UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

That ok.
and here are a few more shots from me.
fsscr730.jpg

My first shot of the days was the 12:31 coal train to Norton hill colliery. Here we see and 8f with a set of empty coal wagons being crossing over Bath Junction. It can't be seen in this picture but there is a Jinty banker.
fsscr736.jpg

At 01:00 we see the Jinty returning to bath after assisting the coal train to the top of bath bank. The jinty is protected by the Banker token which stops all other locos running onto the signal track from bath to midford.
fsscr742.jpg

At 2:31 we see the 8f arriving at Midsomer Norton with empty coal wagons. Here we see her passing the small bank to Norton hill colliery. At the end we see another jinty banker which was put on the back at Radstock.
fsscr758.jpg

At 3:17 we see a standard 4 80133 appearing from the south end of Winsor tunnel with empties from Templecombe. She assisted by a pannier tank.
fsscr767.jpg

At 3:32 a we see the 4mt now with out the banker which was detached after masbury summit to run back to Evercreech Junction, running to Radstock to drop of the empties and pick up some full wagons before heading back to Templecombe.

Faster you mad fool we're doing 8mph now. RETURNS

With the SDJR Project on hold and the swanage branch going no where at this time. I have decided to go back and create from scratch my first ever layouts on the DLS. The Pevensey Bay Disaster routes.
So here are some screen shots.
fsscr770.jpg

Here we see a black 5 with a snow plough crossing the viaduct just south of Pevensey East Station.
fsscr771.jpg

Here we see the Black 5 again this time passing through the Pevensey East station.
fsscr772.jpg

At Pevensey Junction we see a Fowler 0-8-0 7f crossing over the main line towards the Pevensey harbor.
fsscr773.jpg

Finally we see The lines express train The Flyer which travels from Crewe to York crossing the viaduct south of Pevensey East Station Behind patriot 5542.

More of my images of Meldon Valley

I recently posted some images in a seperate Meldon Valley Thread. This time I thought it would be best to add it to this area. The Meldon Valley is a ficticious line running in the 1960's Devon countryside.

Below is a shot of an empty coal train leaving Port Argyle Dock.
Empty-Coal-Train.jpg

This shot is looking west towards Port Argyle and the main goods yard
Port-Argyle-Yards.jpg

This scene is near the small town of Meldon which is the terminus of the line.
Approaching-Meldon-Town.jpg

A distant view of a vehicle crash at a level crossing
Road-Crash.jpg

The Police arrive and are talking to one of the drivers while the other watches on smoking a cigarette.
Road-crash_1.jpg

More images of scenes to follow in the future.

Nice pics, Wasp. It is good to have little set pieces like the car crash dotted about the layout. The buildings on your route look particularly realistic.

Best wishes,
Padster

Enjoyed those pics, Wasp, thank you.

Afew of Isobel shunting at Washford
IsHSWD.jpg

IsWD1.jpg

IsCab.jpg

And seen later leaving Blue Anchor, delivering the newly overhauled CCT to Minehead
IsdepBA2.jpg

Anthony

Pevensey Bay 1907 Scene

Nice shots everyone

here a few more from my newest project.
fsscr813.jpg

Super D 1866 head out of the Line from the harbor.
fsscr815.jpg

Later we wee 1866 crossing the a small viaduct heading up the first bank on the line heading east bound.

hi all great shots, some from me

fsscr007.jpg

An early crest 9F makes its way into Huddersfield on a local bound for Bradfrod where whilst on shed it will recive its late crest. The 9F is on the local purley because it is a convienient way of moving it to Bradford Sheds for its repaint, needless to say the spotters were half in awe and half thinking this is overkill BR has finally lost it. ;)

fsscr031.jpg

On a fine summers day we follow A4 Pacific 'Kingfisher' as it heads its express (containing gresley articulated stock) towards Bradford, this shot sees the locomotive heading through the last part of the cutting after Longwood Bridge Goods Yard.

fsscr041-1.jpg

Just after Huddersfield Kingfisher's driver gives her some welly as she powers away on the fast line, this section of the line between Huddersfield and Bradford Exchange is six tracks with in both directions a fast line, Slow Line Passenger line, freight only line to avoid congestion entering Bradford Exchange terminus.

fsscr042-1.jpg

fsscr043.jpg

In these two shots Kingfisher relaxes as she crosses the 6 track viaduct over the River Saunders, in capeble hands most express's hauled by steam loco's can relax and coast all the way into the platforms at Bradford

fsscr044.jpg

Finally in this shot Kingfisher has now come to rest in front of the buffer stops at Bradford Exchange allowing enough room to un couple and move forwards ready for the station pilot to move her train out of the way so she can go on shed.

Last edited:
Hi all some more from me

fsscr000-4.jpg

The day after we see Kingfisher simmering on shed at Bradford on a less pleasent day.

fsscr001-2.jpg

A walk into the ex-LMS roundhouse reveals Duchess Number 46229 Duchess of Hamilton and Electric Blue class 31 sitting side by side.

fsscr002-2.jpg

In this shot we are looking at the local train loco stableing part of Bradford sheds with ex-IOW 0-4-4T ready to replace the station pilot a Standard 4 Tank which has built up steam ready to pull a local stopping service to Golker and transferred dfrom the western region a AEC Railcar which is used when les parcels are being sent along the line.

fsscr003-3.jpg

In this shot we can see that the AEC has moved into the parcels platform, but the main focus has to be M7 Tank engine number 30124 which is acting as station pilot whilst on trials in this part of the country.

fsscr004-3.jpg

Here we can see the M7 reversing the Standard 4's local train into the slow out platform.

fsscr006-1.jpg

A4 'Kingfisher' reverses onto its train ready to head for Marsden.

fsscr009-1.jpg

The A4 crosses the River Saunders, not as quickly as she would like to due to the possiblity of having to stop at Huddersfield to pick up a banker if the rails are too slippery for one engine to climb.

fsscr014-1.jpg

Happily a banker is not rquired, so Kingfisher opens up and charges past Haunchood Colliery Sidings

fsscr015-3.jpg

We say farewell to Kingfisher here as she heads back into the cutting near Longwood Bridge goods yard.

Nice shots everyone

here a few more from my newest project.
fsscr813.jpg

Super D 1866 head out of the Line from the harbor.

Just out of asking how did you change the numbers on the Super D of Mine, have you changed the alpha map?

just that i came across it and it looks good :)

Cheers
Chris

Back