Page 330 of 341 FirstFirst ... 230280320328329330331332340 ... LastLast
Results 4,936 to 4,950 of 5111

Thread: UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

Quote Originally Posted by borderreiver View Post
    Here, during 1911 a N.E.R. Fletcher 124 Class 0-6-0T hauls a short rake of empty 11 Ton coal hoppers to diagram P5 to the west of Tow Law.

The wagons are an addition I have had Paul Mace build for me. They are in the pre-1911 freight livery where the wagons were lettered N.E.R. in the upper left corner of the wagon, with the lettering under one plank in height.
    While the company would switch to large N E letters during 1911 it would have probably taken over a decade to change over all existing stock. It certainly took the LNER around a decade to change over pre-grouping wagons to the LNER company livery.

The N.E.R. built 14,262 wagons to Diagram P5 between 1889 and 1907, with around 7,920 in company stock at the grouping. They were built with end brake levers in order to fit within the limited clearances found under the screens in collieries located within the former Stockton & Darlington Railway's area, which later became the Central Division of the N.E.R. The type would be largely extinct by the start of WWII with 189 in LNER NE Area stock, 185 of which were restricted to "local use". Only 23 were in stock at nationalisation, of which 22 were in "local use". Many were sold out to colliery owners for use on colliery systems.

The line from Tow Law as far as the Hownes Gill Viaduct to the west of Consett was in the Central Division, since it was built to be operated by a subsidiary of the S&D. This persisted beyond the abolition of the Central Division in the early 20th century in the form of the boundary between the Darlington and Newcastle District Engineers falling at the eastern end of the Hownes Gill viaduct.
    Glad to see you back in the Northeast Frank! Your NER Tanks are a sight for sore eyes!

I'm glad to see new rolling stock you got Paul to make for you! He's a real talent in both trucks and buildings! That reminds me, I need to pick up those Bricklayers Arms sheds he's got for me!
    Tanker46

Member of TCWW - Developer of the Southern Railway Project

Quote Originally Posted by GIRAUD View Post
    Hello from france,

nice coaches PLP, I will wait for these newliveries...

Very friendly, Marc
    Hi Marc,

They're not my coaches I'm afraid, someone called the Welsh Engineer I think. They're on Twitter but no idea as to when they may be released - all that was mentioned was possibly in time for Christmas. Which Christmas that is I don't know!

But they do look good don't they? Rumour3 is also working on some new mk1's which would be his usual excellent quality but I don't know if anyone else is - we shall have to wait and see what becomes available in the future!

By the way, thanks Ed for the updated U class. Headcodes are now displaying on the loco!

Cheers,

PLP
    Building the Swanage Railway for TRS19.

Quote Originally Posted by PortLineParker View Post
    Hi Marc,

They're not my coaches I'm afraid, someone called the Welsh Engineer I think. They're on Twitter but no idea as to when they may be released - all that was mentioned was possibly in time for Christmas. Which Christmas that is I don't know!

But they do look good don't they? Rumour3 is also working on some new mk1's which would be his usual excellent quality but I don't know if anyone else is - we shall have to wait and see what becomes available in the future!

By the way, thanks Ed for the updated U class. Headcodes are now displaying on the loco!

Cheers,

PLP

Those Mk1's are available via the creator's patreon page, but don't get too excited as sadly the body profile is wrong (flat sides) and a few other less noticeable issues.

Anthony

PS Swanage is looking good!!

Hi Anthony,

Ah yes, £15 for the luxury and sadly only the TSO and BSO available. Think I'll pass for now...

Thanks! I must send you the updated version as a fair bit of work has gone into it since we last talked. How's the WSR going?

Cheers,

PLP

Quote Originally Posted by borderreiver View Post
    Here, during 1911 a N.E.R. Fletcher 124 Class 0-6-0T hauls a short rake of empty 11 Ton coal hoppers to diagram P5 to the west of Tow Law.

<picture snipped>

The wagons are an addition I have had Paul Mace build for me. They are in the pre-1911 freight livery where the wagons were lettered N.E.R. in the upper left corner of the wagon, with the lettering under one plank in height.
    While the company would switch to large N E letters during 1911 it would have probably taken over a decade to change over all existing stock. It certainly took the LNER around a decade to change over pre-grouping wagons to the LNER company livery.

