Page 277 of 298 FirstFirst ... 177227267275276277278279287 ... LastLast
Results 4,141 to 4,155 of 4466

Thread: UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

Post # 4138 - Spot on again as usual Annie! Good to see your single wheeler out and about again, the Sharpie is a welcome sight too in it's new blue livery!!

Post # 4135 - Really enjoying your sojourn into LNER Territory Ken! Fancying the 9Fs eh?

Post # 4121 - Another excellent chapter to add to your storybook Heinrich! I do enjoy your tales as you make your way along the railways of England!

More work on the Brighton Route. One of the C2x locos is being sent out on the first run through the reconstructed Patcham Tunnel. (Which is still very much a work in progress!) with a milk train bound for Wivelsfield. As it makes it's way up the line it passes through the first stop on the route - Preston Park Station.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

I'm pretty proud of Preston Park. Thanks to our wonderful predecessor Jayholland, many of the London to Brighton assets already exist and make modeling the route so much easier!

It's not quite there yet but I think it's starting to match up..

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    Tanker46

Member of TCWW - Developer of the Brighton Project

Rudimentary loco facilities at the junction.....

Andy

I like that Andy, very cool!
    Please consider joining the British Train Sim Discord

https://discord.gg/7tDJHpw

Starting to get to grips with some TurFX and other 19 goodies. Wathdale looking a little bit more better. I'll be releasing a MP session and TRS19 route at somepoint. Still practicing.

Looking up the valley from the roof of a water tower.

Trying out some new LMS metal and grass/textures.

We join 15300 for its morning run from Dacre to Fellbeck. 17694 is prepping for the first stone run from the quarry.

And we're off, ontime and with good steam on the go.

On the climb out of Dacre

Passing the signal box outside of Dacre Bank

Setting the signals and letting the next box know its in the section

The halfway point at Wath

The long slog up to Fellbeck

Nearly there...

And fin...

So even though there are no detailed LMS signal boxes, would those that know the route prefer slightly more detailed ones being used (PaulzTrainz or NER ones)? For the sake of it being less LMS perhaps. Still not sure about the trackside vegetation. Need to work on that, any examples or types that might work better?

Some great screenshots there Jimmy.
    The situation with signal boxes with detailed interiors has never been that brilliant. The poor old Saxby & Farmer signal box from the Kent & East Sussex Railway was about the only decent one for a long time, then came the signalboxes from the S&C project in TC3 and after that some further additions with the PLL project. Paulz Trainz made a fair number of NER signalboxes for Frank (borderreiver) and then John Whelan made some NER signal boxes from a different division of the NER.
    Ken (evilcrow) did some reskins of a few of the late Ben Dorsey's signalboxes, - and that's about your lot for detailed signalboxes with proper interiors.
    Narcolepsy is not napping.

I couldn't agree more Annie. I remember the old Saxby and Farmer from yesteryear. It's ancient but it was the most amazing thing I had seen back in the early years of Trainz.

There's a lot of buildings that could do with a reskin or two but signalboxes are a rare find for the most part.

John Whelan's NER Signalboxes are top tier and I can't help but think how excellent some GER or LBSCR ones would look!
    Tanker46

Member of TCWW - Developer of the Brighton Project

Yep totally agree with you both. Do you think its worth popping them in instead of the current ones to have a better more detailed box? Its funny, nowadays I'm picking what looks good instead of trying to be accurate. I think I'd rather have a more detailed "asset" than possibly a correct company item. Think I'll swap them around this morning. I keep finding little patches of grass I need to sort too like inside the engine sheds or up at the goods depot. Very annoying haha.

I use one of Paulz Trainz wooden NER signal boxes on my Norfolk layout because it almost looks like a MS&LR signal box if I take my glasses off. Because there's so many gaps with what is available for the Uk steam scene in Trainz I think there's times when we do have to pick what looks best rather than what is correct. What I've always thought was good about your Wathdale route Jimmy was that you made it look completely believable despite the fact that you'd used many assets that weren't technically 'correct' for the area.
    Last edited by KotangaGirl; June 20th, 2021 at 03:56 AM. Reason: spelling
    Narcolepsy is not napping.

John Whelan was very kind to build the range of NER Southern Division signal boxes for me and upload to the DLS, with assistance from Chris Sprague. I also commissioned Paul Mace to build the range of NER Northern Division signal boxes for the DLS. Even with those two excellent ranges, there are significant gaps remaining just in NER boxes. For example, the northern division cantilever boxes, the northern division overhead boxes, the southern division type 1 and 2 boxes and anyhting built by the central division before its abolition in the early 20th century. When you cast the net wider to include the GER, MSLR, GCR, NBR, GnoS, CR, G&SWR, LYR, LNWR, LBSCR, LSWR there are literally hundreds of gaps. This is why route builders often have to put something in to represent the signal box (and every other type of building) since there is no geographically suitable item.
    Last edited by borderreiver; June 20th, 2021 at 06:54 AM.

Its why I love railways in Britain because the range of anything is just amazing, no two signal boxes look the same to be honest. I think if I turned around and said the route's BR Steam it'd be easier but I wouldn't be able to use the lovely range of LMS steam I can in 19. Who wants easy though =P
    I'll polish it off a little more today and see how it looks. I'm using the NER boxes on the Glen Brae route and they fit in so well with the surroundings.

The tranquillity of the Dales is is momentarily shattered as the up King's Cross thunders through the village behind A1 Pacific Pretty Polly. An unidentified K is slowly easing its heavy goods out of the Up Layby ready to slip in behind the express the moment it clears the section. Quite oblivious to all the action, the crew of the branch loco, deputising as yard pilot, idle a quiet few minutes away playing cards in the engineman's bothy.....

On the signal box theme, one of the PaulzTrainz NER boxes is visible in the background. This station required three boxes, one at the Up end of the station, one at the Down end, and one a short distance away controlling the branch junction. It was really good to find a large, medium and small box all of which looked like they were built under the same contract at the same time. It lends credibility to an otherwise fictitious line....

Cheers, Andy

Good shot Clekev. Even when a line was provided with interlocking signalling, there are many instances of extension and replacement if the line evolved. In the N.E.R. southern division, the range of signal cabins John Whelan built for me date from the early 1900s, specifically 1902 - 1904, though the example at Whitby Bog Hall was built during 1910, several years after the NER Southern Division had moved to what we know now as the "type 4", but back then was merely "the standard type" for the Southern Division at that time. At busy locations such as York several boxes were changed multiple times over the ninety year period from 1870 - 1960. Examples being Locomotive Yard, Poppleton Junction and Severus Junction (which later became York Yard North).

There really is a very rich and diverse variety of signal boxes in the UK, from the changes of livery right through to extensions, modifications and later replacements. Some lasted decades, even through to the post-privatisation era, while others were specific to a rather short span of years.