UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

Indeed it is Jimmy. Available in Midland, LMS and BR versions. The Midland version is going to be a bit lonely though since the only decent Midland engine available in Trainz is a late pre-grouping Compound. The Midland is worse off than the L&Y and that's saying something.

owRlYBL.jpg

'Jinties'! I dug out my Gary Price 'Jinties' to run on the Lickey bank layout.

Zq8S6Lb.jpg

After talking with some of the Midland and LMS enthusiasts on RMweb I discovered that Garratts did run on Lickey (oh joy unbridled!), but the other gem of information was that loaded coal trains in general ran down Lickey bank and empties ran up (apart from some anthracite trains) ; - and not how the original layout builder had set things up. Of course it makes for a much more exciting driving experience with things the other way around which is most probably why the layout was originally built that way.

So now my LMS Garratts have a layout to call their own and I can move them all out of Middle Vales and let the Super D's have their railway back.
6OGdA20.jpg

Evilcrow,
Amazing screenshots, as always! I especially like the second shot. I really love the look of those Modified Merchant Navy engines (I hope I identified it right).

Nice use of white balance to "cool" the second shot down. Great work!

Heinrich505

Beautiful shots of these Southern Locos Evilcrow! I'm glad you are such a fan of Chrisaw's H16! It's a fine locomotive to be sure. It gets a lot of use along with its counterpart the G16 on my Cornwall route.

Just picked up the new LBSCR A1 Terrier pack from Camscott. I highly recommend it to anyone who is a fan of SR locomotives! Here's Waddon and Boxhill working a double header on Angelah's Hayling Island Branch Route! :)

7dtTeRs.jpg
[/IMG]

xU6Ee54.jpg
[/IMG]

6tgOH6i.jpg
[/IMG]

DGH8BPa.jpg
[/IMG]

Jyf7xbw.jpg
[/IMG]

uRCbdkQ.jpg
[/IMG]

#3180 That is a great screenshot evilcrow. Love the way you composed the screenshot.

#3109 Terriers! and on Hayling island too. I've been really slack and haven't given my new K&ESR Terriers a run yet Tanker.

In between falling asleep too often I've been busy with working on Lickey. I should have seen this was going to happen. The maps and the old photos are out and I'm working on rebuilding the layout.

Jrdx7yv.jpg

re post #3109 Tanker46
Thank you Tanker46 for your kind words, Chrisaw's H16s are indeed a mighty fine addition as are his other locos. Those Terriers look superb.
re post # 3111 KotangaGirl
Than you Annie for the compliment. Hopefully the thrash from the Garratt will keep you awake.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Cheers, evilcrow

Thank you for your kinds words Annie and Evilcrow! I hope you are feeling better soon Annie. It's always a joy to see what you are working on!

Final screenshot set for the week - on TRS19 no less!!

With the summer wrapping up to a close, the Fellhall and Moorhurst Railway has opened up its End of Summer Steam Gala! The entire F&M Fleet has been hauled out and put in steam for this special event. On closer inspection, there seem to be two newcomers to the line up....

w61YDEU.jpg
[/IMG]

One of the newest additions to the F&M is Ex-IOW Terrier Carisbrooke! This little A1 was one of the first locomotives ever to be purchased off British Railways in 1960. Due to a lack of parts, the locomotive has been stored in the sidings at Moorhurst until it underwent a massive restoration project this summer! Now shining brightly as if it were brand new, the A1 is painted in its BR Malachite livery it wore in 1948 as it was the only Terrier to receive it.

5iBCspM.jpg
[/IMG]

The second addition is the crown jewel in the F&M's locomotive roster. Ex-LBSCR N15X No.32329 Stephenson was bought in 1961 just moments before it was hauled into the scrapper's shed. Some veterans say that the engine was saved only because the owner ran inside screaming "that's my engine you vultures!!". Due to the deteriorated condition it was in upon arrival it took some time to repair No.32329 back into working order, but thanks to the hard working men at the F&M it is back in regular service.

Today the N15X is heading the first train of the day containing a variety of new coaching stock from Ex-Metropolitan Dreadnoughts to Ex-LSWR Drummond 54ft Carriages. The workmen have all congregated to the end of the platform to get a sight at this beautiful engine take off on its first run of the season.

ksLVlmM.jpg
[/IMG]

aUC2z7l.jpg
[/IMG]

wE1OOzM.jpg
[/IMG]

xXwVljh.jpg
[/IMG]

Finally the next run of the day is with newcomer Carisbrooke and the popular CV&H No.1 working the afternoon lunch special. Both engines look a fine sight as they head out of Fellhall double heading the train..

