UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

RE post #1640-1641, 1644
It's been a long time since I visited this thread and.... Ken, you are still making stunning,great, marvelous pic ! Congratulation...and thanks for posting your settings !
Regards,
Rail4Pete

These Northern Screenshots are really something.. It shows a new side of S&C that I've never seen before!

That J39 is the one JohnWhelan made isn't it? It looks really incredible running on your route like that. This layout has me seriously interested and I hope to see more screenshots from it!! :)

Tanker46

Last edited:
Thanks for your settings suggestions, Ken. I am looking forward to giving them a try.

It will be interesting to see what you make of the lighting system in TRS19, given that you can get so much out of the T:ANE system.

These Northern Screenshots are really something.. It shows a new side of S&C that I've never seen before!

That J39 is the one JohnWhelan made isn't it? It looks really incredible running on your route like that. This layout has me seriously interested and I hope to see more screenshots from it!! :)

Tanker46

pacificseven's LNER J39 Tender Late crest by paulsw2, uploaded by johnwhelan with permission."
author "pacificseven"

I just put my name on it. Paulsw2 and pacificseven did the work.

Cheerio John

Ah! I see! Okay!

Back when I first started in Trainz, the J39 was one of the first locomotives I downloaded off of the DLS. It definitely has held up over time!

Thanks for the info! :)

Tanker46

Re recent posts, Rail4Pete, Ringarooma, johnwhelan and Tanker46

Thank you all the compliments.

I have subjected the "pacificseven" J39 (LNER not the BR version) to some kit-bashing. The fixed headlamps to the loco and tender have been hidden using the Alpha method on the texture.

Headlamps/drain-cocks/whistle/Loco crew/shed plate and smoke-box numberplate (seems a bit small) added using PEV Soft Attachment Maker for the positions and IMEditor.exe for attachment/placement to the body mesh.
"Trainboi1" toggle method for the operation of the lamps with "lilb" script.
"lielestosbrat" N2 texture for the main body. "Stevelero" (PAYWARE) smoke texture from one of his locos from a previous purchase.
Config up-dated to 3.6
A lot of trail and error to complete, a great help was IMEditor.exe not only for the attachment points but also for alterations to the textures to remove the
excess shine that occurs in early models. My thanks to the original maker of this loco.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

A filthy L1

Cheers, evilcrow

The following shots are taken around Grampound Road, Cornwall from the Plymouth to Penzance route I am currently constructing. I think the lighting is potentially a bit bright for a mid-summer Cornwall day (it would be fine for Australia). I would appreciate a local resident's advice.
Regards
Bob
2019-01-10-191732.jpg
[/URL]

The following shots are taken around Grampound Road, Cornwall from the Plymouth to Penzance route I am currently constructing. I think the lighting is potentially a bit bright for a mid-summer Cornwall day (it would be fine for Australia). I would appreciate a local resident's advice.
Regards
Bob

It is a little bright yes. I live in Cornwall, and I am working on a route of the same area based in Modern day times in TANE, working from the Plymouth end to Penzance with all present day branches. The route is already built but I'm updating it to TANE standards and improving various bits until I'm happy with them. Probably 10 years in the making but never saw a release until recently (2018). So far Plymouth - Lostwithiel with Gunnislake, Looe, Bodmin and Fowey branches is released on the DLS. Now I have updated to Par and about to head up the Newquay branch.

Mark

Regards
Bob

If last summer here in the UK is anything to go by then all that lush green vegetation would be brown!

It will be interesting to compare the two routes, one from a local, the other from someone 12000 miles away!

Rob.

Thanks Mark and Rob for your responses. Mark I have downloaded your East Cornwall and Branches Route and am using many of your assets in this route. You have an excellent touch.
Regards
Bob

Amazing! I absolutely love the Cornwall Region. I have always had an strong interest in the LSWR and in the BR Era is was a place where Western and Southern locomotives often ran side by side in harmony. I have a lot of interest in this region and I absolutely love how you've captured it!

Tanker46

I thought there was something different about it! Did you use the N2 texture for the main bogey and tender as well? (The wheels looks so different I thought it was a new model when I first saw it!)

I have heard about the IM editor, and if it can do stuff like this then a whole lot of older content could be given a new lease on life!

Amazing Screenshots Ken! Seeing your work is always a pleasure! :)

Tanker46

re post #1670 EverTrainz
Thanks for the complement Ron. Thanks for the wonderful wagons that you make.

re post #1676 Tanker46

And thank you also for the kind words Tanker46.

I used part of the N2 texture to copy and paste to build up to a 1024 x 1024 texture that I applied as a layer to the main body texture, keeping the rivets and detail on the top layer from the original.

As for the wheels I used the original texture plus the N2 layer.

All involved a great dollop of "trail and error" I use Paint.Net v4.1.5 by the way.

I have found IMEditor invaluable for removing the "shine" from early models At the moment I am working on the late Andi06 Lner Gresley Coaches (Screenshot in due course).

Please see this thread before using the download page for IMEditor, I have had no problems with the site.

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/sho...d-by-the-zombie-drivers&p=1724611#post1724611

You can get IMEditor.exe here

https://contentcreation.trainzsimulator.com/im-editor-edit-im-files/

Cheers, Ken

It looks like one of my meshes? The L1? It was the first assets I produced when I was a teenager, hence why it was quite crude. I did produce a more up-to-date texture set for it but never got around to finishing it.

The shine will be a material setting carried over by the Blender exporter.

Thanks, Jack

re post #1678 LNERlover5.

I saw a few L1s in BR DAYS and remember them as filthy, so I hope you don't mind me giving your model a coat of filth. It's a really good model and would hope
that you start modelling again Jack, a V3 would be nice!

re post #1679 IanOHoseason

Thanks Ian, the J39 is an old model but still with plenty of life in it.

The following shots show what can be done using "IMEditor.exe". Shots taken against the sun and in shadow.

The late Andi06, Gresley coaches.

Untreated coach is middle.

Untreated coach is right

Cheers, Ken (aka evilcrow)

@evilcrow: I'm not sure I follow you on this one.
In your last post, #1680, you say the middle coach is the untreated one; do you mean the 'washed out' looking one? The coach on the left looks how it should normally look to me, that's how I see andi06's Gresley coaches in T:ANE with BR Maroon livery selected, not the washed out looking one. If the unusual washed out look is the outcome of IMeditor treatment then I'm not sure I like it! I'm a little confused!

Rob.

Last edited:
re post #1681 robd

The coaches that are 'washed out' are the 'un-treated' ones.
In T:ANE, when viewed at certain times of the day, certain angles and against the light, can look washed out (On my computer).

two examples.

Cheers, evilcrow

Back