UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

@ BOGEYMAN, I see you have the same problem as I've experienced with the newly released Standard Class 4 from Trainboi1. Not all the time, but it seems to appear minus the running numbers. I've deleted & reinstalled but still get the problem. Anyone suggest a fix for this? Gam :( (Nice shots all)

Peter,

great job you`ve done with the realistic looking ground textures/ballast & track, very fitting for the steam era.

Gamerouche,

don`t know if this problem relates to the build no - I am still using 46957. Looks like I will have to face the inevitable & patch before I make any more route progress, but dread the consequences.

Regards

BOGIEMAN

TRS2012 KINGS CROSS - NEWCASTLE OLDYFICATION

[Edinburgh bound express heads through Durham.

THIS IS THE TRAINZ 2012 KX - NEWCASTLE ROUTE MODIFIED INTO A 1960s` VERSION.
[/QUOTE]
bec652d8401b3980326c36c1d89aa198.jpg

Peter,

great job you`ve done with the realistic looking ground textures/ballast & track, very fitting for the steam era.

Gamerouche,

don`t know if this problem relates to the build no - I am still using 46957. Looks like I will have to face the inevitable & patch before I make any more route progress, but dread the consequences.

Regards

BOGIEMAN

Thanks for the positive comments Bogieman.

Regards
Peter

And if it's any consolation all the screenshots are from build 58414 and I have not had any problems with the Standard Class 4

Hi all

Just a few more shots from my Carlisle route

Northern entrance to Citadel Station

Peppercon A1 leaves Citadel Station bound for Leeds down the Settle & Carlisle.

The same loco on the Up Newcastle. The goods avoiding line is to the left.

first off great pictures Peterwhite and Bogieman.
can I make a few nitpicks though?
Bogieman
1. would a standard 4 be used on a coal train in the Northeast?
(If it's standing in for a non available Ivatt 4 2-6-0 "Flying Pig" that's fine.)
( A quick check of Paul Bolger's BR MPD's Northeast region has a number at 51H Kirby Stephen - 76020,
76022, 76023, 76047, 76051, 76052 and 51F West Auckland - 76021, 76024, 76045, 76046, 76049, 76050)
2. Wouldn't a Q6 be better/more appropriate?
http://darlington-works.weebly.com/index.html has them for sale.
While your there grab some A5's, B1's, A2's, A1's as well. The classes mentioned were used heavily in the NER region.
Peterwhite
1. GWR lower Quadrant signals are being used when there are perfecly good LMS/BR Upper Quadrant signals
available (and I know you have the S&C pack so there should be no excuse for not using them)
2. A Gresley N2 so far away from home metals.( and not even on the Carlisle - Newcastle line)
And on a Goods train to boot. Shame on you when there's perfecly good Jinty's and 4F's available as part of
the S&C pack.
3. Weren't most of the 6 wheel vans phased out of BR service sometime in the mid Fities? In any case, would
a fish van be attached to a Passenger train?
I don't mean to be an asshole but the things I've pointed out are a bit jarring and break SOD(Suspension of
Disbelief)
I hope this helps both Bogieman and Peterwhite improve their screenshots.

first off great pictures Peterwhite and Bogieman.
can I make a few nitpicks though?
Peterwhite
1. GWR lower Quadrant signals are being used when there are perfecly good LMS/BR Upper Quadrant signals
available (and I know you have the S&C pack so there should be no excuse for not using them)
2. A Gresley N2 so far away from home metals.( and not even on the Carlisle - Newcastle line)
And on a Goods train to boot. Shame on you when there's perfecly good Jinty's and 4F's available as part of
the S&C pack.
3. Weren't most of the 6 wheel vans phased out of BR service sometime in the mid Fities? In any case, would
a fish van be attached to a Passenger train?
I don't mean to be an asshole but the things I've pointed out are a bit jarring and break SOD(Suspension of
Disbelief)
I hope this helps both Bogieman and Peterwhite improve their screenshots.

Hi Drphlox

I don't mind the nitpicking, actually I was expecting it. Surprised it took so long though.

1. You are quite right and I did start with LMS UQ signals but I found that on quite a few of the junctions I could not find an UQ to fit but there was a LQ so I used poetic licence and pretended they were old LQ Midland signals. A bit of a stretch, I know, but it keeps me happy.
2. I'm modeling the late fifties/ early sixties so the N2's have been moved north after being ousted by all those horrible DMU's / EMU's. Again modelers licence.
3. On this point I do believe you are wrong as the British Railways, London Midland Region, Western Lines, Passenger Train Marshalling, 12th June 1961 - 10th September 1961 states the formation of 1M82 the 22:05 Edinburgh Waverley - St Pancras was as follows -

XFish - Aberdeen to Leeds
BG
SLSTP
SLF
2 CK
3 SK
BG
XFish - Aberdeen to Nottingham

The Rolling stock codes shows the XFish as a Fish van (six wheeled).

