UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

Thanks very much Tanker. I've always liked the K&ESR and I've had the original TS2004 layout tucked away on my hard drive for a good while now. Needing a test route to practice route building on in TS2019 I decided to give the old K&ESR layout an overhaul.

In TS2009 and TS2012 those SECR coaches are really dark to the point of the interior being just about impossible to see and the detail on the exterior is just about invisible. Put them in TS2019 though and they look just the way you see them in the screenshot. The interior detailing can be seen and is really nice. For legacy TS2004 models they are surprisingly good. I heard that decapod. had made his SECR rolling stock for MSTS and then converted it for Trainz and that might have a bearing on them being well ahead of most of what was being made for Trainz at the time.

Last edited:
Yes! I've heard that was what he did with his content back in Trainz 2004. That was the first time I ever got my hands on a copy of Trainz! Knowing thats how the birdcages hold up in 2019 I might have to download them in after all!

If you are running Decapods content then I'm assuming the SECR P Class and O1 Class are regulars on the route as well then? The P Class was a definite ly common sight on Kentish lines like the KESR and would definitely fit right in!

The SECR doesn't have a lot of support in Trainz and could use a few more locomotives to fill out it's diminutive roster. I might have to commission a D or E Class from Camscott after I finish my Brighton Commissions.

I have both the SECR P class and O1 class and they are both nice enough, but showing their age a little as TS2004 models. I have Camscott's SECR C class as well so running trains on the SECR lines the K&ESR connects with is very possible. From memory I had to do some work on the P class to update it since somethings like the original cab interior model it was fitted with were just plain odd and didn't suit it at all.
I am considering doing some SECR goods wagons as most of the ones on the DLS aren't very good, but I'll have to see how I go since I'm struggling a lot with sleepiness at the moment.

I totally understand. Please take care of yourself before doing anything for us here on the forums. :)
After seeing your engine shed reskins and your newer wagons, I am certain SECR Wagons would be extremely welcome to Trainz and I look forward to it. Your KESR line is stunning and I really look forward to seeing the progress you make on it! :D

Thanks Tanker. :) I need to contact angelah to ask permission first, but once I consider the rebuilt pre-grouping era K&ESR route to be done and dusted I'd like to upload it to the DLS.
I'm still at the stage of looking around for SECR drawings and photos at the moment so I'm not rushing in or anything just yet. And I also want to get the rest of the engine shed rekins sorted out and uploaded before I do anything else. I've been telling everyone soon (tm) for months so I want to get them sorted out without anymore delays.

I understand. Your engine sheds look amazing and well worth the wait. I can't wait for their release as the look identical to the workshops sheds at Brighton and will be perfect for the route! You really make amazing content when you reskin! :)

Thanks Tanker. The engine sheds were difficult to reskin because they use small texture patches that are tiled over the whole building. On the original sheds this caused a repeating mosaic effect which didn't look very good. So what I had to do was come up with texture patches that wouldn't create a repeating pattern. The bricks were the worst and I made the texture patches by assembling them brick by brick taking care that I didn't build in any kind of pattern. I had to make a lot of bricks too and there were a lot of rejects. Eventually I did it after several attempts and ended up with the sheds that have now been uploaded to the DLS.
My reskinning technique would drive most people nuts since I enlarge my textures several times their actual size and then build up all details, rivets, shadowing and lettering by hand drawing as well as several semi-transparent layers of colour. Takes me ages, but my time's my own and it's not as if I ever have to go anywhere.

Hi Anne.

You may not be able to contact angelah. I tried when I brought one of her routes up to TS12 specs. As long as you thank her in your description for the original work I think you should be ok.

My route was accepted with no problems.

Regards Dave.

QUOTE=KotangaGirl;1806780]Thanks Tanker. :) I need to contact angelah to ask permission first, but once I consider the rebuilt pre-grouping era K&ESR route to be done and dusted I'd like to upload it to the DLS.
I'm still at the stage of looking around for SECR drawings and photos at the moment so I'm not rushing in or anything just yet. And I also want to get the rest of the engine shed rekins sorted out and uploaded before I do anything else. I've been telling everyone soon (tm) for months so I want to get them sorted out without anymore delays.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Oh my word. :D Your locomotives are looking better than ever Ron! I can't even believe the texture definition on either of these! They certainly give Dovetail a run for their money!!

The Cycling Lion on the AL1 is really what gets me. It looks so undeniably real like I could just reach out and touch it! I can tell you have put a painstakingly large amount of work into it!!

It's too bad you don't do commissions! I would be throwing money at you in a heartbeat! :hehe:

Hi Anne.

You may not be able to contact angelah. I tried when I brought one of her routes up to TS12 specs. As long as you thank her in your description for the original work I think you should be ok.

My route was accepted with no problems.

Regards Dave.

Thanks Dave. I'm most probably a couple of months off from even thinking of uploading the route so once it's done I'll make the decision whether I think it's good enough or not. I may be able to find a way to contact angelah via TCWW, but I know she's legally blind now so it might not be easy.

#2570. Ron you are the master. Compared to you I'm just mucking around with a box of crayons.

Thank you Tanker and Annie! At first I was doubtful whether the cast emblem would turn out well with a heightmap, but after the fact I have got to say that I’m very happy with the way that it has turned out, it’s probably the favorite thing I’ve gotten in-game :)

Still playing with "wet" ground textures..........an oily start to the day :)

Oily-start-to-the-day.........jpg

#2575. Looking at your screenshot louvain I very much get the feeling I wouldn't want to walk through any of that with bare feet.

Well no one can say that the quarantine doesn't have at least one perk - this LBSCR E5 Camscott built for me! Running it in as we speak! :)

IWXss8u.jpg
[/IMG]

sqfMrNF.jpg
[/IMG]

ggXRRT1.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
Thanks Annie!

Yes, I believe that he will be releasing the E5 as a freeware item on Darlington Works for TRS19 and TANE. I always request that the models I commission be shared. It will also be available in LBSCR Marsh Umber and LBSCR Stroudley Improved Engine Green!

nQnsUYD.jpg
[/IMG]

21E5RqT.jpg
[/IMG]

I decided to commission the SR liveries later as I want to finish filling out the remaining LBSCR Commissions I have first. It's an excellent model and I hope others enjoy it as I have! :)

Thanks Annie!

Yes, I believe that he will be releasing the E5 as a freeware item on Darlington Works for TRS19 and TANE. I always request that the models I commission be shared. It will also be available in LBSCR Marsh Umber and LBSCR Stroudley Improved Engine Green!

(pictures clipped)

I decided to commission the SR liveries later as I want to finish filling out the remaining LBSCR Commissions I have first. It's an excellent model and I hope others enjoy it as I have! :)

That is very good of you to do that Tanker. I must remind Cameron to make the B&ER 4-4-0ST I commissioned available on his website.

Now I'm trying to think of a plausible excuse to have LBSC engines visiting my Norfolk layout.

Back