Page 232 of 245 FirstFirst ... 132182222230231232233234242 ... LastLast
Results 3,466 to 3,480 of 3666

Thread: UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

Some really atmospheric screenshots by borderreiver and evilcrow have appeared recently in this thread.

Rob.

Thanks Ed, thanks Rob.

Ed, surprising information about the travel by goods brake. The possibility of a third daily travel option may have been used rather more than we think and it makes me speculate about the interior fitting out of a HR 6-w goods brake! A couple of wooden crates or a bench seat? Of course the guards who operated along the line in HR days are long gone. Oh to have had somebody sit them down in the 1960s/70s and draw that story out of them, as to how many people rode in the brake. The journey time must have been extended in a goods train which stopped to shunt the intermediate stations. There was of couse the reality that there would have been a very long wait for the passenger train. In one of Diana Gabaldon's books and the TV show "Outlander" one of the main characters in 1740s Scottish highlands is to ride from the castle to Inverness in the tinker's cart on his monthly visit. The riding in the brake van may have been an evolution of that kind of rural travel tradition. In the mid-20th century a further evolution of this could be the "post bus" operated by the Royal Mail.

A couple of WIP shots of Ardmair and Isle Martin. very rough with a lot of work remaining to do. A lot of shipping about too.

Looking north from the tunnel portal. A 1 in 50 climb almost from the platform end is required to raise the line around forty feet to the tunnel portal. There are two tunnels to pass through the headland to reach the northern shore of Loch Broom, with a 1 in 75 descent from the southern tunnel portal. A (too) large passenger ferry is at the quay with Ardmair station alongside. I have chosen to go with a single platform , which makes it a smaller one than Kyle. The spur to the Royal Navy depot runs to the right.

The view from the north. A lot of experimenting with textures going on.

Default Ardmair

A busy day building so time to run some trains at Ardmair.

Highland Tank 2-4-0T "Burghead" shunts loaded fish trucks for the Dingwall passenger train.

Skye Bogie 4-4-0 waits on Ardmair's turntable to run in to the station to couple up to the Dingwall train.

The Dingwall train gets away from Ardmair.

Commencing the climb out of the station towards the northern portal of the tunnel.

Ascending the 1 in 50 past the carriage sidings.

That is quite some project you have there Frank and some really excellent screenshots as well.

I didn't miss seeing your screenshot at #3463 Ken and very nice it is too.

Just some very ordinary screenshots from me taken along the Tenpenny branch on the line to Locke's Soak. Things are pretty much shaken down properly in TANE SP3 now with this smaller version of my old TS2012 Norfolk layout.

No.3 doesn't usually work the passenger service, but I'd been doing quite a bit of work on this engine and I wanted to test it out.

Last edited by KotangaGirl; January 24th, 2021 at 04:06 AM. Reason: spelling
    Narcolepsy is not napping.

Thanks Annie. As to "ordinary" screenshots, I have done plenty of those myself. All grist to the mill. Tailight98 and East Lincs has also posted a shot recently, and an O4 to boot, which is a type not often seen in the screenshots. The more the merrier. The "Ullapool route" is quite the size, yes. The DEM is around four years old now so I do it when the enthusiasm for some hard-core building has built up. There is still an immense amount of work to do there.

Dear @borderreiver and dear @evilcrow, @KotangaGirl
    it seems you battle yourself to show us the best screenshots ever.
    I am very happy to see this masterpiece. Thank You for all of it.

Quote Originally Posted by borderreiver View Post
    Dear friend, dear borderreiver,
    can you tell me please, what compartment coaches
    you are showing us and maybe where I can get it?
    Thank You!

Kind regards from Bavaria
    Cosplay, a fan of the old, so called "100 door coaches."

Kind regards from Central Franconia, the North Side of Bavaria

Quote Originally Posted by Cosplay View Post
    Dear @borderreiver and dear @evilcrow, @KotangaGirl
    it seems you battle yourself to show us the best screenshots ever.
    I am very happy to see this masterpiece. Thank You for all of it.

Dear friend, dear borderreiver,
    can you tell me please, what compartment coaches
    you are showing us and maybe where I can get it?
    Thank You!

Kind regards from Bavaria
    Cosplay, a fan of the old, so called "100 door coaches."

Those are are my Highland Railway coaches, all available on the DLS by searching "Highland" and my username.

Hello Ed, you beat me to the reply. Though the Highland carriages were never produced with LMS liveries? I thought they were and if they were I can't find them in my post-SP2 world.

Cosplay, if you want other Highland Railway stuff then I suggest that you also look at assets on the DLS by masontaylor. Buildings and splines. Look for assets starting with HR SGB, I2K, MAS and MLK. His SBS, SCSK and WHR assets also have many items useful for making a Scottish Highland route. Bobsanders produced a couple of Highland Railway 5 plank wagons. Kengreen produced four six-wheel Highland Railway carriages (eg. <kuid:479038:10910> Highland Railway C 6 wheel Compo/Luggage (D58)). Something a little different are the highland backdrops by Corporal_Major (eg. <kuid:178941:1444> Scottish Highlands Backdrop 1).
    Last edited by borderreiver; January 24th, 2021 at 07:11 AM.

Hello Ed, you beat me to the reply. Though the Highland carriages were never produced with LMS liveries? I thought they were and if they were I can't find them in my post-SP2 world.
    I've never done LMS liveries for my Highland coaches. It's one of those things on my list I might do at some point, but so far I haven't got around to it.

Thanks Ed, my memory playing tricks on me there. The new pbr versions of the skye bogie look stunning at a wintry Ardmair.

EEx GCR D11 62670 Marne having rare outing to Lincolnshire Coast Willoughby Loop Line with excursion. No B1 or K3 available so D11 standing in.

just have to love all of masontaylor's items they are so great

Tom

Cosplay, if you want other Highland Railway stuff then I suggest that you also look at assets on the DLS by masontaylor. Buildings and splines. Look for assets starting with HR SGB, I2K, MAS and MLK. His SBS, SCSK and WHR assets also have many items useful for making a Scottish Highland route. Bobsanders produced a couple of Highland Railway 5 plank wagons. Kengreen produced four six-wheel Highland Railway carriages (eg. <kuid:479038:10910> Highland Railway C 6 wheel Compo/Luggage (D58)). Something a little different are the highland backdrops by Corporal_Major (eg. <kuid:178941:1444> Scottish Highlands Backdrop 1).
    Acer Predator Helios 300 16gb ram, GTX1060 graphics on windows home 10
    TANE build 94916 TRS19 build 110491

East Lincolnshire line. Gresley K3 61976 of 31B March heading to Grimsby with fish vans.
    Last edited by tailight98; January 25th, 2021 at 05:32 AM.

Re posts #3466 robd, #3468 borderreiver, #3469 KotangaGirl and #3471 Cosplay many thanks for the compliments.
    Good to see a selection of BR ER locos tailight98.

borderreiver, coal burning Royal Navy vessels would make for fierce sight when "brewing up", clag in abundance !!

LBSCR WIP TANE

Cheers, evilcrow

Really like the Forest Row station scene with the trams also, very nostalgic. Forest Row between Tun Wells West East Grinstead & Three Bridges. Horsham based Q class did some passenger work on that line early 50's when I lived in South East.