UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

I agree. I'm 27 now and when I was 20 I wanted to see the world and never settle down. So I went and saw it. Now I just want to be home with my wife and son. It's all I want to do.

I really do want to visit England though. I want to go to Swanage and drive a Maunsell U Class before the end of my life..

re post #3217 Tanker46
Thanks for the compliment Tanker46, my route is an experiment in seasonal application, it uses a lot of payware textures and as many of the buildings etc altered to make them seasonal are from 3rd party websites, I'm afraid there is little chance of it being released.
I'm glad you enjoyed my reskins of ANL's UP FEFs.
When this vile Covid virus is over, visit the UK, sooner than later. Much to do and see.
Please see this site for up-to-date info

https://www.railadvent.co.uk/

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Cheers, evilcrow

re post #3217 Tanker46
Thanks for the compliment Tanker46, my route is an experiment in seasonal application, it uses a lot of payware textures and as many of the buildings etc altered to make them seasonal are from 3rd party websites, I'm afraid there is little chance of it being released.

Well I think you can count the experiment a success evilcrow.

I agree. The route is thoroughly interesting and I would love to take a look at it. :) It looks even better than somewhere ScR!!

More from Dearnby. This time a bit different as it is from Charlie's brother Edward Starkey. Charlie included an excerpt from him he collected during the transitional phase of the Pre-Grouping companies post WW1.

July 20th, 1919 - This season isn't turning out how I hoped it would. Management doesn't think I'm fit for passenger service yet, with my leg being as it is and all. I've been cleared to work but I 've been put on light freight duty until my leg finishes healing proper. I don't mind these Jubilees but the heat is really getting to me! My leg's starting to play up but if I let them see that it will be curtains for my career as an engineer.

Charlie has been super supportive through it all. I may give him a hard time but him and his wife are all I've got - can't rely on mum or dad to help being up in Anglia and all.

"What are we waiting on?" I asked as we idled with a local freight at Westacott. "Is it an inspection or-?"

"Shunted." Gregory said bluntly. "A special is coming through so we're gonna wait till it passes."

Htdm6fM.jpg
[/IMG]

I was about to reply when an unfamiliar whistle sounded out. I thought it might be one of Charlie's Western trips but I was surprised to see a locomotive I'd never seen before! It was huge and painted in a grey almost as dark as the smoke that it was shrouded in.

"Who the devil?" I shouted out. "Is it one of ours?"

"No." Gregory said. "It's Chatam's"

"Well what the hell is it doing out here?"

"Foreman says it's on trial" He replied. "Dearnby's looking for some new freight locomotives to handle the heavy loads."

9nyimy0.jpg
[/IMG]

KEflU3M.jpg
[/IMG]

I turned to watch it leave. Another small whistle was heard as one of those little Stroudley locomotives moved in with a mix of wagons.

"One of those Brighton scamps too eh? When will management give them the boot out of our territory?"

"I wouldn't bank on it." Gregory rapt. "You'd better get used to seeing more of them in the future."

As blunt as he was, I always felt Gregory knew something I didn't. I watched the Stroudley engine shuffle the cars into the siding and then prepared for departure as the signal changed in our favor. Freight work is Charlie's cup of tea, it doesn't suit me too well. Foreman's putting me on a D15 next week. That will be nice.

k3EWjWo.jpg
[/IMG]

Also one more thing from me. Ed's new D15s just hit the DLS so here's a few obligatory shots of a D15 racing through LMS territory of St. Bennett's station.

kDs0DA5.jpg
[/IMG]

7wAXrcZ.jpg
[/IMG]

W0Eidb1.jpg
[/IMG]

eQ0IXTK.jpg
[/IMG]

dBTha4o.jpg
[/IMG]

BJ5J9Ok.jpg
[/IMG]

Excellent screenshots and storytelling Tanker. I couldn't help, but notice a certain ex-LNWR tank engine lurking in the background of one of your screenshots. Looks good there too.

Yes is does! It's quite a durable little engine - it's designer knew exactly what she was doing! :hehe:

St Bennett lies directly north of Dearnby Central (Dearne on Sea in the original) so it is operated by the LNWR and later the LMS. The Precursor Tanks look after the suburban trains here until their retirement in 1947. One eventually makes it to the Mold and Denaby Preservation Society (another heritage line I am working on) which occasionally does outings with the Fellhall and Moorhurst from time to time.

It was heavily tested on the Lickey Incline Tanker so I'm glad it's performing well for you. I was aiming for a sensible power class 2 engine and not a super powered engine, so I hope you're finding out I got my sums right. It shouldn't be too long before I have a version in LNWR livery off to be uploaded to the DLS once I've frowned at it enough.