The N.E.R. built 14,262 wagons to Diagram P5 between 1889 and 1907, with around 7,920 in company stock at the grouping. They were built with end brake levers in order to fit within the limited clearances found under the screens in collieries located within the former Stockton & Darlington Railway's area, which later became the Central Division of the N.E.R. The type would be largely extinct by the start of WWII with 189 in LNER NE Area stock, 185 of which were restricted to "local use". Only 23 were in stock at nationalisation, of which 22 were in "local use". Many were sold out to colliery owners for use on colliery systems.

The line from Tow Law as far as the Hownes Gill Viaduct to the west of Consett was in the Central Division, since it was built to be operated by a subsidiary of the S&D. This persisted beyond the abolition of the Central Division in the early 20th century in the form of the boundary between the Darlington and Newcastle District Engineers falling at the eastern end of the Hownes Gill viaduct.
    Nice to see you posting again Frank and with a good looking screenshot too.
    Last edited by KotangaGirl; November 27th, 2021 at 08:57 AM. Reason: spelling
    Narcolepsy is not napping.

Nice screenshots, everyone. I do agree with whoever originally talked about upgraded Mark 1 stock (I believe it was PortLineParker). However, I still think that Mike10's Mark 1 stock does still hold up, and they also look quite nice in TANE. Such as here:

Paul Hobbs' absolutely incredible Fowler 4F, taking a short train of Suburban Mk1s out of Hawes, on a rainy evening. Also... anyone notice something about Paul Hobbs'​ Fowler 4F? Hint: the number.
    British Steam Trust Ltd.

The future of British mainline steam...

I hope this isn't considered double-posting, but I've got another screenshot - GWR King No. 6023 "King Edward II" making its way down the Cornish Main Line with a rake of Stanier III coaches, in its beautiful Express Blue livery. This is just me, but there's been a bit of a lack of GWR shots recently, and I wanted to break away from the Settle & Carlisle line, which I've been doing a lot. (Hopefully nobody's sick of the SnC - it is an absolutely beautiful route.)

Again, sorry if this is considered double-posting.
    British Steam Trust Ltd.

Post away all you want I don't think anyone is going to mind. It's a small technical point, but the 'Kings' didn't work into Cornwall; - it still makes a good looking picture though.

Huh. Never knew that really, thanks for letting me know. Maybe King Edward II would work there in the modern day - it has worked the mainline in preservation, yes? (I haven't checked if it's still operational or under overhaul though, so I don't know if it's still running at this very moment.
    British Steam Trust Ltd.

Great shots all!

Here we see 2 locos in action; N15 777 Sir Lamiel on a service train and U class 31806 moving off shed:

Cheers,

PLP

Absolutely incredible shots, Parker! Quick question - how did you get headcode discs on the N15 class? (I know it’s edh6’s TS19 model, so it’s probably an extra feature there) Is it a commodity, like Camscott’s N15x, with the regular marker lamps as the 1962 headcodes? (I assume that’s what it is.)
    British Steam Trust Ltd.

most / all of Camstock's SR locos have the disks of the different types used by SR as Loadable commodity in all the SR positions, yes LBSC ones in all the liveries uses LBSC Headcodedisk plain & SR pacific code disk but the EDH6 ones you choose a route / destination and it put the right code on the loco for you, witch by what i have loaded think there the EDH6 ones.
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by SRKing783 View Post
    Absolutely incredible shots, Parker! Quick question - how did you get headcode discs on the N15 class? (I know it’s edh6’s TS19 model, so it’s probably an extra feature there) Is it a commodity, like Camscott’s N15x, with the regular marker lamps as the 1962 headcodes? (I assume that’s what it is.)
    Acer Predator orion 5000 16gb ram, rtx2070 graphics on windows 11
    TANE build 105766 (SP4) TRS19 build 114800

Quote Originally Posted by tdstead View Post
    most / all of Camstock's SR locos have the disks of the different types used by SR as Loadable commodity in all the SR positions, yes LBSC ones in all the liveries uses LBSC Headcodedisk plain & SR pacific code disk but the EDH6 ones you choose a route / destination and it put the right code on the loco for you, witch by what i have loaded think there the EDH6 ones.
    Tom
    Tom's right about that SR King. They should be accessible from the properties tab (question mark icon,) for the loco one you place it on the route.

Personally, I find the whole system very confusing. I can never remember which combination I need for each loco to show an express or local headcode. Its perfect for realistic operations though!
    Tanker46

Member of TCWW - Developer of the Southern Railway Project

Another excellent set of screenshots PLP.

Pottering about on the new goods only branchline on my Norfolk layout that's taken me far too long to get finally done and dusted.

very very nice sir