Once again thanks for the comments whether good or bad.

Many thanks for the info regarding the fish vans Peterwhite
Would it be possible for you to suggest good sources for WTT's? preferabley ones that will ship/email to Australia?
Also thanks for the Coach formation. Every little bit helps.
regards

Many thanks for the info regarding the fish vans Peterwhite
Would it be possible for you to suggest good sources for WTT's? preferabley ones that will ship/email to Australia?
Also thanks for the Coach formation. Every little bit helps.
regards

For WTT's try http://britishrailwaybooks.co.uk/ or eBay

as for the coach formations go to http://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/BRCoachingStock/info and join the group. They have train marshalling books for all four regions.

Regards
Peter

Drphlox,

Don`t mind the nitpicking either, us trainzers need to keep an eye on each others work, so comments, questions & answers can only lead to more realistic screenies.

However, on your first point, these standard 4s` were a mixed traffic loco & over the years I have seen much photographic evidence of them on freight duties. Also most of West Aucklands locos were used for servicing the many local collieries.

Secondly, yes it is my intention to grab some NER stuff such as J27s`, Q6s`, G5s` etc. from the pay sites, but so far my focus has been on backdating the ECML infrastructure to being as near as possible to the original.
I have not had time to get seriously into creating any sessions with all these nice available locos, & the trains you see in these screenies are mainly one off test runs to prove the track markers, signals & other stuff. When I am satisfied that all is OK I will start to get more into loco matters & my wallet & utilise a greater variety of motive power.

Finally, about LQ signals, I too have been forced to put them into service at Darlington North Rd, Ferryhill No2, No3 boxes, Durham North, & Low Fell, as there are no UQ examples available for the requirements at these locations. Although NER examples lasted well into the BR era, I believe most had disappeared from the ecml by the mid/late fifties, & by the late seventies only a few LQ miniature arm shunting signals remained in the NE. Be warned! I intend to use even more LQs` in the Greensfield (Gateshead shed) area, York Yard North & Retford.

Thanks for the comments, its always good to know that our screenies are being studied by folk from far & wide.

Regards

BOGIEMAN

Hi

There are some free WTTs for the Western Region on this site http://www.michaelclemensrailways.co.uk/?tok=34 . Stewart Blencowe sells WTTs here http://www.stewartblencowe.co.uk/stock-books.htm . The current WTTs for the whole of the UK are available free from Network Rail http://www.networkrail.co.uk/browse...(WTT)&root=\Timetables\Working Timetable (WTT) .

As mentioned above, ebay is a good source of WTTs http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=working+timetable&_sop=10 but check with the vendor before bidding to make sure that they will post abroad. Some of them do as it is mentioned on their ebay page but many people are just selling the odd one or two that they have got and probably wouldn't want to be bothered sending them abroad. I have bought many WTTs for 99p from ebay but they are from the 1970s and later. Anything to do with the steam era tends to be more expensive but it is still possible to get a bargain on ebay.

There is one site which supplies steam era WTTs which have been reprinted and are sold at a very reasonable price http://www.wttreprint.talktalk.net/ . He only supplies to the UK at the moment but has a note saying that if he gets sufficient interest from abroad he may start supplying them to some countries so if you are interested let him know. I have bought all the Eastern and North Eastern region ones from him and they are excellent quality and much cheaper than buying originals if you only want the information they contain.

Regards

Brian

I was just wondering where the 6 wheeled fish van came from? I don't believe I've seen it before.

Paul

TRAINZ 2012 KINGS CROSS - NEWCASTLE OLDYFICATION

Tanks from Grangemouth to ICI Billingham pass Hett Mill crossing between Durham & Ferryhill.
THIS IS THE TRS 2012 KX - NEWCASTLE ROUTE MODIFIED INTO A 1960s` VERSION.
a8047871b61e5e8a0714f7db882f7447.jpg

Tanks for ICI Billingham pass through Durham as a KX - Newcastle train awaits departure.
THIS IS THE TRS2012 KX - NEWCASTLE ROUTE MODIFIED INTO A 1960s` VERSION.
]
543ab1b48c191ae41cdcaddf7fa34bf7.jpg

At Newton Hall Jnc an Edinburgh - KX passes a special freight from Brasside Munitions Depot to Dringhouses as they run parallel towards Durham.

KX
2f90fc9f0a8fac5a63e015b1ea220e93.jpg

Newcastle to York semi - fast passes Chester-Le-Street.

[/QUOTE]
d0050efa2ed5247102f071e3ec505cf4.jpg

Back