Xtt2tN4.jpg
[/IMG]

Zd1VeNR.jpg
[/IMG]

an8QOPB.jpg
[/IMG]

I finally got around to trying out my K&ESR Terrier. It's a bit shiny. Seen alongside my much modded copy of 'Northiam' the high state of polish is a bit on the extreme side. Not sure if I like it to tell the truth.

v8CTuH6.jpg

It certainly runs just fine though. I took 'Rolvenden' out for a run along my still very much WIP modded version of Angelah's K&ESR route to both horrify myself with how much still needs to be done and also to see how these new Terriers perform.

KTOYq0E.jpg

GGK7QYh.jpg

3EJcVuU.jpg

EtHq55p.jpg

I understand your feeling Annie. I think the problem I have with TRS19 is the supernova sun oversaturating everything it touches. I'm experimenting with the environmental editing but I still much prefer to model routes in TANE.

I'm really impressed with how nice Angelah's routes have aged over time. The Hayling Island Branch just needs a little bit of love and it will be as good as new!

I've been wanting to ask but do you think that Angelah would mind if I added the Hayling Island Branch to my Brighton Route Project? The line joins up with Havant Station on the mainline so it would be a perfect fit for the freeware route itself.

Since Angela Halliday is a member of TCWW Alexander I think she would be quite open to you making use of her Hayling Island Branch. She does follow the group message board so you could ask her.

I haven't had to do a great deal really with the K&ESR. Mainly just tidying things up and changing the trees (soooo many trees). I've made some changes at stations using old photos and OS maps as a guide, but my main aim has been to keep as much of the character of the original route as I possibly can. Once I'm happy with it I'll ask Angela if I can upload it as a TS2019 update, but it's still a bit too early for that yet.

The lighting isn't too bad on the K&ESR, but I think I might need to adjust it just a wee bit more. I will admit though that TS2019 doesn't make it easy when it comes to the environmental settings.

Ah! I understand. That would probably be the best way to go about it. Once I break through Chichester I will be making my way towards Havant and the Hayling Island Branch she did is so beautiful I would love to incorporate it as part of the Southern Railway network. I have felt the same way about the KESR but I don't know if I will get to that point for a while.

I always feel slightly inadequate posting screenshots after your own stunning ones evilcrow.

Work is continuing on Lickey with me having just about completely rebuilt Bromsgrove, but I took a break to introduce a pair of 'Jubilees' to the layout. Gary Price's engines are good basic simple engines that look like they should with no 'magic' bits to go wrong and as you might have guessed I really like them.
I have one of his unrebuilt 'Patriots' as well, but it's being camera shy.

45700 'Britannia'

LT9pXq2.jpg

45572 'Eire'

DiUxc5q.jpg

Like you, Annie, I really like GP Locomotives but I think you do them a disservice by calling them basic and simple. I suppose it depends exactly what kind of thing you are looking for and all the main locomotive creators (with whom we are truly blessed) have their particular strengths. . For what I do, I find Gary's models to be as sophisticated and realistically detailed as anything available and with an exceptional range of liveries to boot.

Unfortunately i have to agree with Annie. GPL models are decently built but most have very basic textures with no weathering or detail, save for some weathered skins for his 4F and 7F. And by modern standards, all the rivets are textured-on, which is fine for saving polys but makes the models look somewhat old by comparison to newer stuff. The textures are also low-res, i think 512x512 at most so they're quite blurry up-close. Some textures are also simple colors stretched over multiple areas so reskinning them is fairly difficult without changing tons of different parts at once.

A long while ago i spent some time doing my best to reskin some of his models for my own use. I planed on going back and doing more for myself but i essentially wanted to up-res and redo the textures from scratch, and after a while i stopped.

mC2b6fo.jpg

I think the slight metal texture i overlayed goes a long way in making the locomotive look somewhat more realistic. Unfortunately it ended up causing a lot of texture artifacting (the boiler and running board appear green if you look closely) that i wasn't able to resolve. Perhaps in the future i'll try again with some different, more involved methods.

For now though, you won't find more variety anywhere outside than GPL. He's got pretty much every major BR-LMS locomotive you'd want covered, and while they're pretty basic nowadays (they don't even have interchangeable headcode lamps, something that was standard on trainsim.co.uk's models in the 2006 era), they're still worth the asking price. His project page hasn't been updated since 2018, i hope he's doing well.

I had a chat with Gary a while ago via email and he's been having some problems which I won't go into here on a public forum. While his models are basic in their texturing and look a little old fashioned alongside the current crop of engines that are being made for Trainz they are nicely made and run well and I'm certainly happy to have them on the roster. If you're into the early LMR BR period like I am GPL is pretty much a one stop shop for locomotives.
The rest of my early period LMR engines are TS2006 models so the GPL engines fit in fine.

Yzg5gWI.jpg

Back