UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

Well what a great night of my first session in multiplayer. Great fun had by all. Here is a taste below of what we got up to!

AAC2EFCF5253A0F7D4D1FC0AD60163930026DA79

Newest driver started off with some passenger work while I did some shunting up at Warbridge to bring general goods over the summit to Farnley depot.

1606E0C83C1E4998994A86B1115E042F5F09BF40

Catching him on the way back over the summit at Thirn. Ivatt was struggling with the 2% but the Compound was working well all night.

19C2B5ACDEA829BCFEF2BCF2AD61EA718A91E6F3

Was brave and attempted the coal run with the Ivatt. Close calls on the incline but just made it. Swedar taking the cattle vans up to Dinmore for a return to Farnley.

4EAC9FAE644289BBEBA7AFA68DA7498BC6F0034D

Bit of a hiccup at the coal merchants on my return. I had too many wagons! So Swedar jumped into the shunter and got the wagons shunted correctly and in good time! Even able to get the Ivatt at the front of the train for leaving. Great stuff and some on the fly thinking involved.
9409225BC21712CD6D01ACD78AF627496C6CB62A

59A5950BBF93A88956F5DAD39C3CAC3D0F79102A

FA3491A159D118DCC23F752C0CC786E320C28F54

8668AB9570930B96FCBDDB7E145D0E41B01B20CD

If people are interested in new models of an LSWR M7 or a Maunsell N class I might be able to help out.

I recently looked at the N class whilst rebuilding my Metropolitan K class as it's a very similar locomotive. I basically just need to cut the bunker off and remove the tanks and I have an N class. I even have the tender already as it's the same as the 6 wheel variant I did for the King Arthur. The main stumbling block I hit was not being able to find any good drawings showing the details of the cab and smoke deflectors (the main additions I would need to model). If anyone can find some good N class drawings and pass them on I should be able to get a model done quite quickly.

An M7 should also be relatively straightforward as it has many similarities to locomotives I have completed before. It would also be a good addition to go alongside my existing C8 and 700 class models, which were closely related designs.

Ed,

That's exceptionally good of you - if you're willing to do it, that would be fantastic.

Aside from the drawings for the N, do you require any other resources for either?

I'm really excited about this project; as tanker said, by the time Swanage is released we'll more or less have the entire home fleet!

Cheers,

PLP

M7 I have plenty or information for, as I have a very good book on Drummond LSWR locos, complete with lots of works drawings. Just need to find time for that one. For the N class, it's mainly drawings that I need, as there are plenty of photos around.

That's really generous of you Ed! I'm positive a M7 Class would be extremely well received addition to your southwestern fleet!

I'm definitely interested in an N Class as well. I knew the Maunsell W Class 2-6-4Ts were similar to the Ks but I had forgotten that they were originally built from N Class kits bout from the SECR. (I have diagrams for both)

The N Class was the equivalent of the GWR 4300s and were the workhorses for the SR until the arrival of their U Class cousins. They were an extremely popular site on the old LSWR lines!

As far as diagrams go, I think I can help you there...

8oXFII1.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
That drawing is just what I needed. I'm working on a few more LSWR TS19 upgrades at the moment but I should hopefully be able to slot an N class into my schedule in the not too distant future.

Post#2669 - Is it Chris? I had a friend from my model train club supply me with this diagram and others (LN,V, Q, and Bulleid Pacifics). I am a huge fan of Beattie's work and I use his diagrams regularly on my modeling projects. I have been trying to find U Class diagrams like these ones so I can continue my work with the U Class, but unfortunately I have had no such luck.

Post#2670 - Glad I could help Ed! Your Metropolitan locos look fantastic and I cant wait to see the N Class in the future!

Parker has allowed me to beta test his Swanage route and it really is a beauty. I can't believe how excellent the route looks in TRS19. I spent the day tinkering with Jayholland's Bulleid Rebuilt Pacifics and I was able to replicate the two of the Swanage-based locomotives WC No.34028 Eddystone and BB No.34053 Sir Keith Park. These engines date all the way back to TS2009 but they still look as good as ever a decade later!!

bR9M5AJ.jpg
[/IMG]

ncPAyKc.jpg
[/IMG]

aoTucV7.jpg
[/IMG]

gj0ARFD.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
Hi tanker,

Glad to see you like the route. Eddystone and Sir Keith Park look very much at home!

Are you using a regional version of TRS19? Some of the assets seem to be missing, mainly hedges and trees from what I can see on your screenshots.

Nevertheless, great screenshots and thanks for agreeing to test it. I've got 3 testers now and had some really great and helpful feedback so far so it will only improve!

Cheers,

PLP

Thanks Parker!

Yes, I bought the UK version of TRS19 as I run my trainz versions on a laptop and with both TANE and Blender on here it gets a bit difficult to run things with extra assets. I will probably purchase the full TRS19 when I get a desktop computer that can withhold it but right now it works perfectly fine for me.

The route is fantastic! I have no errors or difficulties running the route so far. It's working fantastically for me on my laptop!

After a few hours I finally got the third Swanage Pacific into TRS19. No.34010 Sidmouth is running a mainline excursion from Weymouth to Swanage.

pYspJiW.jpg
[/IMG]

RmQweqj.jpg
[/IMG]

Eyu9qGE.jpg
[/IMG]

31874 is looking great on the Swanage Parker! I hope when I get the chance to visit in the future it will be operational!

Finally got some actual running in on my Brighton Route! Just some typical day to day operations...

PzScEYP.jpg
[/IMG]

wVwMKSL.jpg
[/IMG]

Du8o7VB.jpg
[/IMG]

wVwMKSL.jpg
[/IMG]

Hey Tanker I see you've got a double decker there. It's funny to think that it lived it working career near me on the North Kent line. Seems funny seeing it on the Brighton line :) Amazing to think that had it worked we'd have seen them everywhere on the southern region. My mother used travel on them to work when she was a young lady. Also my nan used to clean them when they were at Slade Green. Thanks for the happy remembrance :)

Last edited:
You are so very welcome Chris! :D

To be honest I didn't know that the double deckers were Kent Based. I recently discovered that a good portion of Horsham was electrified by the mid 50s and I decided that I would used a random assortment of jayhollands EMUs to represent this and contrast with my steam fleet. It makes me happy that I could bring a little joy to you.

Out of curiosity, are there any more EMU types that you remember from Kent? I plan on extending the route along the SECR lines through Kent to Dover eventually and having knowledge of the typical traffic on those lines would certainly help! :)

Last edited:
Hey Tanker I see you've got a double decker there. It's funny to think that it lived it working career near me on the North Kent line. Seems funny seeing it on the Brighton line :) Amazing to think that had it worked we'd have seen them everywhere on the southern region. My mother used travel on them to work when she was a young lady. Also my nan used to clean them when they were at Slade Green. Thanks for the happy remembrance :)

So that's what they are. I looked at Tanker's screenshot and I thought, 'Wow, they're unusual.' Thanks for the explanation Chris.

Back