I'm looking forward to it. It's a really nice skin and I am enjoying it on Dearnby. It's surprisingly powerful but the Lickey Incline testing explained that! :hehe:

Is there a chance you might give Webb's Coal Tank the same treatment?

Tank, old chuffer,

If you're going to have Dearnby set in yesteryear, when even I wasn't born, you will have to replace all them BR Western Region signals and speedboards with a variety of queer semaphores and signs as used by the pre-grouper companies. As I put in all them BR sigs and speedboards, I know how long this will take you! 950,307 man hours!! :)

Lataxe

Tanker46,
The screenshots are great. I'm really enjoying the continuing saga of the Starkey brothers. The little details really make the story and bring color to an amazing route.

Heinrich505

Tank, old chuffer,

If you're going to have Dearnby set in yesteryear, when even I wasn't born, you will have to replace all them BR Western Region signals and speedboards with a variety of queer semaphores and signs as used by the pre-grouper companies. As I put in all them BR sigs and speedboards, I know how long this will take you! 950,307 man hours!! :)

Lataxe

Thank you for your advice Lataxe and I really appreciate all your hard work on this amazing route!!

I'm slowly getting around to the signal and speedsign backdating as it is an enormous task to accomplish. I have been spending all my time currently replacing the 50s cars and lorries with horse drawn wagons and edwardian era steam vehicles. Once I finish replacing them all I can move on to Pre-Grouping Signals.

Again, thanks so much for the help as I am still new to route building as well. :)

I'm looking forward to it. It's a really nice skin and I am enjoying it on Dearnby. It's surprisingly powerful but the Lickey Incline testing explained that! :hehe:

Is there a chance you might give Webb's Coal Tank the same treatment?

The Coal Tank is difficult Tanker in that I can certainly improve the textures, but its long coupled wheelbase makes it really difficult to find suitable substitute wheels. I will have a look at it, but no promises.

Tanker46,
The screenshots are great. I'm really enjoying the continuing saga of the Starkey brothers. The little details really make the story and bring color to an amazing route.

Heinrich505

Thanks Heinrich. This isn't the end for these stories by any means. The memoirs flesh out a larger history that connects to nearly every route project I have worked on from Pre-Grouping Dearnby to the Fellhall and Moorhurst Heritage Railway.

The only project I have separate is the Brighton Project as it is a prototypical project in every sense of the word.

A small continuation of Charlie Starkey's memoirs as his brother Edward recalls his first return to passenger service after returning from the war.

Edward and I met at the station the other day. He couldn't stop gloating about how he got the call from Eastleigh that he was to return to active passenger duty. Priscilla and I were blessed with a son but anyone would think that he'd just received news of such an event!

I really worry for him. The doctor said his leg will heal but the shrapnel damage means it will never be what it once was. Even though the rolling and rough riding on the footplate will take it's toll, he can't imagine being anywhere else. He's a railwayman through and through. I'm proud of my brother as his sibling and as a man. I promised him I'd add in a bit of one of the most interesting stories he ever told me...

July 30th, 1919 - I can't hide my excitement to be back in the cab of a passenger train once again! Foreman doesn't want me on expresses just yet so I look to be working stopping trains until further notice. The old man even pulled some strings to get me old fireman Rory paired with me on these runs!

When I got to the platform this morning the train was already prepared to go. Sadly, my 451 has been absent since I returned from the service. Was sent up to Nine Elms for a rebuild I think. No.465 was standing in for it. I wasn't too keen on these new eight wheelers when I saw them, but Rory reassured me.

"These new eight wheelers are worth their weight in service!" He would say. "They'll surprise you for sure! Wait and see!!"

Rory never steered me wrong. These new D15s took off in a flash, rode smoothly and glided into the station when we needed to stop. Although we would be getting T14s by the end of next year I couldn't help but become attached to the engine.

BG5GGVx.jpg
[/IMG]

ghVYo5D.jpg
[/IMG]

gBH1Y67.jpg
[/IMG]

gmGg5hH.jpg
[/IMG]

On the last day of August, Rory and I returned from taking the morning stopping train to Badgercombe when we noticed an enormous crowd amassed in the center of Dearnby Central. Given the time of day the station should be vacant.

"What are they looking at?" I asked intently. "Is it a royal visit?"

Rory shook his head and smiled broadly as two new gleaming tenders came into view.

"The future Ed." He said simply. "They're looking at the future.."

BQS7mNz.jpg
[/IMG]

Zixgmbn.jpg
[/IMG]

fI1jgpT.jpg
[/IMG]

ULAafCZ.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
I'm sorry to hear that taillight. Have you tried using Imgur? I stopped using Flickr because I had the same problem. Apparently they dont support the BBcode the forums uses.

Imgur does though. I use it for all my Trainz screenshots like this one:

jovuGiG.jpg
[/IMG]

Back