UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

Post #2206 - Oh wow! These look like the real thing! I agree with Anne - a series of pre-grouping shots would be a real interesting project! :)

Since the current theme is these amazing shots, I might as well share some of the Fellhal and Moorhurst Branch in the years of the LBSCR. It's nowhere near as amazing as your screenshots Borderreiver but I hope you enjoy them!

cZkXv8O.jpg
[/IMG]

F7Fz2yV.jpg
[/IMG]

wbwXJDs.jpg
[/IMG]

jHT6RMc.jpg
[/IMG]

Tanker46

Penzance. The Cornish Mainline is sooooo good for letting some of my engines I don't run very often get out and blast the cobwebs away.

TF0XCP4.jpg

Testing the newly installed Brunel viaduct at Penwithers on my Cornish Broad Gauge layout. In later years the GWR replaced the viaduct with an embankment.

3GmAANw.jpg

Hi T46 - Just came across these pics ... and glad that they coaxed you into LMS (etc) territory. It's comments and pics like yours that make Route building so rewarding. perhaps the latest Tristyn Route/Session can tempt you into the GWR and its associated railway companies? Regards. Colin.

Its Grim Up North

A screenshot in the style of a box camera, a type popular between the early 1900s and the 1960s. Early on a foul morning during 1959 a "flying bedstead" Austerity 2-8-0 passes Carr House West Signal Box with a train load of steel products bound for Low Fell yard. The Signalman will be glad of his warm coal fire on a morning such as this, but it will be hard work to pierce the murk to see trains approaching. A combination of rain, mist, smoke and coal dust thickens the atmosphere.

Thanks Annie. My hometown had many a morning such as depicted in the screenshot when I was growing up in a town dominated by steel and coal.

The banking Worsdell Class T1 4-8-0T getting ready to slip. In the same box camera style. The 2-8-0 is making a lot of smoke. I expect that the guard and the footplate crew of the T1 could taste it and no doubt sore eyes to boot.

Last edited:
Back