UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

A good looking screenshot PLP. I've seen some of your other Swanage screenshots over on t'other UK thread and it's all looking very fine indeed.

Everyone's got such wonderful shots here. I am really enjoying the show.

Ken, re #4100, I really like the moody shot with all the fog and mist, but then the sunny shot just leaps out off the screen, so very nicely. :cool:

Gary

Thank you Gary and Annie.

Still in TANE

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Cheers, evilcrow

Post #4099 - Thank you Graham. Your routes are beautiful and I look forward to the day you return to building them! :D

Post #4100, 4106 - Excellent LNER Screenshots Ken! I think the one with the little Y4 is my favorite out of the batch. It's such a good loco and never gets enough credit. You sure know how to make it shine!

Post#4102 - Likewise the Swanage Railway is looking fantastic Parker! It's a great pleasure to see an S15 in service! Didn't the Swanage Fleet have an S15 at some point or am I thinking of the Bluebell in this context?

Some more of the Brighton Project. This time I'm sharing something I've wanted to add to the route for a very very very long time.

neg7zcR.jpg
[/IMG]

Gmy6xoK.jpg
[/IMG]

Uvg6vWf.jpg
[/IMG]

SZRiEmb.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
#4111. Taking a holiday down south Frank. I like the sunlight and shadow in your screenshot, - nicely done.

B&FER 'Sharpie' No.8 is regularly scheduled to take the boat train away from the wharf station at Foxhollow. No.8 is still wearing the B&FER's old green livery having so far successfully eluded any sign of a blue tin of paint being brought near it.

MInErhv.jpg

Approaching Brenton Wood.

lCMz5QA.jpg

Platform 3 Brenton Wood station.

iRulhK6.jpg

A countryside snap taken on the way to Moxbury.

mNexTGQ.jpg

Thanks Annie.

I am tinkering with a short route around the River Test near Southampton. It will be roughly Brockenhurst and Romsey to Southampton West. The current issue of Railway Modeller has a layout based on Redbridge wharf, which was on the eastern (left) bank of the Test. Their setting was around 1965, while I have chosen to make it 1925, admittedly just a tad late for an LSWR liveried loco. This date means that I can include a bit of the Fawley branch (opened 1925) and just have the two-platform Southampton West station, but it also means that I had to "excavate" the transdem DTM model to remove all the post-1930 reclaimation works which produced the western docks area of Southampton. The Redbridge wharf yard was also very different in 1925 from what it became during/after WWII.

A view down the River Test from above Totton. Redbridge Junction where the LSWR's Andover and Redbridge line joins their Southampton and Dorchester line. A great deal of work to do.

Last edited:
Thanks Annie.

I am tinkering with a short route around the River Test near Southampton. It will be roughly Brockenhurst and Romsey to Southampton West. The current issue of Railway Modeller has a layout based on Redbridge wharf, which was on the eastern (left) bank of the Test. Their setting was around 1965, while I have chosen to make it 1925, admittedly just a tad late for an LSWR liveried loco. This date means that I can include a bit of the Fawley branch (opened 1925) and just have the two-platform Southampton West station, but it also means that I had to "excavate" the transdem DTM model to remove all the post-1930 reclaimation works which produced the western docks area of Southampton. The Redbridge wharf yard was also very different in 1925 from what it became during/after WWII.

A view down the River Test from above Totton. Redbridge Junction where the LSWR's Andover and Redbridge line joins their Southampton and Dorchester line. A great deal of work to do.

This is brilliant Frank. No other words to describe it.

Do you think you might release this on the DLS once its completed? The West Southampton lines near the River Test are something I have not been able to find proper maps for and the route would be a great reference for the Southampton area of my Brighton Route Southern Project.

I really hope you will post more of this as it progresses. It's an amazing route already and I can't wait to see more of it!! :D

Great shots, everyone. The variety on this thread is always compelling.

Borderreiver, your River Test project really looks neat!

Wath Station Master MacGregor was studying his watch closely as Driver Eric just managed to fold his Fowler 7F and the quarry train onto the siding, only seconds before the local came chuffing around the bend. By his watch, the margin of error was only 20 seconds or the local would have been delayed by Eric's train, which was bound for the Dacre Stone Mason Factory.

MacGregor angrily waved at Eric, and then gestured at his watch. As the local reduced speed, he was just able to hear Eric's retort over the sound of the oncoming train.

"Plenty of time, Guv'nor. No worries." Such cheek! MacGregor muttered to himself.

hnG75Vky_o.jpg

Back