UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

Annie The Standard Class $MT was made by tTrainboi1 & comes in black or green & single oor doyble chaimney. Just discovered the 4-6-0 class 75xxx which s vvery useful & nice. Shame I got teh tenders mixed up in my sctrnshots but easily done.

Soie nice screenshots yesterday everyone.

Last edited:
I couldn't agree more Rob. An excellent screenshot indeed! :)

Out of curiosity were the A7s mixed traffic engines or did they exclusively handle goods? Being pacific tanks I am inclined to believe that they were passenger engines but then I remind myself that the LSWR H16 Class was built for the sole purpose of handling goods.

Last edited:
Hello Tanker, thanks.

The A7s, formerly N.E.R. "Y" Class were designed by Wilson Worsdell as 2-cylinder mineral engines but building started under Vincent Raven.

They were a development of Worsdell's "X" Class 4-8-0T heavy shunter (L.N.E.R. Class T1) and were an attempt to eliminate tender first running on short trips from colliery exchange sidings to the riverside staithes. This made them a successor to the "B", "N" and "U" 0-6-2T types (L.N.E.R. N8, N9 & N10) which the company had developed between 1886 and 1902 for the same kind of work. Increasing train weights over the years to 1909 saw the work reverting from the 0-6-2T tanks to tender locomotives of the 0-6-0 and later 0-8-0 wheel arrangements, which themselves grew larger to keep pace with the demands of the traffic. The "Y" Class was the ultimate fruition of the company's pursuit of the objective. Twenty were built, so while they were numerous enough to be useful there were never enough to make them commonplace. In reality, after the grouping they were more use to the L.N.E.R. doing heavy shunting at larger marshalling yards, particularly yards with a shunting hump. I have used one on traffic due to the summer lull in coal wagon shunting work at Tyne Dock.

However, as with so many matters in the steam era, it was not a cut and dried permanent distinction that they were mineral engines. During the late 1930s Gresley had a vacuum ejector fitted to one example of the class to trial it on passenger service between Newcastle and Consett. It is reasonable to conclude that steam heating was also provided. I believe that the great man travelled behind it at least once, as he did with the Armstrong multiple unit which was also trialled out of Newcastle. The experiment did not lead to any further examples gaining a vacuum ejector and around 1940 the loco was sent to Hull where its power was put to use. It lost the vacuum gear around 1942.

The A7 places the brake van in the siding ready for the A7 to shunt the loaded coal train to it from the adjacent spur.

GER TPO testing on my Norfolk layout.

fLQVHi8.jpg

I7ORp7X.jpg

eYLyYyh.jpg

oAJFdXp.jpg

Great looking train there Kotanga. Did you figure out why they're all tinted green?

I do have the environmental lighting set up with a slight green tint to kill TRS19's 'sun gone supernova' tendencies, but for some reason taking a screenshot makes the green tint look stronger than it really is. In game it all looks fine.

re recent from Borderreiver
Smashing shots and info. The pub in #4239 beckons.
re post #4249 KotangaGirl
Have you tried using the ambient and sun dials set towards a more grey shade.
Nice shots though Annie.

Still in TANE

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Cheers, Ken

re post #4249 KotangaGirl
Have you tried using the ambient and sun dials set towards a more grey shade.
Nice shots though Annie.

Thanks Ken. Grey sounds a lot like our Winter here at the moment. I'll have a careful adjust of the environmental settings and see if I can improve things.

I've been setting up Edh6's TPO lineside apparatus along the joint line on my alternative Norfolk layout (where the sunlight is a delicate shade of green).

2ntynoZ.jpg

Post #4245 - Thanks for the information Frank! I though the A7 was similar to the H16, but it's actually almost identical in purpose and useage! It actually has a lot in common with Maunsell's W Class 2-6-4Ts as they were built with freight efficiency in mind but were tested out on passenger services. They were essentially smaller wheeled versions of the SECR River Tanks so you can imagine how well that went...

That being said, I will definitely be picking up one from PaulzTrainz for my North Blythe Project - thanks!

Post #4247 - Incredible Screenshots Annie! I think you're the first person I've seen actually put Ed's TPO Equipment to use! It looks like those new GER TPOs are able to work the same way as the LNER Bogie Coaches! I certainly like seeing that! Bravo!!

Well, the BR Livery for the U Class has finally been completed. I can't tell you how long I have waited to see this in game and it's as fantastic as I hoped it would be!

Testing Swanage Resident 31625 out on an stopping service to Three Bridges. The train has a CCT Van equipped for Bicycle riders and travelers further north.

Leaving Brighton..

FmzjXoX.jpg
[/IMG]

uAdlVJv.jpg
[/IMG]

Zju4arJ.jpg
[/IMG]

Heading through Preston Park...

1W6KQnc.jpg
[/IMG]

LZx84tA.jpg
[/IMG]

HRyMVTq.jpg
[/IMG]

Before exiting Clayton Tunnel and finally coming into Hassocks...

DDrYJaJ.jpg
[/IMG]

yYaayYS.jpg
[/IMG]

ocReFJH.jpg
[/IMG]

Now it's off to Burgess Hill and Beyond!!

8U5qxnT.jpg
[/IMG]

Tanker46,
Those are great shots showcasing the U Class. She is definitely a beauty!

She was gleaming in the sunsh...er, I mean the gloom of Brighton (oxymoron, perchance?) when she started out but things got less gloomy as she headed north.

The engine looks wonderful. Another gem from Camscott.

Heinrich505

Very nice images neville_hill & nice to see the night Owl out during the day.
Below an ex MR 3F at work in Notts.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Last edited:
Excellent Screenshots Neville!! No one does Dearnby justice quite like the one who made it! :D

The Night Owl looks incredible with that custom weathering job! Given the crest on its tender it would absolutely be looking like that as the GWR switched to Dismals.

Also is that a 4300 Class in your bottom photo? It looks like one but I can't tell with all the weathering.

Hello Annie, Yes the 3F is from Paulz trains. Have bought some in LMS & BR livery oringianlly to use on S & D route but have found other uses for them also.

Very generous of you Tanker, as ever.
Yes, that is a Paulz Trainz 43xx - actually 6357, a stalwart of the Llangollen line. It would have a lot more weathering but Paul's texturing method makes it rather difficult!

Hello Annie, Yes the 3F is from Paulz trains. Have bought some in LMS & BR livery oringianlly to use on S & D route but have found other uses for them also.

Thanks tailight, - I'll have to think about whether to get one or not especially since I've just taken on a new project.

Two of Paulz Trainz older locomotives rebuilt and upgraded for TRS19 SP3 and awaiting their duties at Penzance. Both are Cornwall engines. I vowed I wasn't going to do it, but I've started on a rebuild of the Cornish Mainline, - the TANE version, not the TS2019 overgrown with elephant grass version. My plan is to start at Penzance and properly align all the trackwork and fix the signals which are a total mess. Unless something really offends my eye I'll stick to that plan. I have OS maps and old photos for parts of the route, but if I tried to correct everything I think I'd drive myself mad.
Time period will be early BR and a part of my plan is to get rid of all non-Cornish engines from the route; - the 'Kings' at Penzance were the first to go. I've ordered a couple of 'County' class 4-6-0s from Paul and depending on how my pocket money spins out more Cornish engines will follow.

iUDAO3T.jpg

Last edited:
Back