UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

Watch the video thanks looked like hard work just to get the result.

Tom

If you meant me Tom, many thanks !

Here's an Ivatt 2MT bearing down on Garton Baulk crossing heading towards Driffield. The diminutive crossing keepers cottage here has sadly disappeared, probably the tenants had to move out when the line closed. The Yorkshire Wolds Railway have turned up a couple of photos of it which can be seen here

https://www.yorkshirewoldsrailway.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=113&start=110 (and previous page)

Ivatt 2MT at Garton Baulk 2.5.22 by A1 Northeastern, on Flickr

The photos of Garton Baulk crossing are very appealing especially the ones of the whitewashed keeper's cottage.

Yes , and it's quite sad when the mother in the earlier picture is holding her kids up to think of the people who lived there and now it's just a patch of rubble. If it had survived it would probably be worth £100,000 or more. Not far from the present extent of the Yorkshire Wolds Railway's current track there was cottage like this at Wetwang Green Lane and I suppose it could be rebuilt cheaply as they were very basic structures.

The Up Malton Dodger approaches Burdale station on a pleasant day with one passenger waiting to board. Despite being an extremely remote station which sold just 4000 tickets a year, Burdale had a small corrugated iron loco shed at the quarry end of the station with an engine named "Burdale".

Burdale Malton Dodger 3.5.22 by A1 Northeastern, on Flickr

When I visited the station in 1977 it was a shattered ruin engulfed in weeds just 19 years after the last train ran.

Burdale Station (4) 20.8.1977 by A1 Northeastern, on Flickr

Post#5444 &5445 - Thanks Gary! I've been trying to update Dearnby to a WW2 Format for some time now but my project with Barney and the SR Project have gotten in the way. I decided to continue work on that Oil Refinery I was going to make for D&D and this just happened as I was testing the metals! :hehe: Gotta love 8686's SR liveries for the P2 though - they fit the "spamcan" moniker very well too!

Post#5446 - Much appreciated Annie! Dearnby certainly captured my heart when it first came out but I never imagined how interchangeable it could be! Without a doubt, it is my go to layout when I need a little bit of "fun" with Trainz.

Post#5467 - Excellent shots Lewisner! I remember reading about this station in one of my UK Railway magazines! The Quarry Shunter was a Barclay right? I think that's what I remember..

More from Dearnby in the 1920s-1930s:

Testing out Connor's new GWR 4000 "Star" Class. One of Churchwards most successful (if not THE most successful) design of his life. Taking it for a stroll to Hunstone Station.

cvNnS3N.jpg
[/IMG]

dKp2kYC.jpg
[/IMG]

gtfQJhB.jpg
[/IMG]

xp2XleV.jpg
[/IMG]

GWnck54.jpg
[/IMG]

Also a few of Starkey's Aberdare - courtesy of our friend Barney(Pilotwoo). Had to bust him out when I heard about Steveflander's new GW Freight Stock. '

5dXIrcG.jpg
[/IMG]

GCYZxLg.jpg
[/IMG]

#5467 It's sad to see what became of Burdale station lewisner. At least in your own way you are bringing it all back to life again.

#5469 Wow! - a 'Star' and it's in early condition as well which would make it perfect for my own layout projects. Thanks for posting these screenshots Tanker. I have to say Barney's new 'Star' looks very much at home on Dearnby.

#5470 Nice to see Barney's Aberdare again too. Unfortunately for me not really a Cornwall class of engine. Steve Flanders has GWR cattle wagons in beta testing at the moment so it shouldn't be too long before they become available as well.

So, I was going through my old posts looking for something I asked Ken and I stumbled upon these...

BcSQBW8.jpg
[/IMG]
yFTRvNh.jpg
[/IMG]
p8m4zpB.jpg
[/IMG]
fd5Grt7.jpg
[/IMG]
4jVfKd8.jpg
[/IMG]

This looks a bit familiar doesn't it? I always intended to do more with this little route and it's been bugging me since I left it alone several years ago. Since I had a three day weekend this week I decided to do something about it and finally turned it into the little route I envisioned quite some time ago.

In short, Ulfstead has become the fictional town of Ulfsweir - a sleepy little town of millwrights and ale makers somewhere in the territory of the Great Eastern Railway.

6eYrv05.jpg
[/IMG]

Sz6Uwoa.jpg
[/IMG]

wUdaJDp.jpg
[/IMG]

IZwjtAU.jpg
[/IMG]

ZhdTFAg.jpg
[/IMG]

Thanks to Edh6 and Camscott, the line is now fully staffed with two 2-4-0s, a 2-4-2T, a 0-6-0T a C53 Tram, and a fantastic Steam Railmotor made by none other than our famous KotangaGirl. Sadly, I couldn't get Robd's Y14 Class reskin to work in TRS19 due to several errors, but his new GER 6 Wheeled Coaching Stock did make it in and they are spectacular on the route.

A special thanks to SteveFlanders for his numerous Pre-Grouping Era scenery assets. He's made so many wonderful steam lorries and horse drawn wagon assets over the years that backdating routes such as these is a breeze compared to before.

Finally a thank you to our resident GER Expert - KotangaGirl. Her many wagons, vans and custom GER related assets have all made their way into this one as she was who inspired me to undertake this project (and so many others) in the first place. I'm glad I finally found the time and effort to do this and I hope you enjoy what I have done with it!

Wow, - I recognise that Steam Railmotor :D Nice to see it in use Tanker. There's some odd texture bits that I really need to update for it so I'll have a look at that fairly soon. I was able to get Rob's Y14 to work Ok in TS2019 for use on my Norfolk layout, but off the top of my head I can't remember what I did to it now.
My reasons for me doing so many GER items of rolling stock was that there wasn't anything much at all available when I came to make a beginning on my Norfolk project so it was a case of making it myself or going without. It's always nice to see my goods wagons in use and being enjoyed and makes all those hours I spent frowning at textures in Paint.NET worthwhile. With Rob's wonderful coaches and Ed's exquisite Holden era locomotives the GER is now a viable modelling subject for anyone looking for a layout project that's a bit different.

I can remember when you were first having a look at doing something with that layout Tanker so it's nice to see that you picked it up again and carried on with it. From what I remember of it it's a fairly impressive piece of work.

Some great shots as always people, well done!

One from me showing a WCR charter at Corfe Castle; the loco is hidden out of view at the Swanage end:
UnMh8d3.jpg

Cheers,

PLP

Can I just say in response to post #5471 (with regards to the reply to post #5469), the Star is mine not Barney’s, though I did use some components he had made, for example the handrail, leading bogey frame and a couple of other parts

Some excellent screenshots I'm seeing here, everyone! I would post my own, but I'm gonna wait a bit for the official TRS22 release in order to install all my content. I digress - excellent screenshots anyway! Take care.

Can I just say in response to post #5471 (with regards to the reply to post #5469), the Star is mine not Barney’s, though I did use some components he had made, for example the handrail, leading bogey frame and a couple of other parts
My apologies for my mistake. The 'Star' is certainly a fine looking model and a real credit to you.

#5474 #5479 #5480. Always nice to see more of Swanage PLP. I love the lever frame shed and booking hut at Norden, it's humble little buildings like those that really bring a scene to life.

#5475. That's a nicely posed screenshot lewisner. Truth be told I find animated animal models like your educated sign reading horse to be a bit spooky, but there's no denying that they are clever pieces of work.

#5481. I've got a soft spot for quadarts in tourist livery Tailight and it's always nice to see them in a screenshot. As for large black tank engines they are a lot of fun too.

Back