UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

Here are a few more shots from me.
fsscr441.jpg

On the Ole Valley Railway we see preserved Ty42 number 42-25 pulling the display freight south out of Gainsborough.
fsscr448.jpg

On the SDJR we see 76006 With a local train passing through Shoscombe and Single Hill Halt on it way south to Bath.

Resizeofujh3.jpg

Workstained BR 73021 4-6-0 ambles leisurely along the Branthorpe & Kilderdale Railway with a coal train in the direction of Densley Worth.

Gam :)

Another day on the Walcote branch:

Isobelshuntsscreen.jpg

"Isobel" propels some 16T mineral wagons under the screens at Catthorpe Colliery.

25Shawell.jpg

Hunslet 48150 Class No 25 shunts the exchange sidings at Shawell

A normal day in the Ole valley

Great shots everyone.
Hay 2995valliant where did you get that brake van with the pannier tank?

fsscr670.jpg

Here we see Ty42 42-25 being changed for a J69 and J39 at Wolverton. We also see the Ex-LMS 2p 40700 with the lines suburban set.
fsscr669.jpg

Here we see the J69 Backing out of the yard to join the J39.
fsscr671.jpg

Here we see one of the three standard 4s on the Ole valley crossing the Trout Viaduct with the set of Southern region Mk1s.
fsscr674.jpg

Finally we see Standard 4 76006 arriving at Harpton with the 11:32 to Gainsborough.

Great shots everyone.
Hay 2995valliant where did you get that brake van with the pannier tank?

fsscr670.jpg

Here we see Ty42 42-25 being changed for a J69 and J39 at Wolverton. We also see the Ex-LMS 2p 40700 with the lines suburban set.

Looks like you need to look at your station sign WOLVERTON or WOVERTON ? :hehe: Great shot though!

By the way, Where do the carriages come from ?

They're Andi06's Gresleys !

And a great set they are too !

@Gam, I saw one of your screenies with a brake coach at the end of a consist. Was this ever used in real life ? I've always seen steam hauled services with the brake coach by the loco ...

Many Thanks,
Gangsta.

@ Gangsta, Intriguing point.............so I pulled out half a dozen or so old steam magazines and searched through them. Most of the pics do in fact show a Brake coach coupled to the locomotive however, I saw enough examples of composite coaches marshalled next to the engine.

Don't forget of course that the brake coach in my screenie would have been next to the engine on the down run. :p

Cheers

Gam

They're Andi06's Gresleys !

And a great set they are too !

@Gam, I saw one of your screenies with a brake coach at the end of a consist. Was this ever used in real life ? I've always seen steam hauled services with the brake coach by the loco ...

Many Thanks,
Gangsta.

I knew it was one of those two, just couldn't remember which, picked the wrong one!

Here is one screenshot from me tonight.
Standard4.jpg

Standard 4 Tank 80133 heads a coal train north to Norton Hill colliery, here we see her passing under the GWR main line south of Evercreech Junction.

Back