/show...buildings+frae

I must admit that the port in the shots above has turned out better than expected.
    There is a port in South Wales (BR MR) under construction at the moment... pics 'soon'.
    Graham.

That looks lovely - great work!
    Best wishes
    Ian

MasonTaylor has turned out some splendid assets, especially grimy buildings suited to northern scenes, evoking the saying "its grim up north".

Hey borderreiver, it's grim everywhere at the moment!

Yes, Mason Taylor's assets are superb and really do invoke the North of England and Scotland atmosphere.

Rob.