UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

Definitely not sick of Swanage PLP, so keep on posting.

#4777. You're almost getting as bad as I am with forgetting what engines you have Tanker. Your new Q class looks to be a useful sort of engine.

Ah! So most of the locos that serviced the Swanage Line are already in game. Excellent! :D Maybe we can collaborate on a 50's era route one day!

The Q Class is indeed an effective locomotive. Excellent for mixed traffic work in any area of the SR Network. Although most of them were urban locos, they saw a lot of good use in Kent as well due to their lightweight frames. After the Q1's rolled out into service they travelled west to Bournemouth, Eastleigh and the former M&SWJR lines like so many other goods engines before. The London Based engines like 30533 stay in place almost their whole lives. They were very good all round engines, just came into the game a bit late for people to realize that.

There's one more SR Standard Class loco that Maunsell developed for London Freight. It's a class I have long sought after, but after finally getting my hands on the diagrams it should be making an appearance someday soon.

Hopefully... ;)

Definitely not sick of Swanage PLP, so keep on posting.

#4777. You're almost getting as bad as I am with forgetting what engines you have Tanker. Your new Q class looks to be a useful sort of engine.

Indeed Annie! I have so many SR Commissions on my list it's getting hard to keep track of them all! :D

By the end of this, nearly every engine that frequented SR Metals will be a part of Trainz Railway Simulator. That much I can be sure of.

Incidentally, did you know one of the Q Classes did a bit of a gap year(s) on the Great Eastern? I looked through the BR Locomotive Database and it seems that No. 30539 was a resident of Norwich Thorpe Shed from 1949 to 1955! Funny that. I wonder what it was doing up there for so long?

There's one more SR Standard Class loco that Maunsell developed for London Freight. It's a class I have long sought after, but after finally getting my hands on the diagrams it should be making an appearance someday soon.

Hopefully... ;)

The W class? I can't think of any others...

Cheers,

PLP

The W class? I can't think of any others...

Cheers,

PLP

Bingo. That's the one.

The W Class is integral to modeling south London rail traffic. Norwood Junction Shed homed several of these tanks and they performed excellently on transfer goods and secondary services.

Personally I like them because they are a direct descendant of the SECR K Class (just with smaller wheels) and they never got a chance after the Sevenoaks Incident. In a way, it's like giving the Ks a second chance to prove themselves - a chance they lived up to!

Last edited:
I agree, they're lovely looking locos - much as the K class were. A pity none of either class were saved for preservation, although it is of some solace to know that 31806 is still with us.

Cheers,

PLP

Now there's a locomotive that looks like it could do a job of work. (Picture courtesy of Wikipedia)

Clapham_Stewarts_Lane_Locomotive_Depot_SR_2-6-4T_geograph-2665159-by-Ben-Brooksbank.jpg

Presently working on something a little different. This is a Foden geared locomotive downloaded from Steve Flander's website. This is quite an old model now and I've been working on updating it with a new sound file and engine spec along with a new cab interior view. The new sound file is based around a recording of a Fowler traction engine and sounds reasonably good considering I don't really know what I'm doing. This little locomotive seems to like working best with the 'advanced' steam controls which makes it a lot of fun to drive.

0f2gFuO.jpg

Now there's a locomotive that looks like it could do a job of work. (Picture courtesy of Wikipedia)

Clapham_Stewarts_Lane_Locomotive_Depot_SR_2-6-4T_geograph-2665159-by-Ben-Brooksbank.jpg

Right you are Annie! They were very hardworking locos and performed flawlessly at moderate speeds. Unfortunately they never seemed to iron out that wobbly curve jumping at high speeds, so they never got the chance to work the suburban circular workings. Such a shame!

I'm very interested in this little newcomer you are working on Annie! Reminds me of some of the 36in Diesel Railcars we have in the US Mountains. "Galloping Goose" was what I think they were called.

One little update before bed. After dawdling around in Merstham for a month I have finally found the information I needed to continue onward to North Coulsdon! I'm very happy with how the twin tunnels turned out as well.

They went from this:

4YaLT1w.jpg
[/IMG]

To this:

y0z1vVh.jpg
[/IMG]

ah5SIfV.jpg
[/IMG]

It's pretty amazing how Trainz lets you cover so much ground in such a short time. I really love this game!!

En90Ywj.jpg
[/IMG]

8ewVl20.jpg
[/IMG]

vB5AVNa.jpg
[/IMG]

Also, a few from the route to North Coulsdon. The track for the main line and the yards has been laid and the fantastic signal box is once again thanks to the talents of building wizard Paul of Paulz Trainz! Hoping to make it to Croydon by the end of the month - fingers crossed!

fWFrWO0.jpg
[/IMG]

NLA865D.jpg
[/IMG]

i0fRrLC.jpg
[/IMG]

Some great shots from you all; my humble contribution. Afraid we're still on diesels, I do run steam - promise!

Class 08 seen on a ballast working at Motala:
X5GKroo.jpg

Passing Eldon's Siding:
Q3AA8qm.jpg

Crossing the level crossing at Norden:
jAFBsho.jpg

Shunting stock into the siding. This used to be the old road/rail interchange until the new one was built the other side of the crossing:
CSIEZno.jpg

saosPJs.jpg

Cheers,

PLP

Finally, some steam! SR U class 31625 on a Norden to Swanage service:
ZNb1Ehg.jpg

JUvGRPy.jpg

Fujcg5A.jpg

JVDqhvR.jpg

JYwVaMK.jpg

T33468t.jpg

GM2Iyf5.jpg

KPzBcY0.jpg

tQvlOGA.jpg

qrkTIAz.jpg

Cheers,

PLP

And what a wonderful steam engine to start us off with! I never tire of seeing that U Class!!

It's funny how we started a conversation about the Ks and Ws and then it segway into the most successor of the K Class family tree! The Southern Railway really does have an amazing history.

@Tanker46 aren't they just? They're beautiful models!

@1996 it's the payware 08 from Eldavo - it's got its own interior which is brilliant!

Cheers,

PLP

@Tanker46 aren't they just? They're beautiful models!

@1996 it's the payware 08 from Eldavo - it's got its own interior which is brilliant!

Cheers,

PLP

Too right my friend! Thanks be to Mr. Maunsell for creating these 8 wheeled masterpieces!

This is nowhere near the glory that is Swanage but I got a bit inspired with the Q Class the other day.

From a (very) underdeveloped part of the Brighton Route, Q Class No.541 is dual heading a Bluebell Gala excursion from East Grinstead Station to terminate at Sheffield Park. The loco on the other end is none other than Bluebell veteran SECR Wainwright H Class No.263.

7xpg544.jpg
[/IMG]

H4UzOYl.jpg
[/IMG]

0MjFmi2.jpg
[/IMG]

99UgMpz.jpg
[/IMG]

610fs3O.jpg
[/IMG]

97kvnOp.jpg
[/IMG]