UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

Re post#1462 KotangaGirl

Thanks for the compliment, Ann.
A couple more for your perusal. Let me see what I can do for a GCR snowshot.

UK..........BR/GCR/MET

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Cheers, Ken

re post #1466 KotangaGirl.

Glad you like it, but you may not like this one.

UK...........BR/GCR/MET

Cheers, evilcrow

Lovely shot there Evilcrow! Those Met Bo-Bo's always look amazing. Very Metroland, I wish you could still up pick a semi in Amersham for about £875. ;)

I don't mind those old MET 'sparkies' evilcrow. Certainly a lot more characterful than modern tin box toothpaste tube trains.

I hope this doesn't count as 'BR blue' for the purposes of this screenshot thread. 'Duchess of Buccleuch' wearing 'experimental blue' (1948-1952) which fits the time period for my version of Middlevales perfectly. When I was a kiddie I had a picture book of trains that had a picture of a Duchess in experiment blue so I absolutely had to have one for Middlevales. A digital model by GP Locomotives.

uWAvO02.jpg

re posts #1468 chris30sg and #1469 KotangaGirl

Thanks for the compliments, a semi in Amersham for £875 when beer was about a shilling (5p) a pint, now that would nice!
KotangaGirl watch out for 46233, due to work railtours this coming December in UK, bound to be on Youtube.

UK.........BR/GCR/MET

Cheers, evilcrow

Another pair of prize winning screenshots evilcrow. The shadow effects in the snow are particularly nice.

Thanks for the heads up about 46233, - I'll keep an eye out for videos of her come December.

LMS built Fowler Compound by GP Locomotives. It's a crying shame none of these were preserved. To compensate I have four on Middlevales including a Midland Railway built one.

WioqvV9.jpg

SVcSUSS.jpg

Last edited:
re post #1472 KotangaGirl

Thanks for the compliment, KotangaGirl. The Midland compound 1000 (BR number 41000) is preserved and did work a few railtours in the 1970s.

UK..........BR/GCR/MET

Cheers, evilcrow

Doh! I completely forgot about No. 1000, - which was of course the original Midland compound.

Very much enjoying your wonderful atmospheric screenshots evilcrow. TS2012 isn't quite up to producing the same visual effects, but I do try.

Ever since I was a teenager I always thought that particular class of engine had a melancholy aspect. Definitely looks cold out though. Great screenshot evilcrow.

I love the snow shots! Feels like I'm getting chills just sitting at my computer screen looking at them! Those pipe-holding flatbeds look awesome with the graphic enhancement too!

I do have a question though. I noticed the reskinned LNER Brakevan at the end of your train and realized that its the freeware one that's available on Darlington Works. I wanted to ask - how you were able to remove the "NE" lettering from the sides of the van? I model mostly in BR stock and I've tried multiple times to remove the letters but I am always unsuccessful..

Great Screenshots again and I look forward to the next set!

Tanker46

I'm not sure what you are doing wrong Tanker. This is my own BR version of Cam's brake van on Middlevales and I had no trouble at all with converting it. It's still a TS2009 model and this screenshot was taken in TS2012. One thing to remember though is that Cam uses high quality JPEGs for his textures which need to be saved at 100% quality.

uplV7mM.jpg

Back