Page 221 of 230 FirstFirst ... 121171211219220221222223 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,315 of 3444

Thread: UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

Excellent pictures, all, and thank you, Annie for your kind comments about Riccarton Junction. It was nice to see Frank’s shots, and thank you for the useful background information.
    It must be time I did a bit more work as I have been a bit quiet lately, with a couple of projects on hold.
    Best wishes
    Ian

AEx SR N CLASS A410 of 73A Stewarts Lane with ex LSWR coackes.

Excellent post Tailight! The N Class looks wonderful!

Coincidentally, 73A is one of the MPDs I need to model on the Brighton Route Project but I can't discern exactly where it is. Might have to recheck my books on the matter..
    Tanker46

Member of TCWW - Developer of the Brighton Project

Tanker 46, The former Stewarts Lane is close to the Southern end of the flyover where the former LBSCR lines crossed the LSWR lines to & form Waterloo & survived unlike so former steam sheds. Not far from Clapham Junction.

Here's more info for 73A

https://shedbashuk.blogspot.com/2017...battersea.html

Cheers, evilcrow

Hello Tanker - The BR Database has a section on sites, including engine sheds/depots.

http://www.brdatabase.info/

http://www.brdatabase.info/sites.php...ge=main&id=517

There is a window showing the location of the shed on a map, linked to the OS 1;10560 map at the National Library of Scotland

Regards
    Frank

Thank you Frank and everyone! These references help a lot!

Most of my time has been spent trying to gather map data for my route on TrainzDEM. I have had an idea of where Stewarts Lane was but I couldn't pinpoint the area with just photographs. This map not only is extremely helpful in finding the site but if I can tile the data then I can complete the London to Brighton line much faster than before!

Is there any way to properly download this map data you provided? I'm trying to incorporate the entire London to Brighton line before expanding East and West.

Just a quick set of screenshots. N15s masquerading with the new Malachites!

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Tanker46; November 23rd, 2020 at 09:08 PM.
    Tanker46

Most of my time has been spent trying to gather map data for my route on TrainzDEM. I have had an idea of where Stewarts Lane was but I can't pinpoint the area with just photographs.

Is there any way to properly download this map data you provided? I'm trying to incorporate the entire London to Brighton line before expanding East and West.
    It's fairly straightforward to purchase full size digital copies of maps from the National Library of Scotland website Tanker. I've done this with parts of the route of the 1880s Cornwall Railway for my own Broad Gauge projects. Looking at the online maps of Stewarts Lane though I can certainly see that you've got quite a project ahead of yourself.
    Narcolepsy is not napping.

Indeed Annie.

I'm going to just "spill the beans" on this one so to speak. This isn't just a Brighton Route project..

It's a project to model the entire Southern Region of British Railways.

I started with Brighton because I can extend to the east and west easier and the UK Sussex Lines route is more or less on scale with the original Brighton Line and it provides quite a bit of work that is already done for me. The next stage will be the Western Section of the Southern Region , followed by the Kentish and Eastern Regions of the network. There will be backdated versions of the Route for Pre-Grouping and Big Four era setups as well.

This is going to be a long and difficult project but I really want to see it through. As it stands there are more SR region locomotives in Trainz than any other company and I want to create a wide open route that can run all of them. So far I am struggling with the importing of map data and mastering TrainzDEM. It is slow going as I have to learn like Blender - through trial and error.

I hope that I can get the first version of this of the ground and onto the DLS sometime next year, but I can't really give an definite answer right now. The mapping alone is an immense task.
    Last edited by Tanker46; November 25th, 2020 at 02:10 PM.
    Tanker46

United States of America, California, Camarillo

I wonder if anyone has plans on making any BR standard class 5 locomotives for Trainz.

I'm going to just "spill the beans" on this one so to speak. This isn't just a Brighton Route project..

It's a project to model the entire Southern Region of British Railways.
    Gosh Tanker, that's going to be a huge project. Wow. I can't quite get my head around creating something that big. I certainly wish you well with it though and I hope that you're able to be successful.

Running about on the Cornish Mainline in TANE even though the signalling is a crime and the line from Truro to Cambourne is a forest fire waiting to happen. I really should try to fix it sometime, but then I only use it to give my vintage GWR express engines somewhere to stretch out and have a good run.
    The tender is from a Scott Atlantic because it's a better model than the De Glehn one, but I haven't got around to colour matching it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrewf9b View Post
    I wonder if anyone has plans on making any BR standard class 5 locomotives for Trainz.
    Not at the moment. This is NOT the place to ask about possible releases or content. It's a screenshot forum. I suggest you ask somewhere else.
    Tanker46

Quote Originally Posted by KotangaGirl View Post
    Running about on the Cornish Mainline in TANE even though the signalling is a crime and the line from Truro to Cambourne is a forest fire waiting to happen. I really should try to fix it sometime, but then I only use it to give my vintage GWR express engines somewhere to stretch out and have a good run.
    The tender is from a Scott Atlantic because it's a better model than the De Glehn one, but I haven't got around to colour matching it yet.

Thank you Annie for your support and your screenshots! The GWR Atlantics look marvelous and I may consider getting one myself!

A little bit of traffic on the IOW. Now that 2 of the three locomotives in the IOW Fleet exsist in Trainz I though it would be fun to get some runtime in with them!

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    Tanker46